• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Trading their captain/one of their best players/a real academy pathway star for a pudgy circus strongman looking squad-level player wouldn't be a bad deal?
Lol I mean if they're resigned to losing him anyway then it would be a very Warriors level replacement

An Exeter 7 isn't really a 7 though.
It is essentially the traditional 6 role.
Indeed. That's exactly why I said 'he'd be great in their 7 role'. Glad someone understood me :D

Lawday is a good player and is starting to have more of an impact in games, but he's a 2nd/3rd choice IMO, whereas Hill would be a nailed on starter.

Blaze It Pot Leaf GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Tigers and Sarries physio departments

It wouldn't surprise me,
He's played 13 times for us in three season - probably made over £100k per game averaged out

Not exactly cost effective, even if he is potentially the best lock in the world

Honestly I could see Evans getting a super rugby head coach gig sooner rather than later, maybe Crusaders after Robertson leaves

Iread this more as Quins not offering a new contract yet and coaches agents have leaked to press to put on pressure

Depends whether he wants to go back to NZ. He's pretty settled in London.

I could definitely see him involved with England at some point.

TJ Perenara > Leinster

Something me and a friend were loudly discussing needs to happen at the RDS this weekend. Possibly within earshot of Leo who'd push it through and/or Luke McGrath's parents who'd try to stop it.
Same friend is doing physio work with NZ this week and is going to talk to TJ about it. More a matter of when now.

Rumours that a Japanese club is going to buy Faf out of the final year of his contract,

Always thought he'd move from us to Japan (they worship him out there after the RWC) but hoped he'd see out his contract - guess the latest hip injury/srugery has given him a nudge to make his money while he still can

Rumours that a Japanese club is going to buy Faf out of the final year of his contract,

Always thought he'd move from us to Japan (they worship him out there after the RWC) but hoped he'd see out his contract - guess the latest hip injury/srugery has given him a nudge to make his money while he still can
Would be a big loss but Quirke looks class and for a 3rd of the price(no idea how much these guys both earn). Could be a positive in the long run.

Arnt Sale in talks with Ford?

Faf and AJ
Turns into
Quirke and Ford,

Wouldnt be the worst although im sure Liecester will fight to keep him as his value just surged with Smith overtaking him. International lvl 10 available all year round.

Would be a big loss but Quirke looks class and for a 3rd of the price(no idea how much these guys both earn). Could be a positive in the long run.

Faf and AJ
Turns into
Quirke and Ford,

Wouldnt be the worst although im sure Liecester will fight to keep him as his value just surged with Smith overtaking him. International lvl 10 available all year round.
I imagine Quirke is on less than 10% of what Faf's on atm (though that will change very quickly when he signs a senior contract as a full international) - salary cap rules say for a player to be considered academy they have to be on less than £50k, and the rumour sites say Faf is on £500k

Akker --> Ashman
Lood --> Kruis/Isiekwe
Faf --> Quirke
AJ --> Ford

and I'm a very happy bunny

Faf and AJ
Turns into
Quirke and Ford,

And despite it feeling like he's been around forever, Ford is still only 28. He's got plenty of top level rugby in him.

Latest posts