• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

So you don't think it seems in any way hinky that they can bankroll a squad full of internationals and still have space to sign up to 5 players from the Worcester/Wasps fallout?

Their second XV might not be better than others, but their matchday 23 definitely is.

Their accountants truly are wizards.

So you don't think it seems in any way hinky that they can bankroll a squad full of internationals and still have space to sign up to 5 players from the Worcester/Wasps fallout?
Is this Bath or Saracens we're on about?
I think Saracens have only picked up two players, both in as injury cover

I think all of Bath's for this season are easily explained as injury cover (i.e. Hill in for Underhill, Searle in for Bailey/Francis, Shilcock in for Muir etc.) and they've got two players staying long term afterwards which isn't really worth worrying about atm until we get to the summer and see how their squad rebalances

Saracens lost Koch that in itself would prob find basically Tizard, Bello and Judge

Next season they have already lost Malins

So far Sarries only signed Kitchener and Howe both are not what I would call big wage players even at worcester they are both prob on the lower end.

Is this Bath or Saracens we're on about?
I think Saracens have only picked up two players, both in as injury cover

I think all of Bath's for this season are easily explained as injury cover (i.e. Hill in for Underhill, Searle in for Bailey/Francis, Shilcock in for Muir etc.) and they've got two players staying long term afterwards which isn't really worth worrying about atm until we get to the summer and see how their squad rebalances
Saracens.

They've picked up 2 from Worcester and apparently have 3 TBC from Wasps.

I suppose they are maybe using injury dispensation for Isiekwe and George?

Yeah i'm pretty sure their injury list ain't great, had a quick look on the Sarries fan forum and they're saying their current injury list is:
  1. Adams Hale
  2. Isiekwe
  3. Taylor
  4. George
  5. Woolstencroft
  6. Wainwright
  7. Davies
  8. Morris
  9. Segun
  10. Mawi
  11. Maitland
  12. Harris
  13. Manu Vunipola
Only injuries over 12 weeks can be replaced outside the cap, but a handful of those must be just by laws of averages-of-rugby-injuries

Yeah i'm pretty sure their injury list ain't great, had a quick look on the Sarries fan forum and they're saying their current injury list is:
  1. Adams Hale
  2. Isiekwe
  3. Taylor
  4. George
  5. Woolstencroft
  6. Wainwright
  7. Davies
  8. Morris
  9. Segun
  10. Mawi
  11. Maitland
  12. Harris
  13. Manu Vunipola
Only injuries over 12 weeks can be replaced outside the cap, but a handful of those must be just by laws of averages-of-rugby-injuries
1 injury per position, and not all positions, leaves me feeling rather jealous.
And those... really aren't in their position numbers - oops

So I was looking at their squad... its not as stacked as we would think.

Farrell, Itoje, George, Daly, Vunipola x 2 and Earl will be on big cash I reckon but one of those can probably be exempt? So, Farrell or Itoje surely.

Then on medium it would be Malins (he's off), Goode (getting to end of career/large contract), Tompkins, Bello, Tizard, Riccionni, Wray, Taylor, Van Zyl, Lozowski, Isiekwe, Lewington

However, the likes of McFarland, Davies, De Haas, Pifeleti, Wainwright, Mawi, Christie are internationals but unlikely to be on anything mad (McFarland will be in group above when renews)

I'd argue a lot of their squad are on cheaper contracts, but they just get the maximum out of every player they have. I mean Woolstencroft is a prime example, from what i remember at Wasps and even Irish he wasn't great, but at Sarries he's unbelievable for them, same with when they had Swinson. They just have maximised value.

They do have a lot though i will admit.

So apparently the situation is as so.
Toulon has West but they want to be good. So much credit to ROG for what he did last year.
They have been using their scrum halves at fly half but want an actual solution.
Elton fell apart cause of personal reasons.
Biggar is their next target with one French outlet claiming it is signed.

Updated rumours from Fissler (Lol)
Saints to sign Jack Willis
Barbeary in talks with Sarries and Toulouse
Loader in deep talks with Tigers
Parton to Sarries

Would be over the moon if Tigers sign Loader
Would be very nervous if Sarries sign Barbeary and Parton
Would be very happy if saints spend more cap on the back row and not say signing Tom West

Last edited:
Updated rumours from Fissler (Lol)
Saints to sign Jack Willis
Barbeary in talks with Sarries and Toulouse
Loader in deep talks with Tigers
Parton to Sarries

Would be over the moon if Tigers sign Loader
Would be very nervous if Sarries sign Barbeary and Parton
Would be very happy if saints spend more cap on the back row and not say signing Tom West
That would be a very saints thing to do unfortunately.

That would be a very saints thing to do unfortunately.
I could see Saints going, well we have cut costs on Biggar to Smith for now. Take a WHW potentially too to cover 10/15 for Smith and Furbank.

Also, will be interesting to see what Wasps do if we can get up and running soon and who we could keep.

Now realistically, players such as T Willis, J Willis, Barbeary, Launchbury, Atkinson, Odogwu etc. will all be off. But a few others? Maybe.... just maybe we can lure them back. Really depends on what our funding looks like and where we go.

London - Back towards a large proportion of our fanbase but no stadiums (we would need to own) really available plus no training facilities.

Coventry - hopefully use Henley facilities but we again are lacking a stadium, although if CBSA doesn't go under, I'd imagine we rent but still need to buy a stadium.

In terms of players, I'd like to build around a few of the older lads and maybe a lot of youngsters. If we can keep players like Maasi-White, Fislau, Hardwick, Hartley, Bacon, Kuecka and a few others plus maybe Cardall, Cruse etc then we would be in good stead. Our academy has some real talent and if we stay in Henley, the facilities will be awesome.

More rumour concepts.

Tom West's gf is looking to rent a room in London. Could mean he is as well with her, suggests maybe a Quins/Sarries/Irish trip?
Then Jacob's gf is selling her houseplants, trip abroad?

Also these rumours aren't mine but conceptualized by Wasps Forum,

Jack Willis to Saints till end of season then joining Wasps in the championship. According to the rugby paper \ ruck etc........interesting if true. Saints should have the money if Biggar has gone.

I think it's already his final year
Tbh I can see him on a one year and then retiring, or just binning it at the end of this year.

I'm not sure what it is, but something about him screams a man that's not in a good place at the minute again - I may be way off the mark, but that's my instict. I hope I'm wrong on that tho

Jack Willis to Saints till end of season then joining Wasps in the championship. According to the rugby paper \ ruck etc........interesting if true. Saints should have the money if Biggar has gone.
Unless Wasps keep enough of a squad together to bounce right back up, I'm not sure that is a good idea for him.

Latest posts