• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

May explain the interest in Eastmond. Although to be fair they're light on centres and the know Ford and Eastmond can work well in tandem.

So Toomua out and Eastmond in rumours, swapping the Bentley for a Ford Focus...

No seriously thought Eastmond was League bound?

Not quite what is happening from what I hear on the street bruv.
Little bit of devilment on my part reading the last few rumours on here, Toomua's resigned hasn't he? and Eastmond's better than that I know although I thought he was going back to league?

Little bit of devilment on my part reading the last few rumours on here, Toomua's resigned hasn't he? and Eastmond's better than that I know although I thought he was going back to league?

Eastmond is pretty close to joining us but he isn't viewed as a potential replacement for Toomua, who would need to be brought out and will cost the wallabies $$$$$.

Eastmond is pretty close to joining us but he isn't viewed as a potential replacement for Toomua, who would need to be brought out and will cost the wallabies $$$$$.
Hope he stay's, best player in the prem IMO...

Hope he stay's, best player in the prem IMO...

Toomua or eastmond? Both i really wouldnt agree, both great players for different reasons but still neither are the best players IMO.

Unless you were being sarcastic lol

Toomua or eastmond? Both i really wouldnt agree, both great players for different reasons but still neither are the best players IMO.

Unless you were being sarcastic lol
Matt Toomua, genuinely world class talent and IMO the best player in the prem...

Nowhere near for me. Possibly the best centre but no more than that.

Nowhere near for me. Possibly the best centre but no more than that.
Agree totally toomua is great and massively worthy of a mention, best centre, yes i could get behind that although be a close call but best player...no.

Cant see the Aussies paying what's required tbh. Feel he will at least stay for the 18/19 season then possibly go but after the injuries I would be gutted and annoyed if he left early.

On form the guy is world class. Hes brilliant at 10 and even better at 12. Defensively almost Brad Barritt levels and attacking wise he has everything.

You're entitled to your opinion but I really can't see how you can argue that Toomua is more individually influential than the likes of de Klerk, Cipriani, Le Roux and even Farrell?

Toomua is undoubtedly a top player and, as I say, arguably he best centre in the Premiership, but any of those I mentioned are more influential on their team's game plan/style of play than he is.

Well tbf he said best player not most influential. Any player, no matter how good, can have their influence curtailed by the players around them, the structure the team plays with, etc. Plonk Barrett behind last season's London Irish pack and I doubt he'd have been as influential as half the league's FHs. Also it's no coincidence that 3 of your 4 players are half backs with how difficult it is for other positions to match their influence.

I think it's a reasonable claim - not one that I'd personally make but certainly not something so easily dismissed. He has such a complete skill-set at 12 and his only real weakness at 10 is kicking off the tee. As Curt said above his defensive is incredible and the Barritt comparison isn't unreasonable. I think what he has done at Tigers is really impressive as an IC behind a pack that comfortably came off second best more often than not and half backs constantly on the back foot. I almost wish he'd go to a team like Saracens, Chiefs or Wasps because he'd be a joy to watch.

Is Paul O'Connell transfer up yet
What's the low down on him as a coach? I heard he was highly rated in Munster for his work with the development team but I wasn't impressed with how he had, an admittedly poor quality, Irish u20 pack playing.

It'll be worth keeping an eye on him and Mike Prendergast at Stade Francais. There are lots of Irish coaches earning their crust elsewhere at the moment. Conor O'Shea, Mark McCall, Declan Kidney, Bernard Jackman, Michael Bradley, Jeremy Davidson, Stephen Aboud, Ronan O'Gara, Girvan Dempsey, Eoin Toolan, Paul O'Connell and Mike Prendergast off the top of my head. You'd imagine some will be in contention for coaching gigs at the provinces at some point.

What's the low down on him as a coach? I heard he was highly rated in Munster for his work with the development team but I wasn't impressed with how he had, an admittedly poor quality, Irish u20 pack playing.

It'll be worth keeping an eye on him and Mike Prendergast at Stade Francais. There are lots of Irish coaches earning their crust elsewhere at the moment. Conor O'Shea, Mark McCall, Declan Kidney, Bernard Jackman, Michael Bradley, Jeremy Davidson, Stephen Aboud, Ronan O'Gara, Girvan Dempsey, Eoin Toolan, Paul O'Connell and Mike Prendergast off the top of my head. You'd imagine some will be in contention for coaching gigs at the provinces at some point.
A very technical coach. So I'd argue he will only be effective the higher up the ladder because of the detail in each approach and standard of player required. But he is still a novice and it will be an interesting mix. Prendy has really carved out a huge reputation started from his days as Young Munster headcoach.

Shaun Edwards makes it official that he will take over the head coaching responsibilities at Wigan Warriors after seeing out his contract with Wales at next years World Cup.

Gutted but not unexpected, Shaun you've been awesome and will forever be welcome back in Wales. Good luck.

Be interesting to see how he goes after being away from the sport for so long - seen some mighty miffed Warriors fans on social media/forums

League coaches take to Union pretty quickly, though, so no reason he shouldn't do well - especially with his playing experience (as much as the game has changed since then, even)

Latest posts