• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Anyone know the exact ruling of how many foreign based players you can field at one time? i belive it was 4? but those of European or Tier 2 nations aren't included? so for example how wasps would field Skudder (maybe ;) ), Savea (maybe?), Fekitoa, Allen, Soponga, Johnson, Carr, De Jongh, all at the same time?

Coventry All blacks with a blend of Saffer is looking signficant now haha
IIRC no more than 2 on the pitch.

The law of the land, means that players from the EU and Kolpak countries are counted as domestic. As it's a legal thing, it's also counted as "eligible for citizenship" rather than actually coming from - so for example, NZ/Aus/Arg aren't Kolpak countries; but plenty of them have a grandparent from the EU - which would make them eligible.

Anyone know the exact ruling of how many foreign based players you can field at one time? i belive it was 4? but those of European or Tier 2 nations aren't included? so for example how wasps would field Skudder (maybe ;) ), Savea (maybe?), Fekitoa, Allen, Soponga, Johnson, Carr, De Jongh, all at the same time?

Coventry All blacks with a blend of Saffer is looking signficant now haha

2 in a matchday squad. The EU and Kolpak countries (for rugby purposes mostly SA and the Pacific Islands) are exempt (a lot of NZ players have PI heritage though so are exempt anyway). Could presumably change in the UK post-Brexit.

Alex King > Ireland backs coach

I think we could do far better tbh.
Ireland would do well to nick a few Leinster coaches, from a selfish perspective I'd much rather they didn't though! (Especially Lancaster, who I think is much more suited to a club role anyway.)

Ireland would do well to nick a few Leinster coaches, from a selfish perspective I'd much rather they didn't though! (Especially Lancaster, who I think is much more suited to a club role anyway.)
I don't know, I like the idea of bringing in an outsider who'll hopefully have influence over the provincial coaches anyway.

I'd be thinking more along the lines of nicking Dave Rennie than Alex King though!

I don't know, I like the idea of bringing in an outsider who'll hopefully have influence over the provincial coaches anyway.

I'd be thinking more along the lines of nicking Dave Rennie than Alex King though!
Don't get me wrong, we should definitely be looking at bringing some fresh faces in, but they need to be good enough, which as you say Alex King probably isn't. No point getting fresh perspective in if said perspective isn't worth much.

Talk of Alex King becoming part of the coaching setup doesn't fill me with joy but the current coaching staff should have plenty of inside information on him.

He worked together with Joe Schmidt for a year while they were both at Clermont. Andy Farrell will have plenty of knowledge on him through the Wales players who took part in the last Lions circus. Joe Schmidt was Vern Cotter's assistant at Clermont, a role Alex King now fills with Montpellier and I'm sure he's been in contact with his former head coach asking about the Englishman.

Reports in France saying Manu has signed a 3 year deal with Tigers.

Personally not heard confirmation of that yet, but was hearing he was a lot closer to signing than he was pre 6 nations.

Reports in France saying Manu has signed a 3 year deal with Tigers.

Personally not heard confirmation of that yet, but was hearing he was a lot closer to signing than he was pre 6 nations.

Not sure that bench can take another 3 years...

Next have offered his Mrs a part-time job in the Next HQ Café for 5k a week

Maybe - RIL suggested there are a few Kiwis on the list which is surprising given there are none in the rumours to date.

Latest posts