• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

And we're not signing Rory Parata from Pirates by all accounts hes staying there...wonder who our two new ones are then.

Dont have a sniff of an idea.

And we're not signing Rory Parata from Pirates by all accounts hes staying there...wonder who our two new ones are then.

Dont have a sniff of an idea.
Surprising.... sounded like you had him all signed up.

Only rumour i have hear is Sintu Manjezi being linked to a midlands team (Wuss, Wasps, Saints, Tigers). Plays second row/back row

We were in for another second row but Lee has said he wants a starter more likely.... suppose it could be Dimes then....

We were in for another second row but Lee has said he wants a starter more likely.... suppose it could be Dimes then....
Launchbury will obviously play when fit/available and IMO, Stooke has done more than enough to be a regular starter. I'd probably take 'starter' fairly loosely.

If not, we'll happily take Stooke off your hands.

Launchbury will obviously play when fit/available and IMO, Stooke has done more than enough to be a regular starter. I'd probably take 'starter' fairly loosely.

If not, we'll happily take Stooke off your hands.

Also that Glasgow lock

haha yeah which is why i'd be surprised if it was us. Imagine Wuss will go for him.

More on the coaching front than transfers, but looks like Nick Easter is off to Worcester right enough...not sure in what capacity.

Surprising.... sounded like you had him all signed up.
There was a lot of doom and gloom aboard the good ship Pirate a couple of months or so ago when the possibility of moving to semi-pro was leaked to the media. I haven't heard any more about this rumour, but they are now announcing signings / re-signings, so maybe Parata's future in Penzance is more assured than he thought it was going to be.

Mow confirmed Dean moving aside and Dave Walder moves to DOR...

Mark Wilson to Defence coach.

Hhmmmmm jury is out.....

Hammersley and Beaumont to retire
Exeter Chiefs release Hardwick
Sintu Manjezi to Glasgow
Phipps and Gaskell in talks with Japan clubs
Racing want Eddie after the RWC

I thought Phipps was staying at Irish for another year?

Surprised on Hammersley's retirement too. Is he even in his thirties?

Hammersley only 29 - surprising to hear rumours of retirement, he's been linked to Ealing recently. Must have business/education going on off field that he wants to focus on

Massive shame about Beaumont, but not surprising. So much promise but so many injuries

Hammersley and Beaumont to retire
Exeter Chiefs release Hardwick
Sintu Manjezi to Glasgow
Phipps and Gaskell in talks with Japan clubs
Racing want Eddie after the RWC
So sounds like Manjezi could be Glasgow bound which would make sense with Wasps signing McDonald.
Gaskell would be a big loss for us and would put us one second row off in terms of depth but also experience.

Beaumont is such a shame, uber talented but injuries destroyed his career so far. Without those, surely would have been looking at a regular england spot 4-5 years ago

Leicester tigers set to sign Italian U20's open side David Odiase
Is he EQP?
If not: surprised that they'd sign a non-EQP player that's so young, considering the tightening of restrictions/salary cap consequences - I would've thought that non-EQP slots would be kept for first teamers and the squad players would all be EQP

Is he EQP?
If not: surprised that they'd sign a non-EQP player that's so young, considering the tightening of restrictions/salary cap consequences - I would've thought that non-EQP slots would be kept for first teamers and the squad players would all be EQP

He'll be on a development contract so shouldn't affect the cap.

So there is chatter that Christian Wade is back in the UK after being let go by the Buffalo Bills... and recently posted this tweet

Rumours flying of return to Wasps but also Tigers.... would he return? He's only 30 and is 13 tries behind Ashton. Mad to think he got there at 26 and left 4 years ago.

Latest posts