• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers and Rumours!

C

Cymro

<div align="center">
logo_cardiff.gif

In:

Rumoured transfer targets: Ceri Sweeney (Dragons), Richard Mustoe (Ospreys), Aled Brew (Ospreys)

Out: Rob Howley (Wales backs coach)

Possible exits:

logo_newport.gif

In:

Rumoured transfer targets: Shaun Connor (Ospreys), the Dragons have targeted two unnamed former All Blacks

Out: Michael Owen (Saracens)

Possible exits: Colin Charvis (out of contract summer 2008), Ceri Sweeney (linked to the Blues and Worcester), Richard Mustoe (loan period from Ospreys ends, linked to Blues)

logo_ospreys.gif

In: Hale T-Pole (Highlanders), Andrew Hore (elite performance director), Tommy Bowe (Ulster)

Rumoured transfer targets:

Out: Stefan Terblanche (Natal Sharks), Brent Cockbain (Sale), Richie Pugh (released), Martin Roberts (Scarlets)

Possible exits: Hale T-Pole (on a year's contract), Mike Phillips (linked to Worcester), Richard Mustoe (linked to Blues), Shaun Connor (linked to the Dragons), Aled Brew (linked to the Blues)

logo_llanelli.gif

In: Mahonri Schwalger, Simon Maling (Suntory), Sililo Martens (Sale), Rob Higgitt (Bristol), Martin Roberts (Ospreys)

Rumoured transfer targets:

Out: Dwayne Peel (Sale), James Hayter, Ian Jones, Daniel George, Alec Jenkins, Rhys Williams, Rhys O Williams (all released)

Possible exits: Garan Evans (out of contract summer 2008), Mahonri Schwalger (out of contract summer 2008), Alix Popham (linked to Brive)

Others:

logo_cardiff.gif
logo_newport.gif
logo_ospreys.gif
logo_llanelli.gif

Confirmed: Matthew Jones (Moseley-Bridgend), Jason Forster (Neath-Rotherham), Haldane Luscombe (Harlequins-Worcester)

Ones to watch/rumours: Darren Morris (out of contract with Worcester in May), Ceri Sweeney (Dragons-Worcester)

</div>

I think Aled Brew is more than a rumour, it appears to be pretty much a done deal, lets hope that aint the case with Sweeney.

What's with all the useless signings made by the Scarlets? I mean Sililo Martens to replace Peel! Scarlets need to get rid of all their journeymen and sign some quality, whether it's Welsh or Foreign. Why aren't they going after the likes of Mustoe to replace the past it Dafydd James?

As Easterby said on Scrum V, you need to have a squad to become successful. I'm worried the Scarlets think that once they have their brand new stadium, everything will be ok. But it won't without some new forwards. They need a top class tight head, second row (to strengthen and help the development of Lou Reed etc) and a no 8 if Popham leaves. Good to see Dafydd Jones back playing well though, he's re-filled the void at 6.

What's with all the useless signings made by the Scarlets? I mean Sililo Martens to replace Peel! Scarlets need to get rid of all their journeymen and sign some quality, whether it's Welsh or Foreign. Why aren't they going after the likes of Mustoe to replace the past it Dafydd James?

As Easterby said on Scrum V, you need to have a squad to become successful. I'm worried the Scarlets think that once they have their brand new stadium, everything will be ok. But it won't without some new forwards. They need a top class tight head, second row (to strengthen and help the development of Lou Reed etc) and a no 8 if Popham leaves. Good to see Dafydd Jones back playing well though, he's re-filled the void at 6.
[/b]

Are LLanelli leaving Stradey or just re-developing it as it is one of my favourite grounds .

Are LLanelli leaving Stradey or just re-developing it as it is one of my favourite grounds .
[/b]

Are you drunk? But yes they are moving.

Dull (That actually didn't mean anything, before you say :p), we've also signed the young scrum-half Martin Roberts from the Ospreys. He's probably our best signing so far as he's young and could develop into a brilliant scrum half given half the chance (which he wasn't given at the Ospreys, due to Phillips and Marshall being there).

I think Aled Brew is more than a rumour, it appears to be pretty much a done deal, lets hope that aint the case with Sweeney. [/b]

Sweeney is also close to being rapped up, story is that Nick McLeod may be heading the other way but I have been told that Sweeney has been in talk with the Blues for a while!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
I have been there for Hcup games with Gloucester and its always been a great atmosphere and felt like a proper rugby club, thats why I like it. Certainly better than going to Cardiffs ground which is dire and lacking any passion.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

[/b][/quote]
I have been there for Hcup games with Gloucester and its always been a great atmosphere and felt like a proper rugby club, thats why I like it. Certainly better than going to Cardiffs ground which is dire and lacking any passion. [/b][/quote]

Oh well can't please everyone can we now?

Only another year before we go into our new stadium!!!

Leinster will be busy in the transfer market during the summer.

John Fogarty is already confirmed to join from Connacht which will likely see Brian Blaney lose his contract.

Ollie Le Roux is going back to coach in South Africa and an international prop has been signed in his place. It's not been announced who it is yet but my best guesses would be Rodrigo Roncero (who was over for a visit last year) or Carl Hayman (who Newcastle reportedly can't afford.

Keith Gleeson's retirment opens up a position in the backrow. While Michael Cheika has spoken about promoting Sean O'Brien, Leinster have been strongly linked with Rocky Elsom.

Eoin Reddan rejected a chance to join Leinster a couple of months ago. Chris Whitaker is out of contract and supposedly a southern hemisphere scrum half has been approached. I'm hoping for Fourie Du Preez (but sincerely doubt it!) but expect it to be either a non international player or somebody like Matt Henjak.

Also confirmed to be joining is Alan Gaffney as backs coach wile Neil Back has been strongly linked as forward coach. In today's Times it wasd also revealed that Steve Tuynman and Gareth Jenkins have expressed interest in the forwards coach position.

Cheika said he was looking to promote 3 academy back rows but didn't seem confident on Elsom. Apparently they have also signed Simon Keogh from Harlequins.

Ulster are being strongly linked with BJ Botha

Is anyone going to comment on the "possible exit" of Mike Phillips to Gloucester?

Sure, we just paid **** loads of money for the one form scrum half in wales just to let him go after just one season to an english club, thus making his wales career very unlikely. :lol:

I think considering Mike Phillips is an imbecile, he'd be well up for a move to Gloucester!

Maybe he could move to Ulster to join fellow idiots Mat..*wanders off rambling*

Is anyone going to comment on the "possible exit" of Mike Phillips to Gloucester?

Sure, we just paid **** loads of money for the one form scrum half in wales just to let him go after just one season to an english club, thus making his wales career very unlikely. :lol:
[/b]

Well I don't buy too much into this leaving Wales will damage international prospects nonsense, Gatland#s not that stupid, besides given his injury I wouldn't see too much chance of him going anywhere.

No, you've got a fair point there, An_Tarbh, i think Warren was issuing nothing more than an empty threat to keep players in wales which will inevitably help our rugby.
But even without the injury i see nothing in that rumour.

Cheika said he was looking to promote 3 academy back rows but didn't seem confident on Elsom. Apparently they have also signed Simon Keogh from Harlequins.

Ulster are being strongly linked with BJ Botha [/b]
I heard rumours about Keogh alright. I'm not sure what he'd bring to the table seeing as he's nowhere good enough to start. Perhaps he's being brought in for his versatility.

I wouldn't read too much into Cheika's comments about Elsom. Until any deal is officially announced, cold water will be poured on speculation.

It's good to hear him speak about promoting backrow talent from the academy. Recently he's been mentioning Kevin McLoughlin and Sean O'Brien in a very good light in virtually every interview.

Today's Sunday Independent seems to suggest that CJ van der Linde is on the verge of signing for Leinster. He'd almost certainly start at tighthead with Stan Wright shifting to loosehead, leaving Stephen Knoop and Cian Healy as very able backups.

[/b]

Worcseter are after him also, strong rumour I hear and it now appears on the bbc wales rugby rumour and transfers page!

Dull (That actually didn't mean anything, before you say :p ) [/b]

Most people call me that anyway. When I was in uni in Leiceter no-one could pronounce Dylan (how can it be that hard, everyone can say dull and Ann! It's not pronounced 'Dillyn' English folk) so I ended up introducing myself as Dull or Dill.

My name I use on here dullonien comes from a nickname a friend gave me (never stuck), but it made a good one to use for internet stuff as it's never taken.

Latest posts