• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Get experience and cash, come back in a few years for a better contract and push for an England shirt then.
Possibly? I've never quite got the hype around Kpoku. He's never looked better than average to me and can't get in to the Saracens side ahead of the ancient Swinson, average Hunter-Hill or new signing McFarland.

Hopefully he proves me wrong and comes back a world-beater, but he could just as easily disappear from view entirely.

Possibly? I've never quite got the hype around Kpoku. He's never looked better than average to me and can't get in to the Saracens side ahead of the ancient Swinson, average Hunter-Hill or new signing McFarland.

Hopefully he proves me wrong and comes back a world-beater, but he could just as easily disappear from view entirely.
People latched onto and fell in love with the 126kg figure, even though he never used that mass particularly well and was never going to stay at that weight throughout his career. Now he's just a pretty bog standard 6'6, 114ish kilo lock.

Ross Byrne ---> French club

Peter Dooley ---> Harlequins

Could we the usual agent spoofing but could also see these two happening given their ages, quality and position in the pecking order. Remains to be seen if the reduction in rotation in the league will see some people leave.

Can't say I know anything about Dooley, but we definitely need more depth at loosehead.

Can't say I know anything about Dooley, but we definitely need more depth at loosehead.
Good squad player capable of a big game here and there.

Byrne should go. He's way down the pecking order and not capable of fitting in to how Ireland are playing. He'll do very well in France too.

Huge loss for Ster though

Would be a very decent player for a Premiership club I'd say. Don't think he'd struggle.

Agree that if Byrne has any ambitions of trying to make it as a top 10 he should go to France. He's rightly behind a log jam in Leinster, and I just don't think he will go anywhere but sideways. Having your younger brother breathing down your neck is probably also a weird position to be in.

Stressed Too Much GIF by NewQuest

Will be worth his weight in gold for sale

His family would double sale's ticket sales alone.

I don't get it, Tigers better position than Sale, He's a marquee player, Borthwick is a top coach, Tigers attendance is around 10k more a game most likely more than that, Sales rumored to lose a big chunk of their SA players who currently is the main bulk of squad so another rebuild

Is he really that big a daddy's boy?

It's not like Sale was even his boyhood club lol

Seems he wants to be close to family. Can't fault him for that, but career wise it certainly doesn't make sense.

Will be worth his weight in gold for sale

His family would double sale's ticket sales alone.

I don't get it, Tigers better position than Sale, He's a marquee player, Borthwick is a top coach, Tigers attendance is around 10k more a game most likely more than that, Sales rumored to lose a big chunk of their SA players who currently is the main bulk of squad so another rebuild

Is he really that big a daddy's boy?

It's not like Sale was even his boyhood club lol
Does seem a bit odd tbh.

Though if he's paid enough at Sale and near family then its a quality of life move. So many hunt a payday towards the end of their international career so its good to see him just thinking about whats best for him.

Not thinking of money or trophies or breaking back into the England camp...fair play to him.

Latest posts