• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Steven kitshoff ---> Sale

Suspect, like Faff, the club have sorted him out a nice Penthouse in Manchester off the books.

+All the Du preez bro's

Sale the New Sarries.

Yes im Jealous

Doubt we'd need to, we were significantly under the cap in previous years (£2m+) so we're just catching up to the rest of the league.
Smallest squad + most players either academy grads or picked up from the lower leagues/eastern Europe leaves a chunk of change for big names.

I've seen Cruden to Bath mentioned on social media

Last edited:
Doubt we'd need to, we were significantly under the cap in previous years (£2m+) so we're just catching up to the rest of the league.
Smallest squad + most players either academy grads or picked up from the lower leagues/eastern Europe leaves a chunk of change for big names.

I've seen Cruden to Bath mentioned on social media

Its Dimes being adamant you lot will break even that makes me suspect something's going on off the books, well I say suspect I've had it from a reliable source.

Noel Reid + Jaco Taute to Tigers.

Handre Pollard to Bath is up in the air over his Adidas contract apparently.

Its Dimes being adamant you lot will break even that makes me suspect something's going on off the books, well I say suspect I've had it from a reliable source.
Yeah, it is pretty suss considering out crowd sizes.
That said we have zero debt (all written off when Orange took over) and they've gone balls deep on the sponsorship and corporate side of the game, and that seems to be going really well. Pretty sure we get a load of money from the stand/stadium names as well (I remember Salford rugby league having a moan about it before, but we negotiated them all)
I don't claim to know enough about finance to know what's going on with the books but as long as we aren't bankrupting ourselves I'm happy enough.

Yeah, it is pretty suss considering out crowd sizes.
That said we have zero debt (all written off when Orange took over) and they've gone balls deep on the sponsorship and corporate side of the game, and that seems to be going really well. Pretty sure we get a load of money from the stand/stadium names as well (I remember Salford rugby league having a moan about it before, but we negotiated them all)
I don't claim to know enough about finance to know what's going on with the books but as long as we aren't bankrupting ourselves I'm happy enough.

Oh for sure yeah you'll be fine. I think its a case of if you cant beat them, join them. Sarries with what they've been doing for years, Exeter with their sponsor being their owner/chairman and Wasps being Wasps.

Could do with King Power taking over Tigers :D

I'll be honest, I think we were all resigned to Attwood leaving, but to France, not elsewhere in the prem.
If we're not fighting tooth and nail to keep him, I can only think that the change in destination came only after we'd reallocated his salary elsewhere, and left us unable to compete. Otherwise, I just don't understand it. As far as I can see, there's no bad blood between him and the coaches/management, and he got the sebatical he wanted, even if he was disappointed to come back.

Happy to see him move to France and get a few years in the sun,I'll be disappointed to see him moving within the prem unless for a significant pay rise.

Wasps could really do with Attwood. We need to trade up on Rowlands and now Myall who has done downhill in the last few years.

Wasps could really do with Attwood. We need to trade up on Rowlands and now Myall who has done downhill in the last few years.
Always face it, Sarries are the only team that wouldn't make him an automatic starter. It's a question of £££ and loyalty.
I doubt Bath are paying him less than his worth, and I feel we've prove loyalty to him; so a move for more £££ would make sense, but seems unlikely in a salary capped world, a move for silverware makes sense, but would only really mean Exeter, whilst amove for the heart would mean France (as would money).

Either he really was upset about honouring his contract, it was taken as read that he was moving to France that plans has been put in place before that fell through.
Or, of course, something has gone on in private that has remained private.

Harsh on Rowlands who I'd argue has been one of your best players this season and continues to get better. I don't dispute Attwood would be an upgrade, but Rowlands deserves a fair bit more credit than you seem to be giving him.

Harsh on Rowlands who I'd argue has been one of your best players this season and continues to get better. I don't dispute Attwood would be an upgrade, but Rowlands deserves a fair bit more credit than you seem to be giving him.

Meh, his stats are ok but he lacks impact for someone of his size. We're being dominated physically too often and he's not enforcing. However, his last couple of performances have been a lot better.

Separately, I'm surprised I'm the first one to report this rumour which I desperately hope isn't true:
Joe Launchbury ----> Sale Sharks
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/launchbury-moves-step-closer-to-sale-switch

Meh, his stats are ok but he lacks impact for someone of his size. We're being dominated physically too often and he's not enforcing. However, his last couple of performances have been a lot better.

Separately, I'm surprised I'm the first one to report this rumour which I desperately hope isn't true:
Joe Launchbury ----> Sale Sharks
https://www.rugbypass.com/news/launchbury-moves-step-closer-to-sale-switch

Would love for it to be true.

But pretty sure it's not.

Launchbury to Sale is the new Eastmond to Sale

Wheeled out by tin pot social media rumour accounts who need a few clicks during a quiet spell

Launchbury to Sale is the new Eastmond to Sale

Wheeled out by tin pot social media rumour accounts who need a few clicks during a quiet spell

Launch was at Carrington today, looks like it may well be actually happening.

Latest posts