• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

rivalry is a pretty modern thing also
TBH rivalry in rugby is basically non-existent when compared to pretty much any other sport
Bristol like to do their "We won't even type the word B*th cause they're such a big rival", but players don't give a **** - look at Dave Attwood playing for Bristol, Bath and Gloucester

Hinckley to Saints seems like a really good call. Feel like he was touted as the next flanker off the rank but hasn't been used at Chiefs and you wonder why.

Needs a fresh start i would say or even back to Glaws. I'd take him at Wasps for sure

Hinckley to Saints seems like a really good call. Feel like he was touted as the next flanker off the rank but hasn't been used at Chiefs and you wonder why.

Needs a fresh start i would say or even back to Glaws. I'd take him at Wasps for sure
Hinkley was really unlucky in that a long injury paired with the lockdown meant he spent a very long time not playing any rugby and in that time got leapfrogged by Capstick, Tuima and Tshiunza. He's been playing 7 on loan for Coventry and I imagine he could still put in a good shift for a few Prem sides but with other promising young players coming through at Chiefs like Grubb and the ones already mentioned I don't think his future is at Chiefs.

Hinkley was really unlucky in that a long injury paired with the lockdown meant he spent a very long time not playing any rugby and in that time got leapfrogged by Capstick, Tuima and Tshiunza. He's been playing 7 on loan for Coventry and I imagine he could still put in a good shift for a few Prem sides but with other promising young players coming through at Chiefs like Grubb and the ones already mentioned I don't think his future is at Chiefs.
Yh i agree. He's a hugely talented lad but needs the clean break and Chiefs have such a talented roster/academy there will always be someone to replace him.

Rolling maul Leicester tigers fan podcast saying tigers in advanced talks with Marler and Radwan.

As always take with pinch of salt but they did get pollard right.

Saw something earlier about EJ liking what he's seeing from Mercer, and intimating that the RWC isn't out of reach
Bristol favourites to sign him, but Tigers and Quins also interested (though it feels like Tigers and Quins are linked to everyone these days, so probably just them fleshing out the rumour in case he doesn't sign for Bristol)

Saw something earlier about EJ liking what he's seeing from Mercer, and intimating that the RWC isn't out of reach
Bristol favourites to sign him, but Tigers and Quins also interested (though it feels like Tigers and Quins are linked to everyone these days, so probably just them fleshing out the rumour in case he doesn't sign for Bristol)

No way to Tigers.
Wiese for all his issues suits is the perfect 8 for us don't see how he fits in with us.

Or Quins with Dombrandt

My money extra year in France moves to sale to replace Du Preez

Or Quins with Dombrandt
Quins need a 6, though
Actually needs is a bit much as their pack functions very well atm, but it's definitely an area of weakness

If we were to lose DDP then Mercer would definitely be top of my shopping list - noises out of Sale are the twins are staying, though. Not sure if that's just them taking the optional final year (i.e. not leaving this summer) or if they're being lined up to sign new contracts or what

If we weren't currently terrible, I'd back us to bring him back.
But we are.
And we don't have the luxury of a big tight 5 to put him behind and get the best out of him.

It's going to hurt seeing him in someone else's shirt - whoever that might be

Listened to him on the rugby pod
Said he is staying in France a year

Also didn't sound overly found of his time at bath made a few mentions about how Mont back him which is something he missed having at Bath and that it's nice to be in a team that wants to play him who he wants to play etc

Quins need a 6, though
Actually needs is a bit much as their pack functions very well atm, but it's definitely an area of weakness

If we were to lose DDP then Mercer would definitely be top of my shopping list - noises out of Sale are the twins are staying, though. Not sure if that's just them taking the optional final year (i.e. not leaving this summer) or if they're being lined up to sign new contracts or what
Maybe … if all works out OK with the injuries, I could definitely see Kenningham at 6 with Evans at 7 as our preferred pairing.

Signing Mercer would be expensive and not an area I'd highlight as a major priority for us.

The main priority is a good replacement for Care.

DDA to Bath?

Bit weird considering they've got Redpath and Ojomoh,
If JJ leaves they'll probably sign a centre but doubt they'd go marquee considering how good the youngsters are

All just copying the rugby paper
This.
Fissler said it, local rag picked up on it, player's local rag picks up on it - suddenly it's confirmed in 3 different places.

Centre is NOT where we need to spending money, it's tight 5 that needs every spare £ we can find.
In Ojomoh and Redpath we've 2 very promising young tyros, if we can fit them into the same midfield.
With Venter and Butt we've got promising youth (even though they're the same age as the above) bringing a more physical game.

If we're losing JJ and Clarke and Wright, then... well, quite honestly, we still don't need a replacement, given that Bailey, TdG, Muir and RMcC can cover midfield in an emergency, whilst the cap is limited. I can certainly see the appeal of DDA - but only if he'll leave us change from JJ's salary, and only short term (neither Ojomoh nor Redpath will stick around for long if they're not starting).

It just seems a strange one... Bath are a club in huge transition and really don't need a player who will be away as much as he is.

What they need if Van Graan wants a defensive leader is their own Estherhuizen. Maybe a Serfontein or a Kuridrani, someone who won't be away during internationals but can lead a line when needed.

I expect so.

I've always wanted us to go after Moon or someone like him.

Marler is a hell of a player but for the wage he will want (even if he wasn't looking to move it's going to be at least 200/250k) it's a big chunk of cap for a position that really is a solid scrummager who can tackle, carrying is a nice bonus but Montoya and Dolly are decent carriers to make up for Genge going, Cole can still scrum hard so just need someone to hold his own till Whitcombe is ready.

Mind if we can bump up Marlers price I'll be happy.

DDA to Bath?

Bit weird considering they've got Redpath and Ojomoh,
If JJ leaves they'll probably sign a centre but doubt they'd go marquee considering how good the youngsters are
Started in Ireland as part of witch hunt against JVG.

DDA has deal in Japan and lifestyle and everything suits him down to ground with that deal and new baby so doubt UK is on his radar.

Definitely some substance by Radwan to Tigers i think. Ironically thats the one position we can afford to lose a star player...we have a conveyor belt of youg wingers ready to come through next season.

My concern is the coaching now. Dean has been there 10 years and we've seen no improvements . The rugby is attrocious...

I think its time for a cull and bring in a young forward thinking coaching team...who can use all the talent we have coming through...

Latest posts