• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Has been disavowed from multiple sources, including very well informed ones.
There's a reason I didn't bother repeating it in the other thread.

Yeh it didn't make much sense imo.
He's playing good rugby in bath and reality is Eddie isn't picking him because of bath since Bath has the most players in the england squad.

Luther Burrell confirming on insta that he's leaving Falcons as we have no cash essentially.

Figures with what I've heard, we apparently have the 14th biggest budget in the country with even Ealing outspending us.

Luther Burrell confirming on insta that he's leaving Falcons as we have no cash essentially.

Figures with what I've heard, we apparently have the 14th biggest budget in the country with even Ealing outspending us.
Hard times in the Toon. Sad really as the most fantastic support up there.

Off topic but are Ealing any closer to getting in to Prem.

They seem to be making big investments.

Off topic but are Ealing any closer to getting in to Prem.

They seem to be making big investments.
If they'd sorted out a ground share before applying for promotion they'd have had it this year

Good chance they could top the league next year - however if they don't do the above, again, then they won't be allowed up

Part of me thinks that they don't actually want to be promoted - they're almost solely funded by their sugar daddy, and he's probably got London Welsh's demise in the back of his head. They claim they had a ground share sorted out after they'd applied for promotion - why'd they not say that when they applied if it was true?

Isn't the Trailfinders owner an old man - like mid 80s or possibly more? Ealing is a fun pet project but whoever takes over his money and his business might be less keen.

I mean he's got £385m in the bank and has donated £70m to charitable causes, so he can afford to splash cash.

Depends on what he wants to do but more importantly who would take over in the future.

I'm not questioning whether he can afford it, I'm questioning whether whoever inherits his fortune wants to continue doing it. It's not as though a rugby club offers any real ROI.

Rumours that we've offered Mike Brown a 1yr deal to bridge the gap between Hammersley's retirement and the academy 15s being ready

I'd be ok with that tbh - like I mentioned before, we need an experienced 15 to help the development of the youngsters and if we sign him under a mutual understanding that it's a borderline player/coach role rather than as a 1st choice starter then would be a good pickup

Interesting. I'd have thought Rob Miller would have been a more logical choice TBH. He's younger, almost certainly cheaper and more familiar with the club.

I thought Brown to Ealing was all but confirmed TBH. Definitely feels like a logical move with the potential for a coaching gig and is back in London.

Interesting. I'd have thought Rob Miller would have been a more logical choice TBH. He's younger, almost certainly cheaper and more familiar with the club.

I thought Brown to Ealing was all but confirmed TBH. Definitely feels like a logical move with the potential for a coaching gig and is back in London.
Yeah I'd prefer Miller too tbh, maybe the money's not right, or contract length not right, or he fancies a move somewhere else etc.
Or maybe we're just not interested

Brown is, apparently, going to be an agent when he retires

Latest posts