• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF and HB Studios - Rugby 2012 update #1

yeah who cares about pc just get a ps3 bro...... i rather play a rugby game then never because of this torrents **** going on damit

Really awsome to see you guyz working together. You guyz will do well to go on your own with this.
I recommend you approach the IRB (International Rugby Board) and get them to go in it with you.
They will have all player stats etc. Alternatively you could approach MTN and Vodacom (cellphone companies in South Africa).
They sponsor a lot of our rugby. EA Sports sucks anyway.

Nice thought mate yea get the irb in im sure they will help the buggers

another idea i forgot can we create our own moves like in the back line? just create arrows that we can rule out like in a play book and the players will follow it during the game and you can share if you want with friends I think this is where your real rugby knowledge will come in and destroy the opposition teams which will make me number one in the world and it could be good for coaches as well cos no one had thought of that idea to be included.

bro bring in your knowledge i am so freaken looking forward for this game i nearly threw out my ps3 and hug my ps2 cos of rugby 08 but now am definitely gonna throw out this ps2 sick of the wires and trying to get comfortable to play haha hope we see our inputs when the game comes out

yeah who cares about pc just get a ps3 bro...... i rather play a rugby game then never because of this torrents **** going on damit
Who talks to themselves on a forum? You could at least try to hide it with a second account.

TBH Gameplay is always paramount for me. I would never, ever choose to have all correct licences at the sacrifice of brilliant gameplay.

This reminds me of the situation between Fifa and PES probably around 5 or 6 years ago. PES had established itself streets ahead of Fifa in terms of gameplay, even though it lacked the official licences/names/kits that Fifa had. Anybody who actually played and understood football said that PES was a better game by a mile. It had an edit mode so you could change all the kits. names and tournaments to the real thing, so after a bit of work it was (unofficially) correct like Fifa and still about 100000 times better.

I always found Fifa players were kids who just enjoyed the official look of the game and didn't mind about the poor gameplay. They were happy to pay £40 every year for essentially the same bad game with updated kits and names.

"Ha, Roberto Carlos is called Roberto Larcos! That game is s**t!". Yeah, sure.

Sadly its them who have got the last laugh as now Fifa is brilliant and has all the licences, and PES is rubbish and has hardly any.

The point im trying to make is that you shouldn't be disheartened if the HB guys say they want to concentrate on gameplay instead of licences. Just make your feelings known about a comprehensive edit mode as im sure it wouldn't be too hard to include a good one. Then you can edit them or the modders on here can edit them and upload them on here for everyone to enjoy.

yea just like on the fight night you can upload them so everyone can download them if it is not license

Please!! PC release!!
I bought all rugby games for PC because I love it and that is much better than download it because the errors could have a pirate copy...

Please, please, really I want this game for Pc, I haven't got PS3 or Xbox and I can't bought one...

I will be really apreciate

dont worry ill send you a ps3 so i can kick you as online hahaha

create a donation credit card thingy so we can donate money in online to help out with what the game needs especially LICENSE and Gameplay to be improved.. i am willing to sell my car and send you whatever i get with it to donate to make this game really good... please i have been waiting since the world cup 2007 and now is 2010 thats like 16 years of waiting if your a hardcore rugby fan and i know these people too so please i want this game to be up there and Samoa uniform is Blue and white shorts with blue socks please last time i played the samoan team was on rugby 05 then 06 they had blue shorts and it annoys me as known the best in the world online just trust me ill be number one online. just keep the 08 engine but improve on it please and the free kick on the not straight lineouts throw is a must.

i am willing to sell my car and send you whatever i get with it
please i have been waiting since the world cup 2007 and now is 2010 thats like 16 years of waiting
it annoys me as known the best in the world online just trust me ill be number one online.
You're a little.....strange

online will be good if the opposition player wont see your moves and your kicking directional line just like when your playing the computer on 08. and the backs should be able to out run the forwards easily cos on 08 Richie McCaw can still keep up with Hosea Gear and Habana when im trying to out run Richie.

Who talks to themselves on a forum? You could at least try to hide it with a second account.

who gives a **** i think i am trying to reply to others but appears that im writing to myself hahaha who cares mate

just wish the game would come out sooner. a demo should be release on xbox live at christmas time.

hanging out already for a new version of Rugby 2008. I was pretty happy with it but there is always room to improve. In terms of other features, NPC, and agree with Yafeka, a playbook whereby either having ability to create or at least access a fav list of offensive and defensive plays for your team. From a tap penalty, also having preset moves and the ability to pass from the tap with one button rather than tap and pass individually.

Otherwise, cant wait to see what improvements they come back with.

Gay-Guy - can't wait to battle it out if you still feel like some smashing practice. Its been a long time.....

I know my bro will be keen on another tourney.

I just had a thought for a feature that could be included in the game, not sure if its been previously mentioned though. I don't know if maybe it would be too much but a trading card style game like Ultimate Team in Fifa10 would be brilliant and add a whole new dimension to the game. It has been and continues to be a successful addition to the fifa games so maybe, finances permitted, obviously, but if it would be possible to do something along these lines and make it available as downloadable content a while after the game is released then it could be a real success. think how great it would be to be able to make your own dream rugby team to compete with online, having the likes of Shane Williams, Dan Carter, Schalk Burger etc all in the same team. This is only an idea though and I realise and accept that HB Studios are making this game independently therefore thay are funding it and there is not as big a budget to work with as there would be with a Madden or Fifa game, it would be great though.

i would definately enjoy a better rucking system than the previous rugby models eg.06 and 08.Mabe go to a tapping system to join more players to the ruck there by rewarding the team who has more numbers to the ball.And me being a backline player more innovative backline moves would be nice.Aldo in game modes a british lions tour would be awesome.your normal world cup,tri nations,six nations,heinekin cup,english premeirshp and world league but would be cool to unlock a reward like classic teams or matches from the past.

Any responses

I agree whole heartedly the rucks need to be more in the hands of the player mabe the tapping system used in jonah lomu rugby could be a option rewarding the team with the most numbers to the ball.Passing was fine in opnion maybe abit more slicker.The lineouts could use work as i always stole lineout ball didnt need to have victor matfield in your team for that so abit more variations and tougher.Backline moves a must the blitz worked everytime so that can be improved but the rest is fine hope the game lives up to all our expectation

Latest posts