• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

My guess?

Leicester Retirement Home to replace Nadolo and keep bringing that average age up

He's coming back... i mean my heart says Wasps but my head thinks... Sarries, Quins or Exeter. Thinking about his gf, i'd imagine she would want to be london based.

Still wouldn't be surprised if he ends up abroad - think he's gonna he surprised at how low the contracts are gonna be considering how late in the season it is

Fair point, actually - Wasps probably the only one with the budget, especially as they'd get the academy credit
You've lost most of your big earners and the only serious salary you've gained is Koch
A lot will be eaten up by new contracts for the younger players/the reduction in cap, but there should still be a chunk knocking about

Think it'd be a waste of the money (you need a top drawer centre), but theoretically possible

Fair point, actually - Wasps probably the only one with the budget, especially as they'd get the academy credit
You've lost most of your big earners and the only serious salary you've gained is Koch
A lot will be eaten up by new contracts for the younger players/the reduction in cap, but there should still be a chunk knocking about

Think it'd be a waste of the money (you need a top drawer centre), but theoretically possible

So what i know is that Lock, Centre and utility back were the main areas we are focused on.

Therefore, if you imagine that we will look to use Umaga as 15 along with crossdale and Kilbrige to cover, it really wouldn't surprise me if Wade was being looked at. Not only from a legacy point of view but for bums on seats he would add a lot just in anticipation.

Watson, Le Boj, Miller, Gaskell, Scholtz, JTA, Fekitoa, Fifita, Anderson, Gopperth, Thomas Young replaced by Koch, McDonald, Haydon-Wood, Odendaal,Ryan and Hartley (Snr Academy) should in theory leave us space as imagine the others won't be be too costly bar Koch.

Honestly surprised he's coming back to rugby after all he said.

I noticed he mentioned the NFL is still an option but struggle to see that being the case since I doubt he would ever look at rugby again if NFL was still on the table

I noticed he mentioned the NFL is still an option but struggle to see that being the case since I doubt he would ever look at rugby again if NFL was still on the table
Yeah, his NFL chances are fully over - he was probably too old when he made the switch in the first place, let alone three years later

Maybe his agent is hitting up CFL or arena football teams or something, but doubt anyone is clammering after a 31yr old with no football background who has only played a handful of pre-season minutes
Not even got the novelty factor anymore after 3yrs out of the public eye

Prem clubs will be interested daft not too.

Might be a luxury but he's a try machine and NFL won't hurt that but question his all round game but at prem level scoring tries can be enough

Depending on how much he likes living in the US he could end up in MLR.

But I think Prem and Japan are both more likely than that.

He seems to be heavily hinting at a Premiership return to challenge Ashton's record so it would be weird to take up an offer from elsewhere.

Destination is the harder part to gauge. Feels like a return to Wasps or Exeter (as seems to be the main rumour) are most logical.

From a wasps point of view, I struggle to see why they released le boj (insert rest of name), he seemed a really solid squad centre. Can't of been on high wages and never seemed to let you down at all.

From a wasps point of view, I struggle to see why they released le boj (insert rest of name), he seemed a really solid squad centre. Can't of been on high wages and never seemed to let you down at all.
Its an interesting choice, I think because we have Hartley who has played extremely well in Prem Cup that we have obviously made a decision to use him over Le Boj. I'd also consider that we have Spink, Simmonds, Mills, Odogwu and Odendaal coming in. Its also rumoured that we are targeting a starting centre position so i'd imagine we will be looking at players released by other prem clubs.

So with Joel Kpoku seemingly finding his feet well in France, in a recent interview he said he brother had been with Coventry and but had an injury and was not registered with anyone.

Surely hes worth a gamble for a club. Be very cheap and worth a 1 year contract?

Maybe, sharing his brothers' genetic makeup doesn't automatically make him any good though.

Latest posts