• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF and HB Studios - Rugby 2012 update #1

Rugby 2012 has to have licences from the top 20 international teams,the Heineken Cup,the Super 15,the Magners league,TOp14,GP, TRI NATIONS, SIX NATIONS and the RWC

I thought that happened because scratches on the disk!

They really need to sort glitches like that out. It is very annoying especially if you're in a RWC Final and it hasn't saved!!!

Ez to fix pull ur control out lole so it comes up with the screen to connect controler plug it in and the glitch is fixed

To be honest....i would prefer a game with zero licenses and amazing gameplay over a game with bad gameplay and every name and kit exactly correct....look at the example the first PES games set - even though they didn't have the players and kits, people still bought them for the playing experience....then just edited the teams how they liked. Which is what they're going to be doing anyway! It's ALL about the gameplay..

To be honest....i would prefer a game with zero licenses and amazing gameplay over a game with bad gameplay and every name and kit exactly correct....look at the example the first PES games set - even though they didn't have the players and kits, people still bought them for the playing experience....then just edited the teams how they liked. Which is what they're going to be doing anyway! It's ALL about the gameplay..

Hear, hear. My thoughts exactly from an earlier post I did (right down to the PES analogy!). HB really need to start at the bottom and work up if they want to build a successful franchise. For the first ***l of a next gen series gameplay is really key. If they build a solid foundation then the concentration on licencing can be done in subsequent ***les. At least thats the way I'd do it!

The game either has to have no licensed teams or every team in the world ever. Just having the Premiership, say, would annoy me.

The game either has to have no licensed teams or every team in the world ever. Just having the Premiership, say, would annoy me.

That's just crazy. Take every license you can get and what you can't get make it editable. Why on earth would any sane person sign up to edit 30 or 40 more teams?

When can we expect the next update?

When HB have some new information to share. They are looking on the forum and digesting some of the views being put forward. No doubt they wouldn't like to come back to us with very little to report, so we need to give them some time. The questions thread may partly be the basis for the next Q & A.

That's just crazy. Take every license you can get and what you can't get make it editable. Why on earth would any sane person sign up to edit 30 or 40 more teams?

Its a bit frustrating when you have some but not others, especially in international teams, If your going to have licenses for the big teams you could at least get the others in the world cup, And I am pretty sure it wouldnt cost much if anything to get alot of the smaller nations licenses. I understand it would be very expensive to get the licenses for every club team and competition so I have no problem with editable club stuff, but if you have international licenses you gotta do it for all of them.

It's frustrating, yes, but people have dealt with it in the past and usually would let it slide if they were having too much fun playing. Yes, it'd probably get a bit annoying when you score and the player name comes up as O'Droscool or something, but i know guys who, once they get a game (i'll use PES as an example again) Literally spend hours correcting teams, names, even the colours of player boots and current haircuts before playing. No joke. One of the reasons that Fifa was (no longer the case) considered by fans to be so far behind PES was because of the gameplay. To be honest - within one year anyway the teams are all going to be out of date!! Look at how long we've been waiting for a game to re-appear on the horizon....would you rather they spend their time and budget getting the three crowns on Munsters crest just right and every player name exact? or would you rather a game that plays amazingly well and stands the test of time? With the ability to either move players around and/or edit current/retired players and replace with new ones on the scene...etc etc..

I really think that we should maybe pool our information to HB in a severity format:
Examples. (Just examples!! list can be determined by us)

1. Critical: Must be included - Updated match engine, breakdown, scums, line outs etc..
2. Severe: Should be included - dynamic defensive lineups, offensive moves, revamped out of hand kicking, all domestic competitions etc..
3. Moderate: Included if possible (does not take away from priority of 1&2) - Licensing of all teams, editable squads, editable players etc..
4. Normal: Like to have - 7s tournament options, user creatable summer tours etc..

This way there is a direct prioritisation for them to address..

Cheers.

All they need to do is update the graphics a bit and get all the players to date in it. Then maybe add some new game features like provincial rugby with teams like auckland manawatu and bay of plenty it would be great to play a npc mode

I really think that we should maybe pool our information to HB in a severity format:
Examples. (Just examples!! list can be determined by us)

1. Critical: Must be included - Updated match engine, breakdown, scums, line outs etc..
2. Severe: Should be included - dynamic defensive lineups, offensive moves, revamped out of hand kicking, all domestic competitions etc..
3. Moderate: Included if possible (does not take away from priority of 1&2) - Licensing of all teams, editable squads, editable players etc..
4. Normal: Like to have - 7s tournament options, user creatable summer tours etc..

This way there is a direct prioritisation for them to address..

Cheers.

I like the idea, but your example brings up a possible problem;
The ability to create your own tour isn't a critical aspect of the game, if there is no create your own tour id still buy it so its rightly in "normal". However, it would be very easy (in comparison to other suggestions) for HB to whip up a tour mode, and it would also add alot of value to the game. So in that regard it sort of falls in the category of "least work input to maximum value output" and should be quite high in the suggestions for that reason.

Just my thoughts.

Absolutely yeah - i would agree with that definitely.
Normal is still "like to have" so if it's easily done then it should be done.

I'm talking more if there are 2 things that are difficult to achieve but different severities that they should concentrate on the higher severity:
Example would be 7s vs dynamic defensive lineups - i would reckon that they concentrate on the defensive lineups etc. etc.

Hey, firstly i want to say how happy i am to see there is a new rugby game to be made. After months and months of searching the internet for it, i gave up, but this news made me very happy. The fact that hb studios is actually going to take some suggestions from the community (which i assume is just as passionate about rugby than i am) is very good news.

I have an huge exam coming up, so my input will be limited (for now), but in a few weeks time you all will hear a lot more from me.

I want to know, the people that is actually going to be involved (hands on) in making the game (planning, programming etc.), do they have any rugby experience at all? Do they actually watch/support rugby? Understand the rules? etc. Even with all the creative suggestions from the community, the rugby game wont be 'realistic' and therefore wont reach its full potential.

The big one......will there be multi-player? (Im new on the forum, so excuse if the topic has already been discussed)

As i said, i have a lot of ideas. But my suggestion for the day..if you pick your team for a specific game plan (ex. A big forward pack), it must have an telling effect on the outcome of the game (ex. your big pack tires faster, your scrums/lineouts is solid). Think Bulls vs Hurricanes. The player controlling the Bulls, must be able to dominate the set pieces, rucks and physical encounters. The Hurricanes have faster, more skillful players, the must make the game loose, and avoid the big pack of the Bulls by keeping the ball alive.

I'm willing to pay three times the amount of a normal XBOX 360 game as long as the game's quality is right up there with the likes of Madden.

Oh man I love you all i feel so in love with you all for making a rugby game........ok just want to add my 25cents is it possible if you could allow the user to create their own tournament for example like the world cup you can choose from wc 1987 through to wc 2007 and then create your own world cup so you make up the pools just like the EA rugby 2001 on PC. cos me and my mates have this competition at my house but we sick of playing the same teams all over again. The other tournament can be created by the user like a four nation and add any of the chosen teams we pick. available for online as well please.. rugby league world cup version has the best of the tournaments layout. it will answer my question if you don't understand what i mean..
Can you have a referee running around and the touch judges like on jonah lomu rugby?
IF it is possible can you make the theme song of the rugby game the world in union song and when they walk in on to the field? instead of the rock songs that plays on the previous rugby games please?
Can the teams be updated every month depends on what is happening on the real rugby teams with the starting line up and that?
Haka for NZ Fiji Samoa and Tonga if it is possible?
Stadiums including Tonga Samoa like on EA rugby 2004
15 and 7s to be included please?
Rate example for England 15 a side team 87 and their 7s team 84, Samoa 15s rate 72 and in 7s rate 90 it will be awesome. NZ 15s 94 and 7s 88.
make it more realistic if scotland plays Fiji in Wellington NZ then the stadium wont be packed and can see yellow seats of the wellington westpac stadium.
Songs and Chants can you make the swing low song plays when the English team plays and when they score tries or during the game.?
can you add the air new zealand cup unless you can buy it online so not just for nz but for example the currie cup that happens in south africa and whatever cup they play in australia.
British Lions Tour can you allow the user to play both british lions and the teams they tour to within S.A NZ and aus?
thats all for now thanks for reading my inputs cant wait to be the number one ranking in the world for the online game of this rugby team.

another idea i forgot can we create our own moves like in the back line? just create arrows that we can rule out like in a play book and the players will follow it during the game and you can share if you want with friends I think this is where your real rugby knowledge will come in and destroy the opposition teams which will make me number one in the world and it could be good for coaches as well cos no one had thought of that idea to be included.

bro bring in your knowledge i am so freaken looking forward for this game i nearly threw out my ps3 and hug my ps2 cos of rugby 08 but now am definitely gonna throw out this ps2 sick of the wires and trying to get comfortable to play haha hope we see our inputs when the game comes out

Latest posts