• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers and Rumours!

I'm sure it all depends on where in wales you live.
I know that my mam (a pembrokeshire girl) pronounces it Dull-Ann...as do i, come to think of it.

<div class='quotemain'> Is anyone going to comment on the "possible exit" of Mike Phillips to Gloucester?

Sure, we just paid **** loads of money for the one form scrum half in wales just to let him go after just one season to an english club, thus making his wales career very unlikely. :lol:
[/b]

Worcseter are after him also, strong rumour I hear and it now appears on the bbc wales rugby rumour and transfers page!
[/b][/quote]

Sorry, i didn't mean to sound belittling, but it just seems so very hard to believe.

I'm sure it all depends on where in wales you live.
I know that my mam (a pembrokeshire girl) pronounces it Dull-Ann...as do i, come to think of it.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Is anyone going to comment on the "possible exit" of Mike Phillips to Gloucester?

Sure, we just paid **** loads of money for the one form scrum half in wales just to let him go after just one season to an english club, thus making his wales career very unlikely. :lol:
[/b]

Worcseter are after him also, strong rumour I hear and it now appears on the bbc wales rugby rumour and transfers page!
[/b][/quote]

Sorry, i didn't mean to sound belittling, but it just seems so very hard to believe.
[/b][/quote]

Belittling .... HA

no on all seriousnesss I don't see him leaving Ospreys soon!

<div class='quotemain'> Wait, isn't Dylan pronounced Dill-An? o_O [/b]

No. Never heard that pronunciation before. As RC said, it's pronounced Dull-Ann. Call yourself Welsh, tut.
[/b][/quote]
It's pronounced Dill-An up in Merthyr Goddamnit! >.<

<div class='quotemain'> I'm sure it all depends on where in wales you live.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Is anyone going to comment on the "possible exit" of Mike Phillips to Gloucester?

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Belittling .... HA

no on all seriousnesss I don't see him leaving Ospreys soon!
[/b][/quote]
Hm, I believe the Worcester rumour though. Ruddock wants to build a strong team up there, hence him signing Latham and Gear, so I wouldn't have been surprised if Phillips was on his to-buy-next list.

Yeah, ruddock's been given a bit of money and he's a good coach and wants a quality squad, so i'm sure the rumours probably are true. But Ospreys will never let Mike leave.

Loads of rumours cropping up that Dan Parks has been allowed to take an 18 month sabbatical by the NZRU to go oop north, like. Fellow kicker Evans is rumoured to be following suit.

Considering that the market for Southern Hemisphere players is now saturated, only France has the spending power to buy Parks & Evans.

So, any bets on which club? Stade Francais? Racing Club? Toulon? Toulouse? Biarritz?

Evans would probably be wrapped up by Paris since Hernandez is apparantly moving to Leicester and Skrela to Toulouse.
Are you saying Dan Parks is moving? Looks like Llanelli can make another quality signing if they hurry.

Loads of rumours cropping up that Dan Parks has been allowed to take an 18 month sabbatical by the NZRU to go oop north, like. Fellow kicker Evans is rumoured to be following suit.

Considering that the market for Southern Hemisphere players is now saturated, only France has the spending power to buy Parks & Evans.

So, any bets on which club? Stade Francais? Racing Club? Toulon? Toulouse? Biarritz? [/b]

I assume you mean Dan Carter, who people actually care about! Also the Dragons are after Evans....

Nic Evans is supposedly a target for the Blues and Dragons!
[/b]
I can't believe they signed Ceri Sweeney though. What a waste of good money; Nicky Robinson is bloody better! They should have saved up for a better O-H.

Every club in the Northern Hemisphere with more then £5 spare has been linked to Nick Evans abd Dan Carter. You know, because £5 is a years wages in New Zealand. Bloody mercenaries.

Nicky Robinson may be better (just!) but you're not exactly comparing him to much.
Robinson is one of the most inconsistent fly halves...ever, and sweeney is just past it.
Cardiff and Dragons need a quality fly half and get rid of the ones the currently have.

Nicky Robinson may be better (just!) but you're not exactly comparing him to much.
Robinson is one of the most inconsistent fly halves...ever, and sweeney is just past it.
Cardiff and Dragons need a quality fly half and get rid of the ones the currently have.
[/b]
That's what I mean. Instead of buying a better fly-half, they go and pick someone worse! TELL ME, WHERE IS THE COMMON-SENSE IN THAT? /seizure.

Five pounds? Well, that's us out of the running then. [/b]

and us! :(

Mark McMillan looks set to fill O'Yougs place in the Glasgow squad, while there are rumours Craig Morgan could be joining Glasgow also (dont know why, we have enough wingers).

Nicky Robinson gets much stick, at times he deserves, hes a confident player if he does something well within the first 5 mins of the game he will have a geniually good game otherwise no!

Ian Humphreys is on the way back to Ulster, his stint at Leicester certainly seems to have brought him on as a player and God knows we need both him and Sexton to step up to the mark at international level so good move .

The Echo (Cardiff's paper) have just claimed links between Cardiff Blues and Dan Carter...

LEINSTER ARE set to make a notable signing for next season, having lined up the highly regarded Auckland Blues goalkicking utility back Isa Nacewa, writes Gerry Thornley .

The New Zealand-born 25-year-old, who won a solitary cap for Fiji as a replacement in the 2003 World Cup, is a regular and outstanding player in the gifted Blues' backline and his capture would represent quite a coup.

Given the likelihood of Rob Kearney and Luke Fitzgerald supplementing Leinster's more established Test stars on international duty, when they could have up half a dozen backs unavailable at any one time, Nacewa would provide them with cover from outhalf, centre and at fullback.

In a standard reply - as is the case with their attempts to sign the Springbok prop CJ van der Linden - with regard to Nacewa, Leinster chief executive Mick Dawson merely stated: "We've no comment to make. We never discuss signing players until the end of the season."

Nonetheless, the information from New Zealand is that Nacewa, a standout in this year's Super 14, has agreed a two-year deal with Leinster.

Other signings seem probable, although aside from Van der Linden, attempts to lure Rocky Elsom from the Waratahs are looking a little rocky.
© 2008 The Irish Times

Latest posts