• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Studios or Sidhe?? Predictions on best ***le??

Which ***le do you think will be better??

• Total voters

ynuiguy

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Hi everyone, just thought Ill get peoples opinion on what ***le they think will be better??
(Sorry in advance if a similar thread has been created already)

My opinion is:
Going from Sidhes track record with the Rugby League series I am having doubts on Ruga Chug!! Awesome it has ITM cup for us NZers but if the passing system is anything like the Rugby League series I am gonna hate it!! Sorry SIDHE and Mario and the team, Im from Wellys and will definitely buy SIDHEs ***le to support you guys, but I hope you aint using that passing system :( !!BUT!! if you wont me to do some testing for you I would be glad to, of course ill try to fit it somewhere in to my buzy schedule, but could probably just fit you in somewhere!! Fingers crossed you have things right. No doubt we will find out soon enough.

Now HB Studios. My cookies are going in there basket for best ***le, just for the pure fact that they have experience with rugby ***les, and also the huge fact they have 505Games behind them. These are the people behind Backbreaker. Now anyone that doesnt know what that ***le is please look up on Youtube now and be amazed, because that engine was made for a Rugby ***le. Im salivating at the thought of what it will be like applied to a Rugby ***le, absolutely cannot wait for footage of both ***les, and thats my opinion. Sure I have more but cant think straight right now.

Whats everyone else thoughts??

Last edited:
I think HB studios will have the better ***le gameplay wise since they have a track record... however i really do hope they have some club teams... But heres hoping.

Sidhe....i will still buy their ***le too.... but as you have said, i really didnt enjoy the RL ***les that much..... If this RC sucks gameplay wise, i dont think i will be buying any of their future ***les... Would gladly eat my words if its a good game thou..

2 rugby games... PS3... Yay.

I chose Sidhe, based only on what I know so far. This is partly because the licenses are great from a New Zealand perspective, and i know nothing about either game's gameplay. but my opinion may change after viewing the final products.

Sidhe, cause I don't have a console and Sidhe's is at least coming out on PC, so yeah.

Hi everyone, just thought Ill get peoples opinion on what ***le they think will be better??
(Sorry in advance if a similar thread has been created already)

My opinion is:
Going from Sidhes track record with the Rugby League series I am having doubts on Ruga Chug!! Awesome it has ITM cup for us NZers but if the passing system is anything like the Rugby League series I am gonna hate it!! Sorry SIDHE and Mario and the team, Im from Wellys and will definitely buy SIDHEs ***le to support you guys, but I hope you aint using that passing system :( !!BUT!! if you wont me to do some testing for you I would be glad to, of course ill try to fit it somewhere in to my buzy schedule, but could probably just fit you in somewhere!! Fingers crossed you have things right. No doubt we will find out soon enough.

Now HB Studios. My cookies are going in there basket for best ***le, just for the pure fact that they have experience with rugby ***les, and also the huge fact they have 505Games behind them. These are the people behind Backbreaker. Now anyone that doesnt know what that ***le is please look up on Youtube now and be amazed, because that engine was made for a Rugby ***le. Im salivating at the thought of what it will be like applied to a Rugby ***le, absolutely cannot wait for footage of both ***les, and thats my opinion. Sure I have more but cant think straight right now.

Whats everyone else thoughts??

I believe that you are able to do testing for Sidhe, contact Mario through their forums. I'm sure you'll need to sign a non-disclosure agreement if you do so though.

hb studios for sure.. sidhe talks bout licences and player detail and that but i havnt heard much about game play, id hate to be tapping x to sprint etc like in the league games, rugby ***les gameplay were way better! if anything if hb studios allows you to create tornaments, etc super rugby, player names and all that with jerseys everything and legends like lomu what game would you choose then...cmon sidhe team prove me wrong since im from wellys lol

You guys don't think a rugby union game might require a whole different layout to a league game, this is Sidhe's biggest opportunity to make money, I'm sure they won't stuff up a sure fire payday.

You guys don't think a rugby union game might require a whole different layout to a league game, this is Sidhe's biggest opportunity to make money, I'm sure they won't stuff up a sure fire payday.

yeah i have to agree. Sidhe will draw on past experience from the league games, but this game will be built from the ground up.
i really think both games will kick ass though ;)

Abstaining from voting. Just like Woldog I only have PC so will only be buying Sidhe's ***le. I'm every excited about it, but do feel to satisfy me it will need to be a good step up from the rugby league series. But I don't think that is unlikely because as people have said, the game will probably be built from the ground up. I think that regardless the union versus league debates, union is a more universally played and followed, and I think there is every incentive for sidhe to make a great new game for the furthering of rugby itself, to make money, and to advance their own credentials as games developers. There is a lot to gain for them.

HB, although most people would prefer more licenses and club teams and all that stuff, there is every reason to be positive about it because I can't see any reason for them to abandon their current game engine they've used - one which is pretty good - unless they've got a better one. I think that rugby 08 was let down by their teatment of a few key areas of the game such as scrums, mauls breakdown etc, but overall as long as they improve even by small margins theres every reason to think their game will be a success.

Reasons to be cheerful about both, though you may describe rugby challenge as a 'wild card' since this is their first union ***le.

Think im waiting for the hb game the most. I would be happy with an updated version of rugby 08 with next gen graphics and just few tweaks in game play. No clubs will be a let down but again game play is key and im sure if this game is a success they may be able to bring another game next year using the same system with more licenses and teams? Sidhe is looking really good too. Multi-year franchise mode, licenses, customization and Grant and justin on the commentary. Been way to long waiting for rugby so cant wait for both!!

Last edited:
If you're interested in usability testing we always welcome new people. Please see this page and its associated discussion thread for details and to ask questions about this.

Regarding which will be best, as Mario has said before, we have no problem with being considered the underdog to HB. We are also a strong team, which constantly works to beat our past performances :)

I remember Mario mentioning something about waiting a while to apply for usability testing; due to the fact that you can only participate once and it's best to wait until there is something closer to the finished product to test.
Is there any sort of indication you can give as to the current progress of the game in this respect..

I remember Mario mentioning something about waiting a while to apply for usability testing; due to the fact that you can only participate once and it's best to wait until there is something closer to the finished product to test.
Is there any sort of indication you can give as to the current progress of the game in this respect..

Yes. The chance of getting to usability test the console versions of Rugby Challenge is pretty much zero at this point. If you held off to aim to test a near final version, you have missed the boat.

However, local people should still sign up to be a candidate to perhaps usability test other Rugby Challenge platforms and future Sidhe ***les.

ok, I know alot thats happening in Rugby Challenge.......
can someone please update me with whats happening with HB studios 2011 rugby world cup.
haven't been on the site for quite a long time.....

Yes. The chance of getting to usability test the console versions of Rugby Challenge is pretty much zero at this point. If you held off to aim to test a near final version, you have missed the boat.

However, local people should still sign up to be a candidate to perhaps usability test other Rugby Challenge platforms and future Sidhe ***les.

Just emailed SIDHE about testing. MARIO Ill tell you straight away if its balls or the shizzle!! Love rugby games, love gaming altogether!! LOOK FOR THE EMAIL FROM "YNUIGUY" :D <_< :rolleyes: ;)

Now a question for the SIDHE team, Milla or Mario, but what I have been told in relation to game engines is that HES provides the funds to produce a game engine,SIDHE make the game engine, with HES funds, so therefore "HES" own it!!?? I maybe way off track here but the reason I say that is because Rugby League Live by BIGANT, with HES as publisher or whatever they were in that situation, pretty much had the same engine!! Even tho SIDHE done all the ground work and built it up!!?? Anything to my wild speculations??????!!!!!!!

Sidhe's engine apparently has some ragdoll or something I heard on their fourms, I can't remember.

Now a question for the SIDHE team, Milla or Mario, but what I have been told in relation to game engines is that HES provides the funds to produce a game engine,SIDHE make the game engine, with HES funds, so therefore "HES" own it!!?? I maybe way off track here but the reason I say that is because Rugby League Live by BIGANT, with HES as publisher or whatever they were in that situation, pretty much had the same engine!! Even tho SIDHE done all the ground work and built it up!!?? Anything to my wild speculations??????!!!!!!!

No, we retain exclusive rights to our technology.

Rugby League Live used a completely different engine by Big Ant. The game was very different from our ***les. If you play RLL back to back with RL3 you'll notice the differences.

No, we retain exclusive rights to our technology.

Rugby League Live used a completely different engine by Big Ant. The game was very different from our ***les. If you play RLL back to back with RL3 you'll notice the differences.

Ok then. RLL was pretty similar tho you have to admit!! So no ice skating in Ruga Chuga?? ;) Also are you tweaking the Rugby League engine for Ruga Chuga or brand spanking new engine!! You been working on it for awhile so hopefully its a new engine!!

Latest posts