• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Excited by the possibility of Amanaki Mafi, intrigued by Fischetti and meh about Freddie Burns

You know none of those are actual rumours if you read the article right?
Key being.

"Warriors fans took to social media to have their say on Worcester's recruitment.
What was noticeable was that some think scrum half is not where the money should be spent so we have looked at three signings Warriors could make in key positions."

Don't get me wrong might happen, just reading the article and how it worded.

I'm maybe a bit late off the mark here but I can't see Zebo getting all that many caps if he comes back (ignoring if he should, which I personally would be very against). Keenan would keep him out of the 15 shirt and we've got loads of decent wingers anyway. He'd probably get in the squad and pick up a few but I can't see him establishing himself as a starter or anything.
Keenan would need to cement 15 shirt at Leinster. But regardless of opinions on Zebo. Fact is if Ireland are looking for long term eg 24months ahead then Zebo shouldn't be capped. At international level and his style that is the max shelf life and that is presuming he keeps top for. If it were on form and for 1 game tomorrow he is easily outperforming all alternatives but it different styles and levels we comparing.
From Munster pov for Pro14 and European Cup I think Mike Haley is much better suited to us as 15 and I hope we can convince him to stay. (Not looking too good)

Think he got in a fight with their head doctor over at Bath
That was it. Just had a look and apparently on a seperate occasion while on a night out he punched Marika Koroibeye (his teammate at the time) which was dealt with behind closed doors. So at least 3 separate incidents of him fighting teammates or staff.

The assault charge is the main one but there have been other altercations in the past. Can't really remember the details of why he left Bath but it wasn't on good terms.
He removed other people's names from the physio list to insert himself. Rumours suggest he got physical when confronted.

Isileli Tu'ungafasi - Leinster rumored in the Indo. They apparently also went after Cedate Gomes Sa. Only fair they sign a depth TH to be fair, they lose two every international window and were plundered for Salanoa and Aungier.

Devin Toner, Scott Fardy & Michael Bent apparently may be (probably) moving on too.

Isileli Tu'ungafasi - Leinster rumored in the Indo. They apparently also went after Cedate Gomes Sa. Only fair they sign a depth TH to be fair, they lose two every international window and were plundered for Salanoa and Aungier.

Devin Toner, Scott Fardy & Michael Bent apparently may be (probably) moving on too.
Isn't he a LH prop or am I wrong.

Dev is retiring I believe. Fardy never had shot of being retained again. I believe he'd nearly stay for free but IRFU say no. Bent I would guess is retiring too.

Makes sense, we need a top quality loosehead and are unlikely to have one until Milne or Boyle fully develop.

Would imagine at least Toner and Bent are retiring. Toner doesn't really look up to it anymore. All great servants to Leinster.

Took my cue from him being a TH from the headline: 'Crusader Isileli Tu'ungafasi tops list as Leinster go in search of an overseas tighthead prop'. Pretty poor journalism from Rúaidhrí O'Connor who goes on to speculate this signing would let Porter shift back to LH.

That is it the report made it out as if he was signing as a TH and basically a 3rd choice TH and they can shift Porter to LH when necessary.
I think Porter should be left as a TH going forward and play this lad if he comes with Healy for next 12 months.

Big Dev will be a loss but has done his time and as @big ginger 8 has said just seems to be not up for it anymore. And nothing wrong there.
Just like Billy Holland and a few just wish they could get a proper goodbye when the time comes.
Even Bent. Was never a top player but made a career here for himself and was a great squad option

Bent was a warrior. Couldn't have had a worse introduction to Irish rugby being thrown in at a level he was never capable of and was vilified for Kidney's error. Did exactly what Ster signed him for and more, playing both sides of the scrum.

Dev and Fardy have started to look their age lately, both will be remembered extremely fondly by fans, pivotal to a lot of success in the post Schmidt era.

You people have confused me, he plays both sides but pretty sure he's been a TH mostly in recent times.

Is a weird movie to be looking at names like Tu'ungafasi or Gomes SA to be third choice and block Clarkson's development. Would make it seem Porter is being looked at as a LH if either happen.

Latest posts