• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2013/14

If he's anything like his brother at scrummaging then BAD signing.
Well he's a decent scrummager actually and alright around the park. Hence why he plays for Australia and his brother plays for Fiji... :p

Augustin Creevy from Montpellier to Worcester
Kvesic from Worcester to Gloucester
Bayonne and Castres rumoured in market for the Italian prop francesco Minto.....

Ignacio Mieres to Worcester Warriors.

Great signing for them!
Warriors are recruiting well.

That one is a shock, I thought he signed a 3 year contract last season.

Does this mean Steenson isn't off? Thought he was going to Ireland. Don't get that one though, I prefer Mieres to Steenson.

Yeah, Mieres is a far better 10, but for some reason they prefer Steenson this season.
Think I saw somewhere that Mieres hasn't started a game since September, and has only made it off of the bench 5 times since then - not great for someone hoping to play international rugby.

@TRF_Olyy: Do you regard Mieres as an upgrade on Andy Goode for Worcester? And if so, enough to carry Worcester into the top 7 of the Premiership?

I assume Goode will now very likely be moving to Gwent.

Ahh its nice being a worcester fan when we make signings like these :)

Going to miss Goode though was a real servant to the club

Last edited:
I'll still never under-estimate Worcesters ability to only draw 5% of a players potential out of them.

Players like Chris Latham and Rico Gear for example...

@TRF_Olyy: Do you regard Mieres as an upgrade on Andy Goode for Worcester? And if so, enough to carry Worcester into the top 7 of the Premiership?

I assume Goode will now very likely be moving to Gwent.

Come for the pies, stay for the pies.

Gerwyn Price: Cross Keys RFC -> Glasgow (until end of season).
We lost Lewis Rawlins to the Arsecelts earlier in the year, and the Wasps are sniffing around Steffan Jones. Dragons ignoring one of the best performing Gwent teams over the past few seasons?

Julien Tomas leaves Montpellier after 18years at the club new Club not yet announced, but it could be near Toulouse??????

Castres is near Toulouse!!!!

Wallabies prop Salesi Ma'afu .to Northampton

Last edited:
Julio Farias Cabello ---> London Welsh

Gerwyn Price: Cross Keys RFC -> Glasgow (until end of season).
We lost Lewis Rawlins to the Arsecelts earlier in the year, and the Wasps are sniffing around Steffan Jones. Dragons ignoring one of the best performing Gwent teams over the past few seasons?

Edwards said he's backing the hookers he has in Gustafson, Parry and Dee. Price is a good loose hooker but offers little in his tight work, he impressed with that 30 meter try he scored a few years back to help Cross Keys win the Swalec Cup. The Dragons didn't sign him in pre-season because he apparently had a wrist injury and a year or so ago the Blues came close to singing him when Dai Young was in charge but fell through when Young moved to Wasps. Rightly or wrongly, I can sort of understand what Edwards has said in relation to developing what they have but in reality Price is a better hooker than Gustafson.

Last edited:
Peter Buxton from Gloucester to Bristol

I'm delighted about that, this is a signing that we need, talent, leadership and lots of experience. Our successor to Matt Salter

A slow burner of a player. Never retard him before he joined Saints but he's one of my "glad he's playing" names on the team sheet now.

Should be excellent for Bris.

Latest posts