• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Don't usually like repeating Rugbyinisdeline stuff but according to them Wade has left Wasps for the NFL.

(Also according to them Fekitoa is going to wasps).

Don't usually like repeating Rugbyinisdeline stuff but according to them Wade has left Wasps for the NFL.

(Also according to them Fekitoa is going to wasps).

Interesting,
Wouldn't be surprised if true. Even NFL training squad salaries are huge, might as well give it a go while still young. If it doesn't work out after a year rugby will still be there

Given he hasn't had a sniff with England you can't really blame him.

The odds are against him making a real impact but good luck to him, he's given some great entertainment over the years.

Leicester Tigers apparently after Etzebeth.
Reports says he would want to stay in South Africa after the world cup as a result of the B&I tour to SA but the rules of foreign players is slack so you never know.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/english-club-shows-interest-in-etzebeth-20181018

His agent felt the need to come out and deny the reports.
https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Spr...nt-dismisses-england-talks-as-gossip-20181019

This quote by his agent is rather interesting.

"Eben is a word class player so there will be interest from all over"

Also rumours that Marcel Coetzee will be leaving Ulster at the end of the season. Does that mean he will come back home or move to France or another Irish team?

Hughes has really dined out on that great year hasn't he. That sort of money could would make him better paid than any forward in the prem wouldn't it?

Half a mil for Hughes WTF!

And that is all from the cap can't be a marquee player.

Honestly I struggle to see Bristol staying up this year.

This kind of thing worries me. Given the lack of money in the game and no obvious signs of gates increasing etc. it's ridiculous that a player who is good but not great can command that kind of money.

If it's true that Piutau's on £1m, 2 players would be taking up more than 20% of their total playing budget!

Maybe it lends a bit of credence to the rumours linking Luatua with a return to NZ.

This kind of thing worries me. Given the lack of money in the game and no obvious signs of gates increasing etc. it's ridiculous that a player who is good but not great can command that kind of money.

If it's true that Piutau's on £1m, 2 players would be taking up more than 20% of their total playing budget!

Maybe it lends a bit of credence to the rumours linking Luatua with a return to NZ.
Plus Madigan's (reported) near half a mill a year on top of that for at least next season.

Also rumours that Marcel Coetzee will be leaving Ulster at the end of the season. Does that mean he will come back home or move to France or another Irish team?

Ah, thats a pity. Was hoping we'd get another year out of him after all the injury issues.

If he left us, it wouldn't be to another (Irish) province. So either France or back home.

Latest posts