• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I was expecting to see him go to France or Japan if he returned to Rugby - he's had a taste of NFL money (even practise squad is a wedge), no one's going to have a ton of spare cash atm with the salary cap reduction/it being late in the day for recruiting

Would be interesting to see him back in the game - his weaknesses before (defence/high-ball) will be weaker now, but his speed and agility should be as good/better than before (NFL S&C vs ageing 4 years) and his strength/power will be up

TBF there's space for him at Wasps, they've solid back three players but no one particularly game breaking atm bar Minozzi (if Odogwu's future is at centre)

I could see Bath taking a punt if Watson goes to Tigers - they're not afraid to give opportunities to 7s players, so him being out of the game for a while won't scare them, and it could be a good opportunity to (potentially) be part of a resurgence

I feel like the game has changed so much in the last four years though. The out and out pace winger seems nowhere near as valuable as a winger who can contest balls in the air or have incredible ball skill.

I was expecting to see him go to France or Japan if he returned to Rugby - he's had a taste of NFL money (even practise squad is a wedge), no one's going to have a ton of spare cash atm with the salary cap reduction/it being late in the day for recruiting

Would be interesting to see him back in the game - his weaknesses before (defence/high-ball) will be weaker now, but his speed and agility should be as good/better than before (NFL S&C vs ageing 4 years) and his strength/power will be up

TBF there's space for him at Wasps, they've solid back three players but no one particularly game breaking atm bar Minozzi (if Odogwu's future is at centre)

I could see Bath taking a punt if Watson goes to Tigers - they're not afraid to give opportunities to 7s players, so him being out of the game for a while won't scare them, and it could be a good opportunity to (potentially) be part of a resurgence
Yeah he's 100% a luxury player but maybe on a cheap deal. I'd back him to chase Ashton down if he came back. Crazy to think if he had kept up his trying scoring over the 4 years that he's been away (lets say 10-15 tries a season so 12), he would be on 130 tries in the Prem potentially...

do realise it's all speculation but the rate he was going at when he left, he would have been out of sight. Especially when you think 12 might be a minimal amount and he achieved 15+ pretty regularly so could have been aywhere from 40-60 tries in 4 seasons, with another 2-3 years in him to boost that.

I feel like the game has changed so much in the last four years though. The out and out pace winger seems nowhere near as valuable as a winger who can contest balls in the air or have incredible ball skill.
I wouldn't said Wade was/is an 'out and out pace winger' though. I'd argue it was more the combination of footwork and acceleration as well as straight line pace. Given the nature of NFL training it's possible he's even enhanced those attributes.

4 years is a long time, but I think a good, recent comparison is Radwan who has a broadly similar type of game. Radwan is better defensively, but IMO not as good going forward as Wade was at his peak (and certainly not as prolific). It's a gamble for anyone thinking of signing him, but the risk/reward pay off would be pretty high I think.

"Connacht have now also confirmed that centurion back row Eoghan Masterson and powerful centre Peter Robb are among the other players departing.

The tighthead prop pair of Dominic Robertson-McCoy and Greg McGrath are also set to exit at the end of this season, along with Australian wing Ben O'Donnell, hooker Jonny Murphy, and wing Peter Sullivan"

Posting this here as I'd say a good rake of these lads will end up in England or France. Masterson and Robb can probably play lower half prem/Top 14. I think Masterson may be linked with one of the Scot sides. O'Donnell is a reasonably good player too, but may just go home to Oz. Rest will go Championship/Pro D2 I'd say.

Sale just retweeted, then deleted, Bath's post about Roko leaving - accident or jumping the gun on an announcement?

Hopefully the former: Always been a big fan but his best days are behind him and he's 35 during the off season
If we're signing another back 3 player it should be someone who's pushing for starting fullback, not someone winding down who will block youth coming through

Sale just retweeted, then deleted, Bath's post about Roko leaving - accident or jumping the gun on an announcement?

Hopefully the former: Always been a big fan but his best days are behind him and he's 35 during the off season
If we're signing another back 3 player it should be someone who's pushing for starting fullback, not someone winding down who will block youth coming through

Knowing how crap Sale social media team is they prob just forgot they were on the companies account lol

Ollie Fox moving to Ealing from Bath as well.

Also confirmed that they'll be spending more on players than Falcons for next season
They signed Montgommery and Farrar from us havent they? Certainly been linked with them both

Plus they might be spending more money on dross...i still prefer our squad to theirs..

I thought I read on BBC yesterday that he's leaving.

Latest posts