• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Yep. Maguire signed for Leinster 2 seasons ago due to a severe shortage of decent props. Has an Irish father as far as I recall. Good player but from what I've seen he badly needs to work on his fitness. Could dovetail well with the equally unfit looking Rodney Ah You.

Yep. Maguire signed for Leinster 2 seasons ago due to a severe shortage of decent props. Has an Irish father as far as I recall. Good player but from what I've seen he badly needs to work on his fitness. Could dovetail well with the equally unfit looking Rodney Ah You.

Yeah, seemed decent a while back. Problem is 6'5" might be pushing it for a prop, unless you have Sheridan on the other end and a decent sized hooker.

A poster on the Ulster fans site says that John Andress is about to sign for Ulster from Harlequins. This poster was right about Ryan Caldwell, Isaac Boss, Ruan Pienaar and Johann Muller's transfers in the past before anybody else raised the possibility of these moves. He also says that the Dragons have signed Jamie Smith from Ulster and BJ Botha is moving south. Whether that means back to SA or to Munster is another question- if it's the latter it means somebody is feeding Hugh Farrelly in the Irish Independent some really good transfer info.

I bet the Shedheads would love that. Having Lamb back after Toby Booth has ruined him.

Agreed there Bullitt, he had potential to make international stage before and now he is awful. But part of that I think is down to his attitude.

When he shares a dressing room with Delon Armitage, there's no wonder if he has an attitude problem.

If he were to return to Glaws, he'd definitely be 2nd choice behind Freddie Burns, who will, without doubt, be our first choice 10 next season. Tim Taylor has also impressed and is a lot more consistent than Lambo, so he may even find himself 3rd choice.

I can see him ending up at Worcester if he doesn't come back to us as it's local, and Andy Goode can't go on forever. The Wasps rumour is interesting, but unlikely if the Telegraph are correct and Dean Ryan returns to Wasps.

To the Saints man - Toby Booth ruined him? Do you mean Mike Catt? And surely he's not been ruined/put on the shelf to the same extent as Geraghty!

I'm surprised Lamb has never been used much at 15 or maybe 12 although he mightn't be big enough for there because I think he can be a fine player but mentally lacks enough jizz required for 10

To the Saints man - Toby Booth ruined him? Do you mean Mike Catt? And surely he's not been ruined/put on the shelf to the same extent as Geraghty!

England (specially, Brian Smith) ruined Geraghty by playing him as a 12. He was immense up until that AI series and never has delivered since.

Booth has destroyed Lambs confidence - If you were the best naturally talented 10 in the country then made to play second fiddle to Chris Mallone, your confidence would be knackered also.

Think I'd have to agree with bullitt on both.
Remember when Saints beat Munster in Round1 of H'Cup Geraghty was special that night by Round 6 he was a joke and England did that.
London Irish didn't use Lamb correctly either and well for a decent set of players they just go negative to easily

Even as a staunch supporter of Lambo, and someone who's followed him since before his pro rugby days, I would never for one minute describe him as the best naturally talented 10 in the country, not now and certainly not during his time at Glaws. Stuart Barnes hyped him up when he broke onto the scene on Sky, and since then (in my opinion) expectations of him as a player have been far too high. I would say his handling/passing off his right hand is/was probably the best in the premiership, but his defence and inconsistency with kicking whether at goal or from hand, have been problems long before he was at Irish. You missed my point about Toby Booth. Mike Catt is coaching Lamb 1 on 1 at Irish, Booth picks the team. I think Mike Catt would be a very positive influence on any aspiring 10, therefore I don't see how Booth could be accused of wrecking him? He picked Lamb to start against Gloucester recently and he had a mare. Had you seen that performance, perhaps you'd understand his failings. I also think the picking Malone ahead of him analogy doesn't quite stand up in the professional era, although you may have a point as Lamb is a confidence player. Personally, I don't understand why Irish didn't play Bowden at fly-half instead of Malone.

You can say England wrecked Geraghty by picking him at 12, but conversely, you could argue Northampton did him no favours by picking Myler over him in the position he'd like to make his name in at international level. London Irish managed to accomodate him at 10. Understandably, Myler was picked on form, therefore Geraghty has to be patient or simply up his game. Personally, I think his signing was pretty unnecessary for you guys with Myler, and I think that moved hampered his career a lot more than being picked by England. Playing 12 for England didn't harm Toby Flood's prospects as a fly half. Anyway, I hope Shane ends up at Kingsholm instead of Lambo! He'd still be 2nd choice behind Burns though!

Last edited:

Latest posts