• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Kleeberger was on Total Rugby and kind of suggested bigger clubs are looking at him.

I hear he is off. Cardiff was mentioned to me, but it would make no sense with Down, Cook, Hill, and Screech all options.

I think it would make sense. ***o's hopefuly gone next year. Cook, Hill and Screech aren't ready for regional rugby in my eyes. Down, Davies and Paterson are the only decent locks in the squad and i think Lou Reed would be a great signing for them.

I think it would make sense. ***o's hopefuly gone next year. Cook, Hill and Screech aren't ready for regional rugby in my eyes. Down, Davies and Paterson are the only decent locks in the squad and i think Lou Reed would be a great signing for them.

I don't see any reason why Cook, Hill and Screech aren't ready for regional rugby. Cook in particular should be being integrated into the Blues matchday squad. I don't think Lou Reed is a particularily great second-row, and all of those youngsters mentioned have more potential then him. ***o isn't going to last for much longer, so these youngsters need to be integrated now.

Hill's only 6'4, i can't see him going far as a second row. Schreech is 19, he needs a couple years or more to develop physically.
So that leaves Cook who i think is quite good but he needs to put on a bit of weight in my opinion and he isn't ready to be playing the H cup. So if ***o and Deiniol leave next year that leaves the Blues with Davies, Down, Paterson (who's more of a 6) and Cook as front line locks. Although Reed may not have impressed you, he seems to be a good player in Gatland's eyes and i think he would be a good signing for the Blues.

Hill's only 6'4, i can't see him going far as a second row. Schreech is 19, he needs a couple years or more to develop physically.
So that leaves Cook who i think is quite good but he needs to put on a bit of weight in my opinion and he isn't ready to be playing the H cup. So if ***o and Deiniol leave next year that leaves the Blues with Davies, Down, Paterson (who's more of a 6) and Cook as front line locks. Although Reed may not have impressed you, he seems to be a good player in Gatland's eyes and i think he would be a good signing for the Blues.

Hill has looked impressive when he's had the chance as has Cook and Down before his injury.

I wonder if Hill will end up like James King, U20's second row who will be shifted to 6 due to height.
Regardless, he has put in some good performances lately.

Daniel Evans, Scarlets -> Dragons
Seems to be behind Williams and Newton right now, and probably Stoddart and Ford once they return.
If he can recapture his form of 2009/10 than it would be a great signing. We'll take Prydie as well, if we are collecting disused Welsh back three players.
Also, I'll take one of Down, Screech, Cook, Hill off the Blues if they want it.

Poaching Dragons ;)

Daniel Evans, Scarlets -> Dragons
Seems to be behind Williams and Newton right now, and probably Stoddart and Ford once they return.
If he can recapture his form of 2009/10 than it would be a great signing. We'll take Prydie as well, if we are collecting disused Welsh back three players.
Also, I'll take one of Down, Screech, Cook, Hill off the Blues if they want it.

Poaching Dragons ;)

That'd be a good signing for the Dragons. He'll be behind Martyn Thomas, but will be a great backup.

That'd be a good signing for the Dragons. He'll be behind Martyn Thomas, but will be a great backup.

Thomas could be on his way out though, so Evans would probably be first choice unless they put Harries at full back

Exciting full-back Martyn Thomas could also be on his way out of the exit door at Dragons' Rodney Parade lair in Newport.English giants and former European champions Leicester Tigers are understood to be smitten on the 24-year-old, who has twice battled back from serious leg injuries.

from the Western Mail

1995 - professional rugby

How many top second row are 6'4? not very many
Don't get me wrong he'll probably make a good regional player but not an international

Last edited:
Dan Parks to Connaght for 2 years

Connacht hope to confirm the signing of Scottish outhalf Dan Parks this week.

Parks, who played for Cardiff in their defeat to Munster in the Pro12 on Friday night, wrapped up his 67-cap international career with Scotland having started the Six Nations for them this month, and is understood to be close to signing a two-year deal.

On top of the recruitment of tighthead Nathan White from Leinster, securing Parks would be a huge boost to Connacht in picking up points that have slipped away in tight games this season.

Parks will 34 in May, and while his international career was attended by much criticism over his running game, or lack thereof, he is a proven match-winner, contributing 266 points at Test level, including the touchline kick that robbed Ireland of a Triple Crown in Croke Park two seasons ago

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/connacht-line-up-parks-deal-3031913.html

1995 - professional rugby

How many top second row are 6'4? not very many
Don't get me wrong he'll probably make a good regional player but not an international
6'5" is about the smallest you will see an international second row.
I am not going to dismiss him just because of his height, though. If the boy can play, that's good enough for me.
I wish a bit more came of Dan Partridge, huge lad.

Brad Thorn is 6'4" I'm pretty sure but he's an exception.

Last edited:

Latest posts