• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Considering some players struggle to agree to release clauses when a team gets relegated, why would any club agree to one that says a change in coaching staff means bye bye?

What particular reason would he have to move?

Can't see any real, obvious benefit to him moving elsewhere.

Agree there's no obvious point in him moving and that reason seems an unlikely trigger.

Not sure what I think about Smith. Talented and still obvs v young, but when he loses the apprentice tag at international level I can see the George Ford arguments all over again.

Big enough? Defensive liability? Good enough from the tee? What's he like behind a beaten pack (although if he stays we should get the answer to that soon enough)?

Last edited:
Agree there's no obvious point in him moving and that reason seems an unlikely trigger.

Not sure what I think about Smith. Talented and still obvs v young, but when he loses the apprentice tag at international level I can see the George Ford arguments all over again.

Big enough? Defensive liability? Good enough from the tee? What's he like behind a beaten pack (although if he stays we should get the answer to that soon enough)?

Dump tackled Luther Burrell... The boy can tackle. Also had been fantastic behind a **** pack all year so I wouldn't worry about that.

Ford can tackle too, It's sheer lack of mass that's the issue
Smith is barely out of nappies though, will be a couple more years until we really know what his ceiling is

Dump tackled Luther Burrell... The boy can tackle. Also had been fantastic behind a **** pack all year so I wouldn't worry about that.

Players who make big tackles can still be defensive liabilities. From what I've seen, he's certainly not afraid to get stuck in and punches above his weight. I've not thought of his as a defensive liability in any terms, but time will tell.

Prop Xavier Chiocci (complete with power belly) to Exeter from Toulon according to Rugby Gold. Hopefully he can play second row, 8 and full back! ;)

While trying to remember this one, I stumbled across Lozowski to Exeter, but I don't know how old it is. Apparently his contract was running out. Does anyone know if he has re-signed?

Prop Xavier Chiocci (complete with power belly) to Exeter from Toulon according to Rugby Gold. Hopefully he can play second row, 8 and full back! ;)

While trying to remember this one, I stumbled across Lozowski to Exeter, but I don't know how old it is. Apparently his contract was running out. Does anyone know if he has re-signed?
Is he the last Toulon player that is Toulon made?

He resigned at Sarries...just after he was linked to Chiefs (Agent played a blinder there).

As for Chiocci, I hope not.

Why? Massive step up from Moon and maybe better than Heps.
Just personal opinion that's all, I don't think LHP needs upgrading and the cash could be spent elsewhere, nothing against the player as such, more against the need for another international prop and the cost, although I do prefer Cyril Baille and Rabah Slimani over Choicci.

Latest posts