• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Gareth Delve is going to Toulon? Shame for the regions, but maybe he can impress Wales and get back in the national setup.

Huia Edmonds to Glos confirmed. Anyone know much about him/seen him play regularly? Good replacement for Scott Lawson?

Huia Edmonds to Glos confirmed. Anyone know much about him/seen him play regularly? Good replacement for Scott Lawson?

I remember he came on for Australia against Wales once, as soon as he came on the Australian scrum got absolutely mashed

okay around the park, but not the strongest in the tight areas of the game

I hear he is off. Cardiff was mentioned to me, but it would make no sense with Down, Cook, Hill, and Screech all options.

He is a great player. Perhaps not the strongest in the scrum but when he is around a strong scrum unit he can really shine. Awesome with ball in hand as well.

He is a great player. Perhaps not the strongest in the scrum but when he is around a strong scrum unit he can really shine. Awesome with ball in hand as well.

hardly a great player, he is really poor at scrums and lineout throwing, good in the loose but struggles heavily at other areas, England also doesn't suit his type of hooker, he's too loose

also since making his Super Rugby debut in 2002, he has only ever started 8 matches, with three teams Waratahs, Stormers, Brumbies he's only started 8 matches and he's 30 years old as well, great players aren't bench warmers for most of their career, he only ever got Wallaby caps because they had an injury crisis at the time

I wonder if OToole will get picked up by another first tier club his year with Ospreys hasnt been something I would label a success not that he was ever really given a chance.

I wonder if OToole will get picked up by another first tier club his year with Ospreys hasnt been something I would label a success not that he was ever really given a chance.
He has not even shone with the Ravens in the Welsh prem. It would probably be in both parties best interest to part ways.

It's a shame, cos he looked phenomenal in the Churchill Cup last summer.

Yah I didnt think it ws a good move going to the Ospreys in the first place, to me it was clear from the beginning he was not going to see the field much.

yah but its a step up playing week in and week out... too me Sinclair and Kleeberger are better players... I hope the Irish keep Jebb he was playing well for them until he got hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard rumours that Chauncey O'Toole was going to be released by Ospreys, he is back in Canada at the moment for a couple of weeks. Perhaps an RFU championship club would be a better route for next season. Oddly enough of all the Canadian players overseas every single one of them except for O'Toole(and Van De Merwe through injury) have been playing well to excellent whereas the hype and excitement for the most part seemed to centre around Chauncey.

Matt Evans last year did not have a good year in Wales both at the Magners League or premiership level, but this year got an oppourtunity at Cornish Pirates and has done well, maybe O'Toole can find similar success at a Championship level team.

Last edited:
I have heard rumours that Chauncey O'Toole was going to be released by Ospreys, he is back in Canada at the moment for a couple of weeks. Perhaps an RFU championship club would be a better route for next season. Oddly enough of all the Canadian players overseas every single one of them except for O'Toole(and Van De Merwe through injury) have been playing well to excellent whereas the hype and excitement for the most part seemed to certain around Chauncey.

Matt Evans last year did not have a good year in Wales both at the Magners League or premiership level, but this year got an oppourtunity at Cornish Pirates and has done well, maybe O'Toole can find similar success at a Championship level team.

you say that, but hardly any Canadian Championship players have got a chance at a top league side

for example McKenzie and Kleeberger look like they deserves a move to a Premiership side, or Top 14 side, but I haven't heard anything about him getting a higher level contract

I can't think of any Canadians who have been signed for a bigger team from the Championship, if they sign for one of those teams they tend to get stuck there

it's probably better to try their luck at a higher level and then if it doesn't work out go down to Championship, because otherwise they would never get a chance to test themselves

you say that, but hardly any Canadian Championship players have got a chance at a top league side

for example McKenzie and Kleeberger look like they deserves a move to a Premiership side, or Top 14 side, but I haven't heard anything about him getting a higher level contract

I can't think of any Canadians who have been signed for a bigger team from the Championship, if they sign for one of those teams they tend to get stuck there

it's probably better to try their luck at a higher level and then if it doesn't work out go down to Championship, because otherwise they would never get a chance to test themselves

Not really my point since Chauncey has had two shots at a top tier league now, I was merely stating that for Chauncey this is probably the better route for now. I can't think of a top tier club that would give him a chance next season since he hasn't had success at either Glasgow(admittedly not much oppourtunity at the Warriors) or Ospreys(and their feeder clubs). Playing for an RFU championship or even a D2 club in France would at least get him some consistent game time.

I do agree with you that it's shocking that Phil Mackenzie hasn't had a shot at a better club than Esher, I had heard Wasps was tracking him but that was some time ago. Kleeberger was injured for some time after the RWC so maybe after this season with Scottish some bigger clubs will take a look at him.

Latest posts