• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Moroni is a very good 13 and an OK winger. Radwan would be a great addition IMO.

Yeah Porter has been the guy covering wing from centre. Steward has played a bit there too.

I could see Murimurivalu sticking around though. He's been value, and seems fitter than Nadolo

Jason Jenkins --> Leinster

I for one have never doubted his quality.
Wow after all the gripes Leinster fans had on us signing him and how they'd never fo near him as he's just "a journeyman Saffa on the road".
And he would be getting more money too

Rugbypass now saying there is an offer on the table from Connacht and that Exeter are also trying to sign Charlie Ryan.

Possible it's all the same source saying it's a 6'8" oft injured young lock and everyone's jumping to conclusions. Either way would be nice if Exeter would kindly **** off.
Naa we we'll just take them both, yeah?

I wonder what happens to Burns next season if we're bringing in two fly halves to play ahead of him

Maybe the Gopperth thing is for a player/coach role, going part time for his minutes, or perhaps Burns wants to switch full time to 15. If neither he might be off again

Maybe the Gopperth thing is for a player/coach role, going part time for his minutes, or perhaps Burns wants to switch full time to 15. If neither he might be off again
I think Burns said he wants to play 10, not 15, but imagine he'll flit between the two more - especially as Steward likely a starter for England going forward so will have mandatory rest (and presumably injury) to deal with

As you said: Imagine Gopperth would be in a similar role to Wigglesworth, but also able to cover 12 as well
Plus Pollard will be missing for internationals (and as I have learned: have Springboks in your side means they're missing more than they play)

I think Burns said he wants to play 10, not 15, but imagine he'll flit between the two more - especially as Steward likely a starter for England going forward so will have mandatory rest (and presumably injury) to deal with

As you said: Imagine Gopperth would be in a similar role to Wigglesworth, but also able to cover 12 as well
Plus Pollard will be missing for internationals (and as I have learned: have Springboks in your side means they're missing more than they play)
It also starts to make sense from a Wasps perspective. We will have Umaga and Atkinson playing 10 with Miller/Mills covering 10 if required. Mills, Le Booj, Odogwu, Spink, Simonds and Mathews will cover centre plus whoever we sign to replace Fekitoa.

Gopps will get to keep his coaching role and will play too.

Yeh from what I gather Gopperth is going to work with Lancaster and Kelly in terms of distribution etc as well as backs play should it happen.

Hegarty seems the nailed on Steward back up

Tom O'Flaherty --> Sale

To replace Solomona (and presumably [Redacted]) - Dunno how I feel about it. I like O'Flaherty and he's a good prem standard winger, but our back 3 options are pretty naff so I'd hoped if we recruited there it'd either be someone special or some upcoming star (I'd be pestering Nick David, reminding him he left Wuss to play consistently at 15, but now rarely plays for Quins)

Sanderson seems really hot on Joe Carpenter, in our academy (talks about him in the same way he spoke about Raffi, before he broke through), so maybe he's just looking for a good squad player until he breaks through, or something

Rumours
TRP (So meh)
Tigers looking at Teeimana Harrison
Hughes to London Irish
Sale lining up O'Flaherty
Saints close to signing Braley and looking at signing Aaron Hinckley
Van Graan wants dda at Bath

Mail
Hughes on loan to Bath then to London Irish
O'Flaherty to Sale
Gopperth to Tigers looking like it's done
Jamie Roberts to Waratahs
Eddie Jones talked to Mercer sounds like he might be back in the prem before the RWC

Harrison seems to be being linked with a move from various sources but I wouldn't have thought he's the type to sign for an arch rival. Then again, I thought that when the Tizard to Saracens rumours first came out.

Hughes to Irish might have some legs given that he's currently on loan to Hartpury and Tuisue is on his way to Gloucester. If the rumours re. Mercer coming back to the Premiership are true, Irish should go all out for him instead of Hughes.

TOF to Sale seems legit. Makes sense for Sale anyway.

Tom O'Flaherty --> Sale

To replace Solomona (and presumably [Redacted]) - Dunno how I feel about it. I like O'Flaherty and he's a good prem standard winger, but our back 3 options are pretty naff so I'd hoped if we recruited there it'd either be someone special or some upcoming star (I'd be pestering Nick David, reminding him he left Wuss to play consistently at 15, but now rarely plays for Quins)

Sanderson seems really hot on Joe Carpenter, in our academy (talks about him in the same way he spoke about Raffi, before he broke through), so maybe he's just looking for a good squad player until he breaks through, or something
Id be pretty gutted to lose o Flaherty, as you say good orem standard winger but its like wasps losing Bassett, may never make the the next step but has flashes of brilliance and be trusted to put in a consistantly good performance all season without worry. I wonder who we will get if we lose him as atm he is on that wing every single game.

Harrison seems to be being linked with a move from various sources but I wouldn't have thought he's the type to sign for an arch rival. Then again, I thought that when the Tizard to Saracens rumours first came out.

Hughes to Irish might have some legs given that he's currently on loan to Hartpury and Tuisue is on his way to Gloucester. If the rumours re. Mercer coming back to the Premiership are true, Irish should go all out for him instead of Hughes.

TOF to Sale seems legit. Makes sense for Sale anyway.

Tizard is what 21 and played 30 games for Quins I don't see why he wouldn't have wanted to join arch rivals, from what I gather the Sarries Quins rivalry is a pretty modern thing also.

Going over old ground really, but Tizard had been with Quins since he was 14. We've invested in him and given him plenty of opportunity. At the first decent option for renewal, he's gone for a money move with an arch rival. Had he gone to any other Premiership club I'd have been disappointed, but him going to Saracens annoyed me.
Id be pretty gutted to lose o Flaherty, as you say good orem standard winger but its like wasps losing Bassett, may never make the the next step but has flashes of brilliance and be trusted to put in a consistantly good performance all season without worry. I wonder who we will get if we lose him as atm he is on that wing every single game.
I feel the same about Cadan Murley. Those types of player are so useful to have.

Latest posts