• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

I hate the lad culture in Rugby so damn much.

What a hero, staying at a strangers place fecking his GF in the guys room and ******* on his clothes. What a lad ;):p Lit AF :D

Really? How long is O'Brien out for? They've only just signed him
Potentially forever

I heard Christmas minimum, but there's a good chance he won't come back from the surgery (it's a bit of a hail Mary attempt)

Heard today that O'Gara has going a gig of the Head Coach of La Rochelle starting on July

Heard today that O'Gara has going a gig of the Head Coach of La Rochelle starting on July

This is confirmed as of yesterday.

Jim Hamilton name dropped Alun Wyn Jones to Tigers...

Surely not?

I know Ospreys have financial troubles and what not after the merge fell through, but I can't see him leaving for England.

Why not? He has more than enough caps to continue being selected by Wales and after spending his whole career in the Pro14, I imagine he wants a new challenge in the Premiership or France.

Even if Tigers are in the doldrums, the prospect of reviving their fortunes might be the sort of challenge he's after.

Why not? He has more than enough caps to continue being selected by Wales and after spending his whole career in the Pro14, I imagine he wants a new challenge in the Premiership or France.

Even if Tigers are in the doldrums, the prospect of reviving their fortunes might be the sort of challenge he's after.

Because he is a one club man and a loyal Welshman. I don't think he'll leave personally. He's a rare breed of modern Rugby player that has loyalty and class. There's a new deal on the table for him which I think he'll sign. Just my opinion.

I don't understand how a 33 year old leaving a club he has played for like 16 years, would be taking anyway from his loyalty and class though.
He's wanting like 700,000 anyway so it's a big ask for any club looking to sign him.

The main thing that could stop him moving out of Wales imho is the fact that he wants to be a four time Lion... and the English and French clubs would bleed him dry, while the WRU would look after him to help him accommodate his desires.

AWJ deserves a final big pay day, don't know Jim Hamilton's source and he only mentioned it in passing but obviously he'll be connected..

As nice as the idea of a one club man sounds, the Ospreys wouldn't begrudge him a move, I think the point above is bang on regarding the Lions and that would be his biggest reason to stay, for what he'll cost a potential buyer he'll get flogged..

The main thing that could stop him moving out of Wales imho is the fact that he wants to be a four time Lion... and the English and French clubs would bleed him dry, while the WRU would look after him to help him accommodate his desires.

With the strength of the other locks and his age, I don't think he has a snowballs chance of being a lion again....oh wait I remembered who the biased coach is.

RIL linking Quins with Goneva.

It's RIL so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, but we do need a winger good enough to start for the first-team and Goneva would fit the bill either on loan or as a permanent signing.

Falcons also just confirmed they've signed Cooper Vuna so it could be a case of a cheaper, slightly younger one to replace and expensive older player?

RIL linking Quins with Goneva.

It's RIL so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, but we do need a winger good enough to start for the first-team and Goneva would fit the bill either on loan or as a permanent signing.

Falcons also just confirmed they've signed Cooper Vuna so it could be a case of a cheaper, slightly younger one to replace and expensive older player?
Goneva has left us...contract expired and has not been renewed.

We have 4 incredibly talented young wingers comng through. Sinoti there but starting to be injury prone and 35, and Vuna is just a cheap replacement for Goneva. Its all about getting straight back up, whilst developing the players in our academy.

Goneva has left us...contract expired and has not been renewed.

We have 4 incredibly talented young wingers comng through. Sinoti there but starting to be injury prone and 35, and Vuna is just a cheap replacement for Goneva. Its all about getting straight back up, whilst developing the players in our academy.

Interesting - I must have missed that Goneva had left.

Vuna is a solid signing, but hopefully Hodge and Radwan get a decent amount of game time next season.

Latest posts