• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2013/14

This exodus culture will end up hurting NZ, the question is, how much talent can leave before it starts to weaken the national side. Personally I think it is a shame Hosea has given up on the AB's, I remember that Test against England when he ripped us to shreds. Great player.

This exodus culture will end up hurting NZ, the question is, how much talent can leave before it starts to weaken the national side. Personally I think it is a shame Hosea has given up on the AB's, I remember that Test against England when he ripped us to shreds. Great player.

I think while it will affect NZ the real team that should be concerned is France, I think in the HC cup final between French clubs only 7 starting players were French.

Tom May (Northampton Saints), Andrew ***terrell (Edinburgh), Richard Thorpe (Leicester Tigers), Pete Browne (Harlequins), Ben Pienaar (Moseley), Carl Kirwan (Rotherham ***ans), Rhys Crane (Nottingham) and Ben West (Cinderford) ---> London Welsh

Tom May (Northampton Saints), Andrew ***terrell (Edinburgh), Richard Thorpe (Leicester Tigers), Pete Browne (Harlequins), Ben Pienaar (Moseley), Carl Kirwan (Rotherham ***ans), Rhys Crane (Nottingham) and Ben West (Cinderford) ---> London Welsh

Ouch. Bet he regrets the move up to the Tigers now. Gone from a regular piece of LI's backrow to the second tier of English rugby.

Chances of Welsh fighting for promotion next year?

They've recruited pretty well, but I can't see it.
My money's on Bristol.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Ouch. Bet he regrets the move up to the Tigers now. Gone from a regular piece of LI's backrow to the second tier of English rugby.

Chances of Welsh fighting for promotion next year?
London Irish will be joining him in the second tier before long. :p

Not a great one at the moment, he has definately signed a pro contract, but wasn't revealing the team himself(perhaps he was told not to) but a friend of his blabbed it out in a tweet in a conversation with Hassler, doubt that would have come out of nowhere. But I guess this is only 95% confirmed.

Yes I agree. London Welsh's effort from 4th was credible and could have done better with an extra bit of luck. But it is strange that Newcastle won nearly every game. You'd think that with the improvements in competitiveness and after Exeter and Welsh who did well in the Premiership, that pretty poor sides like Worcester and Newcastle would have lost a few more games.

We would be one of the best sides if matches were only 70-75 minutes long

Bulls have agreed to release Wynand Olivier earlier, he will be going to Montpellier.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>NEWS | Burgess will join training today and is eligible for selection for Friday's match against the ACT Brumbies.</p>&mdash; RaboDirect Rebels (@MelbourneRebels) <a href="https://twitter.com/MelbourneRebels/status/341366876280086528">June 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Luke Burgess ---> Rebels

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" ***le="Embedded Tweet" style="display: block; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px;" width="500" height="186"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Luke Burgess ---> Rebels
Thought you meant the rugby league player for a moment :lol:

<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" style="display: none;"></iframe>

Danny Barnes (centre)

Munster -----> Newcastle Falcons

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/11974.php#.Ua2fKdLVCMU

The following is a list I compiled of all the confirmed departures from Munster:

Wian du Preez (prop, TBC)
Christy Condon (prop, TBC)
Marcus Horan (prop, retired)
James Rael (hooker, Connacht)*
Sean Henry (hooker, Connacht)
Brian Hayes (lock, Aurillac)*
Philip Donnellan (lock, TBC)*
Cathal O'Flaherty (backrow, TBC)*
Peter Stringer (scrum-half, Bath)
Ronan O'Gara (fly-half, retired)
Scott Deasy (utility back, TBC)
Corey Hircock (centre, Bedford Blues)*
Danny Barnes (centre, Newcastle Falcons)
Doug Howlett (winger, retired)
Sean Scanlon (fullback, Rotherham ***ans)

*Players leaving the academy

Last edited: