• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Unless Wasps keep enough of a squad together to bounce right back up, I'm not sure that is a good idea for him.
Agreed, it would really depend on where Wasps are at next year. More than a few Saints fans on forums not seeing the point if it's a short term deal given he'll be away with England and not actually play that many games this season. Saints might be hoping he decides to stay.

If true, i'd love it. I think it will become a big emotional decision for a lot of the squad. It really wouldn't surprise me if we stayed in Cov and a lot of the lads tried to stay, especially those with families. Bassett said he's living out a suitcase and his kids and wife live near the ground.

312864919_10158376998876266_4276288351912558639_n.jpg

Sounds like we've got a couple of players coming in - with one this week,

Rumours that one is Ryan Mills - odd one considering injury history, but I've always really rated him when fit

Tom O'Flaherty broke his jaw last week and Si MacIntyre is out injured now too so wonder if maybe we'll be bringing in a loosehead (especially as Bevan is in/out of the England squad) and a winger

Same thoughts re. Ryan Mills. Very good player when he's available.

Big IF... he's so rarely fit sadly. Just as he became fit we went bust but never saw him sadly. He played very well in the semi final vs leicester a few years ago which led to injury record.

Bath and Sarries fighting over Barbeary after he finishes the rest of season with Toulouse.

IMO Barbeary is prob the riskiest of wasps signings, he's got a massive reputation so doubt his deal will be that small especially since he's waiting this season out in france but he doesn't half have a massive injury list already and with his frame and playing style it's going to be hard seeing him staying fit often

Bath pure loving this situation, hoovering up as many lads as they can

Hill, Underhill, Barbary would be a nutty backrow, good luck keeping them fit though (though that's very on brand for Bath tbf)

Last edited:
TBH T Willis over Barbeary if im Bath. Could see Saints taking Willis if Augustus leaves. Lawes/Coles, Ludlham and T Willis would be a serious backrow.

TBH T Willis over Barbeary if im Bath. Could see Saints taking Willis if Augustus leaves. Lawes/Coles, Ludlham and T Willis would be a serious backrow.
That's the general consensus on the Bath forum too.
TWillis just better value for money.

Of course, he may simply not be interested in joining Bath, especially if he's tempted by an Ireland call up

Still … not a lot of time for Tom Willis to force his way in to he Ireland set-up pre World Cup.

He and Jack have often spoken about how much they love to play together, so it would be a bizarre scenario if they not only end up representing different clubs but countries too. If I were him, I'd wait until Eddie is gone and back myself to get in to the England mix under the next regime.

Shame to see players leaving Irish but he's some signing for whoever does pick him up

Telegraph and Midi Olympique reporting Joe Marchant will leave Quins to move to Stade Francis next season.

Telegraph and Midi Olympique reporting Joe Marchant will leave Quins to move to Stade Francis next season.
If true i wonder if it is why he isnt being picked for England, or if He's going because he isnt being picked?. Either way its a loss

Given that he'll be leaving at the same time as Eddie, I doubt that it's either.

If you're leaving because the current coach doesn't like you, you look to return when they leave, like Mercer, not go when they go.

Latest posts