• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

2zni5f.jpg

Coghlan is originally a Leinster man actually. Vaguely remember him being at Munster alright.

I'd say that this kind of elite international signing is exactly what Tigers need to get back to the top. I feel sorry for Noel, he's too good for this team.

Poor Jordan Coughlan, was in the same u20s pack as Furlong, Henderson, Beirne and Conan and looked quality, then got moved to centre and ended up playing for Munster and now Leicester. Just a traumatic conga line.

Still at least he didn't become a cricketer when he had the option.

Mick Kearney has just been given a farewell at the Leinster awards evening.

He's definitely leaving, I'm only putting this in the rumours thread because I have no idea where he's going, Connacht might be a likely destination.

It'd a pity because he was finally hitting decent form and looked like he might have been a genuine possibility for the bench in European games.

Another blow to a squad that's been decimated over the last two years:
  • Jack McGrath
  • Richardt Strauss
  • Mick Kearney
  • Ian Nagle
  • Sean O'Brien
  • Jordi Murphy
  • Nick McCarthy
  • Joey Carbery
  • Noel Reid
  • Tom Daly
  • Isa Nacewa
And a few others I'm forgetting. (Not even counting players like Cathal Marsh/Peadar Timmins/Oisin Heffernan)

Probably looking for some extra world cup money. He'll probably get it too, was never a candidate for a CC after this RWC.
No but a huge blow in terms of experience for Leinster. Can't deny him the extra money as it's well earned and a change of scenery for a year or 2 won't be awful.
But I suppose the QF vs Ulster was writing on the wall that the transition is happening.

No but a huge blow in terms of experience for Leinster. Can't deny him the extra money as it's well earned and a change of scenery for a year or 2 won't be awful.
But I suppose the QF vs Ulster was writing on the wall that the transition is happening.
We'll need a transition year next year alright, nice to have a new and impactful face in Robin McBryde to help that too. Down SOB, Kearney, Leavy and McGrath is nothing to be sniffed at. Grooming Ross and Harry Byrne for knockout rugby and pro 14 rugby respectively must be considered too. We'll be vulnerable to most Heineken Cup sides I reckon

Probably looking for some extra world cup money. He'll probably get it too, was never a candidate for a CC after this RWC.

I think the rumours are coming mainly from a somewhat trolly insta story by SOB so I'd wait and see. Especially he wasn't recognised by Leinster last night.

I think the rumours are coming mainly from a somewhat trolly insta story by SOB so I'd wait and see. Especially he wasn't recognised by Leinster last night.
Wasn't recognised as nothing is solid or signed. But this seems to be solid alright. After RWC he simply isn't worthy of a national contract as age is against him and it will be on a 4 year plan which he won't fit. And to stay at Leinster he would really eat up their budget. It does make sense to be fair for him to go and say he got even a 1 year deal. He would miss a large chunk anyway die to being away with RWC and then being managed so the fact is a 15 will be blooded in and well when is Larmours time?

Wasn't recognised as nothing is solid or signed. But this seems to be solid alright. After RWC he simply isn't worthy of a national contract as age is against him and it will be on a 4 year plan which he won't fit. And to stay at Leinster he would really eat up their budget. It does make sense to be fair for him to go and say he got even a 1 year deal. He would miss a large chunk anyway die to being away with RWC and then being managed so the fact is a 15 will be blooded in and well when is Larmours time?
For Leinster at least Larmour's time is now, he's a guaranteed starter and that isn't changing whether or not Kearney is playing next season. I'd prefer him on the wing for the near future at least anyway.

This would make a lot of sense for Kearney though.

Leaves Leinster very light on fullbacks though, our only serious options this year have been Kearney and Larmour, we've had a few young players like Keenan/O'Brien look decent there and we've tried Barry Daly as well but no one who'd be a serious option to start a knockout European game there and I wouldn't put Kelleher in that bracket either but that could change depending on how he does with us.

For Leinster at least Larmour's time is now, he's a guaranteed starter and that isn't changing whether or not Kearney is playing next season. I'd prefer him on the wing for the near future at least anyway.

This would make a lot of sense for Kearney though.

Leaves Leinster very light on fullbacks though, our only serious options this year have been Kearney and Larmour, we've had a few young players like Keenan/O'Brien look decent there and we've tried Barry Daly as well but no one who'd be a serious option to start a knockout European game there and I wouldn't put Kelleher in that bracket either but that could change depending on how he does with us.
Yes but regardless of if Kearney was there or not next year a 15 will have to be developed as Kearney and Larmour will be in Japan. When they return they will get a mini break and play only Europe really. It is probably the best sense moneywise for Leinster too as the timing dictates too

Yes but regardless of if Kearney was there or not next year a 15 will have to be developed as Kearney and Larmour will be in Japan. When they return they will get a mini break and play only Europe really. It is probably the best sense moneywise for Leinster too as the timing dictates too
Well I think we can definitely cope in the Pro14, but I'd be very worried about Europe.

Probably unlikely with Tomane and Kelleher already though, even if one is a meh centre and the other doesn't really count. And to be fair we're not at all short of wingers.

Wouldn't mind a second row either but won't happen because a) we've already got Fardy and b) they almost definitely wouldn't make the first choice 23 so it'd be hard to find a player good enough.

Latest posts