• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I think you've explained it before but what is the inferior Lei-ster's gripe with Stu?

Mainly how he kept publically calling out MJ for not giving him anything to work with and how England was in a much better place with Stu than it was previously. (Depite winning fuk all..), and Johnno is basically a god here and whilst most people accept he wasn't great but MJ didn't exactly have much to work with either and just tried his best for someone with no coaching experiance.

Also he has the charisma of a wet lettuce.

Baxter continuing his centre obsession.

Just Wikipediaed him again and it says he can play fullback. Is he any good there or is it more just in emergencies?
He's pretty good there. Does extremely well in open space. Doubt Exeter will have to pay him very much and he's a quality player injury profile aside in my opinion. Was a big fan of him as a player when he was fit. Primarily a centre of course though.

12, 10, 15 - Olding can do a job in any of them at league level. Jacko to Clermont is a personal step down anyway even if we ignore the International game. He was top dog at a Heineken cup team last season, he'll be backup 10 at a challenge cup side if he goes to ASM. Toulouse, Racing and Lyon would all start him and will be in the Heino next year.

2016/17 Ulster are better than 2017/18 ASM too. You could argue Ulster are as good this year too, the only thing elevating Clermont is their win in Sarries.

What's last year got to do with anything?
Ulster won't be a champions cup team next year either so at worst it's a sideways step, but Clermont is a better place, a better club and also a richer club than Ulster.
The only negative is it removes him from international contention but he's already done that himself anyway

What's last year got to do with anything?
Ulster won't be a champions cup team next year either so at worst it's a sideways step, but Clermont is a better place, a better club and also a richer club than Ulster.
The only negative is it removes him from international contention but he's already done that himself anyway
Clermont a better place than Belfast? I don't think I'd agree with that.

Even if you ignore last year, and I don't know why you would because PJ will have a hugely positive influence on Ulster like last year, next year Ulster are going to have Moore, Murphy in current problem positions and a new coach, the IRFU have done well appointing coaches recently too. They're also favourites to get the last European spot by virtue of only needing a win against an already qualified Glasgow the week before they play Edinburgh or an already qualified Munster the week before their QF with the Euro final possibly the week after and then they'll get a home draw v Ospreys.

You can't ignore that a player who is entering his prime would want to be a starter, he won't be ahead of Lopez, there's half a dozen better French clubs for him to join in that regard.

So while Clermont are better than Ulster (Marginally at that) they're definitely not better for Jackson, I think it's fair to call that a step down.

Latest posts