• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I guess it's Ackermann + a bunch of Saffa mates vs. Diamond and a bunch of Saffa mates. I'm not convinced Greater Manchester is a huge upgrade on Gloucester, but a wedge of cash might help. Doesn't say much for his loyalty though ...

I guess it's Ackermann + a bunch of Saffa mates vs. Diamond and a bunch of Saffa mates. I'm not convinced Greater Manchester is a huge upgrade on Gloucester, but a wedge of cash might help. Doesn't say much for his loyalty though ...

Sale locations has a massive draw
Greater Manchester - Great big city for younger guys
Cheshire area - For the familes.

The Cotsworld is great and all but hardly a must live area outside cheltenham week.

Daly finally announced as leaving Wasps

https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/daly-to-leave-wasps-at-end-of-season/

Sad news but obviously not unexpected. Suggests its a fresh challenge required and not training facilities. I reckon he just feels if he wants trophies, Sarries are obviously best place for them. Shame that we couldn't convert back in that Final vs Exeter.

Gonna be a lot of moves this summer and once World Cup Squads announced so who knows what will happen.

What's the craic with Wasps training facilities atm?
I know they have plans for a new base, but atm they do their on field training at local amateur clubs don't they?
What do they do for strength and conditioning? Just go down the like virgin active or what?

Like Sale have a massive gym, cryo, physios, sprint track, outside pitches and an agreement with man city to use their indoor pitches when the weather is bad.
It seems crazy that a top side like Wasps just uses essentially a public field?

Daly finally announced as leaving Wasps

https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/daly-to-leave-wasps-at-end-of-season/

Sad news but obviously not unexpected. Suggests its a fresh challenge required and not training facilities. I reckon he just feels if he wants trophies, Sarries are obviously best place for them. Shame that we couldn't convert back in that Final vs Exeter.

Gonna be a lot of moves this summer and once World Cup Squads announced so who knows what will happen.
The one club man's largely a thing of the past but these last couple of years have seen them lose a lot of stardust and some good solid players. To an outsider it feels like all may not be well behind the scenes.

The one club man's largely a thing of the past but these last couple of years have seen them lose a lot of stardust and some good solid players. To an outsider it feels like all may not be well behind the scenes.

There were rumours about players being unhappy with the facilities a year or so ago and if they would jump ship. Seems like it as since last year they have lost or are going to lose, Cipriani, Haskell, Mullan, Le Roux, Hughes, Daly, Cooper-Wolley. Sure I've missed someone else, but maybe not.

Wade went, Beale went. Different reasons but still a hell of a lot of talent.

Dai's been there a very long time now. Maybe the players have heard all he has to say?

There have been rumblings about the training facilities, but if everything else was OK would that really be a deal breaker?

Rumours that Scott Fardy won't be retained for next season which would be absolute madness on the part of the IRFU. Assuming that Australia don't try and get him back for the RWC (which they should), we should do everything possible to keep him. Leinster obviously will but the IRFU could get in the way.

If he isn't kept it would have echoes of Nathan Hines not being kept on in more or less the same circumstances eight years ago which led to is signing Brad Thorn on a short-term deal. (He was great and everything but if we'd kept Hines for another year we wouldn't have needed him).

Take him out and our backup locks aren't good enough to mount a challenge for two trophies in a post-RWC year. Toner and Ryan are great but there's no way they'll come back from Japan in a state where they're likely to play every Heineken Cup game and after them we'd be looking at Ross Molony who falls into the category of 'might be a decent club player one day' and Mick Kearney who's of nothing more than journeyman standard. There are really promising players behind them but Fardy would enhance their development instead of blocking them.

Leinster supply so many players do the Ireland squad (and the rest of the provinces) that surely we've earned some leeway when it comes to NIQ rules. Ulster signing this Carter guy for next season isn't filling me with confidence though.

There used to be a gym at the Ricoh where the cov city players trained. Not sure if it is still there but plenty of space within the Ricoh for one.

They were training at brodstreet which I ms a shitty area to get to with traffic but don't know. They definitely don't train at the local gyms round here that I know of.

I know they have plans for a new base, but atm they do their on field training at local amateur clubs don't they?
What do they do for strength and conditioning? Just go down the like virgin active or what?

Like Sale have a massive gym, cryo, physios, sprint track, outside pitches and an agreement with man city to use their indoor pitches when the weather is bad.

It's. a bit of an odd system with Wasps. I've heard that the facilities aren' terrible, as Gym video shows they can't be awful. Pitches look a little dodgy but not appalling.
I imagine it's probably more to do with this 'will they, won't they' with our training facility plans. We have been talking about developing and plans are in place but plans are so far proving to be slow.

Think most of the training takes place at Broadstreet RFC.

Unfortunately just going through tough period at the moment, funnily enough there's a little bit of a split decision on Daly on Wasps boards, a lot of fans are obviously galant in our loss of him but some are a little bitter.

Rumours that Scott Fardy won't be retained for next season which would be absolute madness on the part of the IRFU. Assuming that Australia don't try and get him back for the RWC (which they should), we should do everything possible to keep him. Leinster obviously will but the IRFU could get in the way.

If he isn't kept it would have echoes of Nathan Hines not being kept on in more or less the same circumstances eight years ago which led to is signing Brad Thorn on a short-term deal. (He was great and everything but if we'd kept Hines for another year we wouldn't have needed him).

Take him out and our backup locks aren't good enough to mount a challenge for two trophies in a post-RWC year. Toner and Ryan are great but there's no way they'll come back from Japan in a state where they're likely to play every Heineken Cup game and after them we'd be looking at Ross Molony who falls into the category of 'might be a decent club player one day' and Mick Kearney who's of nothing more than journeyman standard. There are really promising players behind them but Fardy would enhance their development instead of blocking them.

Leinster supply so many players do the Ireland squad (and the rest of the provinces) that surely we've earned some leeway when it comes to NIQ rules. Ulster signing this Carter guy for next season isn't filling me with confidence though.

There was a rumour that Fardy was spotted in Coventry area, with apparently us looking at him.... maybe if he's playing in the row but though Fardy was initially a back row bloke? would Lend some grunt to our pack.

Wasps trained in Leicester last week as prep for their game with Worcester.

There was a rumour that Fardy was spotted in Coventry area, with apparently us looking at him.... maybe if he's playing in the row but though Fardy was initially a back row bloke? would Lend some grunt to our pack.
He's been a backrow mostly but he was signed as a lock for Leinster and has been brilliant there, he played the European knockouts last year at 6 after more or less all of our backrowers got injured though. He'd be a great signing for any club, he came to top level rugby late so he should still have a decent bit left in the tank.

Fardy would be great signing for someone. I'm amazed they're not planning to retain him.

Fardy would be great signing for someone. I'm amazed they're not planning to retain him.

Second that, Wasps fan said he had seen Fardy in Coventry but obviously all rumours. We do really need a bulky second row lad.

Marcell Coetzee is staying with Ulster for 3 more years, hopefully we won't be forced to get rid of Fardy then, we have less NIQs and have just as much need for Fardy, he's also clearly not blocking young talent at lock.

Not a case of Leinster not keeping Fardy more the IRFU not letting them, which would be based on pretty simplistic thinking, as in Leinster have promising young locks, they've got a 33 year old Australian playing there for them, therefore Fardy is blocking Irish players, therefore get rid of him. Utter b******* and spending even thirty seconds thinking about it exposes it as nonsense but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get to keep him.

Seems like the Tom Brady of Rugby (No not the former Sale player)

Noel the GOAT Reid is 100% moving to Tigers.
Brings over the experiance of 3 Champions cup trophies, 1 challenge cup trophy and 3 pro14 trophies.

Some may say a devastating blow for Leinster.

Latest posts