• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Argus is hinting at an Alex Cuthbert-Northampton link.
Strained and ill-founded is all I can say.

Still, Mite has to be pleased over Greig Tonks.

can anybody tell me whether there is truth to this article?

somebody claiming to have an inisde source says Roberts, Halfpenny could leave the Blues early and Ian Evans released by the Ospreys

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/main/s170/st175731.htm

Both under contract till next season. Quashed by Brunnell today.

Argus is hinting at an Alex Cuthbert-Northampton link.
Strained and ill-founded is all I can say.

Still, Mite has to be pleased over Greig Tonks.

A rumour that sprung up because Brunnell forgot to mention his name in an interview he gave earlier on today / yesterday.

Last edited:
A rumour that sprung up because Brunnell forgot to mention his name in an interview he gather earlier on today / yesterday.
Yeah, I really didn't think it held any substance.
Tom James could be out of it for a bit, so they'll need to hold on to Cuthbert.

Rather odd considering all the young second rows that Cardiff Blues have.
I'll take them at Rodney, though.

Warren Fury to Blues is a rumour as well. Richie Rees is off so they really have no option outside of Lloyd.

Warren Fury to Blues is a rumour as well. Richie Rees is off so they really have no option outside of Lloyd.

Ah dunno, Lewis Jones looks a good prospect and Rhys Downes is not bad. Fury will not be a bad option. Rees is apparently a target for Perp.

Draggs why do you think the Blues have some amazing academy players coming through?

haven't you seen their LV Cup results where they played most of those players you talk about?

Gloucester 40-3 Cardiff Blues
Scarlets 30-3 Cardiff Blues
Newcastle 33-3 Cardiff Blues

The Blues are rumoured to be releasing ***o and Deiniol. That'll leave them with Brad and Down as first choice. The other locks in the squad lack experience and size.
If they want to compete next year at all then this is a good signing.

As Psychic says these academy prospects haven't faired to well yet with the big boys. Another year of development will be better for all

Speculation continues to mount as to whether Brad Thorn will actually be coming to Leinster. Joe Schmidt said a few weeks ago that we'd be seeing him after the 5th of march, but apparently there have been a few hitches on the Japanese end of things and the Leinster branch have been very quiet on the whole thing recently. No doubt we'll know the story within the next week.

what on earth is going on in wales i only follow the regions scores but something seems wrong

so many players jumping ship. or is there an awesome youth set up to fill these exile's places?

what on earth is going on in wales i only follow the regions scores but something seems wrong

so many players jumping ship. or is there an awesome youth set up to fill these exile's places?

Simply no money, no support. They offered Gethin Jenkins 60% of what his salary was!
To be honest the youth coming through the Blues or the Ospreys aren't that good. It'll be a tough few years ahead for them

whilst not ideal,not to worried about older players like Gethin going.he's got a few years left to line his pockets.hopefully they use acadamy players too fill the void.and not players from the antipodes.granted we may not see a welsh region lift the heineken cup for a long time.

Simply no money, no support. They offered Gethin Jenkins 60% of what his salary was!
To be honest the youth coming through the Blues or the Ospreys aren't that good. It'll be a tough few years ahead for them

They did not offer Jenkins 60%, utter tosh.

He was offered his current salary but not be paid during Welsh duty. The Blues could not pay Jenkins what Toulon are offering, there is apparently Toulon offered him 60% more than his current contract.

Latest posts