• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

@munstermuffin do you know of any big name that the IRFU are struggling to keep hold off or are happy to let go?
Plenty they are relaxed on. Can only comment on Munster lads and Peter and Earls are well more likely to be in France or on Munster deals if negotiations are to be believed. Earls I think would be happy with just Munster deal for 1 or 2 years and then retire.

I would have said the same and always seemed very settled in Ireland in interviews. Good to hear it's just being used for leverage. Seems to be the standard these days
CJ well settled. Has lovely housebought and life outside rugby too

rugby Paper rumours
Tigers sign Marco Van Staden
Quins have Dean Ryan on their watchlist
Bristol trying to find a way of keeping Malins and Earl
Santiago Socino joins Gloucester
Natal sharks fail to lure JP and Dan Du Preez from Sale Sharks

rugby Paper rumours

Natal sharks fail to lure JP and Dan Du Preez from Sale Sharks
Article is paywalled.

Does anyone know how long they have left on their contracts? Natal Sharks board has specifically stated we will not look to buy players out of their contracts with the new investments. They will only sign players who is out of contract. with that said I'm expecting the Sharks to lure back some of its world class talent, so the du Preez twins will and should be a target. Esterhuizen rumours are picking up pace in the media, but that will only be if he decides to terminate his contract. Maybe Harlequins puts up a legal fight and its off for now.

Article is paywalled.

Does anyone know how long they have left on their contracts? Natal Sharks board has specifically stated we will not look to buy players out of their contracts with the new investments. They will only sign players who is out of contract. with that said I'm expecting the Sharks to lure back some of its world class talent, so the du Preez twins will and should be a target. Esterhuizen rumours are picking up pace in the media, but that will only be if he decides to terminate his contract. Maybe Harlequins puts up a legal fight and its off for now.
No reason I see for Quins to let him go. We look soooo much better with him on th pitch and he's definitely under contract so Sharks would have to pay a LOT of money to get him out of it

Does anyone know how long they have left on their contracts?
End of 2022
I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to an SA franchise then, if they're not in the Springboks at that point (to be more in selectors eyes) but I'm not sure they'd go to the Sharks - they cleared out pretty sharpish after their Dad was sacked, looks like there's bad blood there

Have heard Sanderson is looking to bring in Nick Isiekwe and offload Lood de Jager (or maybe his contract was 2 + 1 and we're not activating the + 1?)

Let's be real with rugby if a player wants out the payment will be minimal.
Nothing to say he wants out.

Just that the idea of paying a lot of money isn't ever really the case in rugby.
Teams can't really afford a player who doesn't want to be at a club etc

End of 2022
I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to an SA franchise then, if they're not in the Springboks at that point (to be more in selectors eyes) but I'm not sure they'd go to the Sharks - they cleared out pretty sharpish after their Dad was sacked, looks like there's bad blood there

Have heard Sanderson is looking to bring in Nick Isiekwe and offload Lood de Jager (or maybe his contract was 2 + 1 and we're not activating the + 1?)
Makes a lot of sense... De Jager is a lot of money for very little return atm.

Looks like Logo Mulipola is off to a French Division 2 side next season.

This feels like a Montpellier or Brive signing. But saying that...... maybe a rogue English club might try him out... maybe if Yarde doesn't extend at Sale?

Doubt we'd be in for Thomas, seems like more of a Bristol signing

Would also be surprised if we didn't re-sign Yarde tbh,
He seems very happy here(/his Mrs is from round here and they just had a baby), he gets on well with the coaches/staff and always starts when fit

Latest posts