• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Gareth Anscombe to Quins or Bath, piece on the BBC sport website where he says players are considering leaving Wales...

Mark Wilson to Sale, if Newcastle are relegated - makes sense, as he's from the north west (Newcastle's academy covers all of Cumbria despite most if it being closer to Sale - he played for the same amateur club as Addison but Addison went to Sales academy cause his school was in our catchment area)
Would suggest that the Du Preez twins signings aren't as nailed on as once thought

Murmurs that we're interested in Priestland as well but that makes no sense unless he wants to convert fully to 15. We've signed Rob du Preez and have Wilkinson and Curtis coming through the academy.

Easy to change your "Leicester till I die" tattoo when you get relegated, then

Already changed it to "Leicester till it dies" as once the club gets relegated it will most likely go into administration and eventually crumble to Nat 5 Midlands, upon which we will only be able to get attendance numbers of Sales level.

Rugbypass "confirming" McGarth's move to Ulster. They've been wrong before but I reckon this one is on the money.
Reading between the lines and my regards to Neil Francis on another thread it seems that it is true and it was him that really fought hard for the move. No pressure from IRFU but more Jack became a bit stale in Leinster environment and wants a fresh scene to try reinvigorate himself.

I don't know. 2 well established coaches in their roles. Add in ROG is very knowledgeable of the domestic game so add in an outside voice with good brains of the system may be a benefit.
ROG is using the opportunity as a springboard to a bigger coaching job with the IRFU. Not mutually beneficial though let's not kid ourselves. The union have taken les Bleus to the ProD2 of test rugby. ROG or Gatland ain't going save the day for them. I think they'll outdo themselves in Japan.

Ronan will get a front row seat on how NOT to manage and coach a national side at the RWC. All the mistakes in the book. Great eye opener for him.

ROG is using the opportunity as a springboard to a bigger coaching job with the IRFU. Not mutually beneficial though let's not kid ourselves. The union have taken les Bleus to the ProD2 of test rugby. ROG or Gatland ain't going save the day for them. I think they'll outdo themselves in Japan.

Ronan will get a front row seat on how NOT to manage and coach a national side at the RWC. All the mistakes in the book. Great eye opener for him.
To be honest it's hard to figure with ROG. I believe he wants a gig with IRFU but not with national team. He has based his family home in Paris for when he returns to Europe.
I think if an outside coach like Gatland got in there he could build a structure. Like French have players just no structure or patience to build a foundation.

Jack McGrath is a pity but sometimes players need a move. He's gone from a test Lion to struggling for a spot in his club's 23 in less than two years. Sometimes change is needed and that's fair enough.

Jack McGrath to Ulster seems very likely. I'd imagine they won't announce the move of a player to Ulster the week they play them so it will come next week. Really hope McGrath finds his form again up North.
Quins academy centre Hayden Hyde apparently signing for Ulster
Looks like he's played all of his underage for Ireland through the exiles programme. Can't say I've heard of him, but he's only a kid.

Jack McGrath to Ulster seems very likely. I'd imagine they won't announce the move of a player to Ulster the week they play them so it will come next week. Really hope McGrath finds his form again up North.

Looks like he's played all of his underage for Ireland through the exiles programme. Can't say I've heard of him, but he's only a kid.
Hyde is supposedly a big talent. A former backrow who converted to centre.

Interesting that Jack McGrath is moving to Ulster and seems to have been frozen out by Leinster. He's moving to help his international career seemingly but it could result in him seeing little game time with Leinster and thus missing out on the World Cup squad.

Latest posts