• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB Studios or Sidhe?? Predictions on best ***le??

Which ***le do you think will be better??

• Total voters
Is there much of a difference in quality between the Ps3 graphics and the 360 graphics

Not really. PS3 might be considered marginally better because we know how each works under the hood, but the average person would be hard pressed to tell them apart sitting next to each other.

Most of the time when a game is developed multi-format, they're configured to work on the slowest machine of the selection. Ot at least, that seemed to be the case back when it was PS1s up against Dreamcasts.

Wow those are ingame? I thaught they originally were pre-rendered looked a little too good to be true. Will there be much difference in graphics terms between the videos such as walking on the pitch and actual gameplay then Mario? As afaik the video's can be pre-rendered to make em look alot nicer than real time.

Wow those are ingame? I thaught they originally were pre-rendered looked a little too good to be true. Will there be much difference in graphics terms between the videos such as walking on the pitch and actual gameplay then Mario? As afaik the video's can be pre-rendered to make em look alot nicer than real time.

I think people are misunderstanding what prerendered means. If you prerender something then the video is the exact same thing every time. You can't do that with so many different teams in so many different locations with editable lineups.

Everything in our game is rendered in realtime.

Looking back at what I said I see how stupid it was now tbh. Either way those Screenies are pretty awesome

Will buy both obviously. Sidhe being Kiwis may give them the edge....like the sound of the Itm,Super 15 and Franchise mode. How many times can you play the World Cup? Didn't mind the Rugby League games but must admit tapping button to sprint is annoying. I've got a feeling Sidhe will produce a game that will have alot more longevity to it, provided the gameplay is decent (which it will be, based on it's Rugby League games). Been waiting too long for a new Rugby game. Main reason I bought a PS3...the challenge of getting the Waratahs to win Super 15 will be too tempting to pass up.

Not going to vote on this. Not yet at least. Very early days. Hopefully both will be fantastic games in their own right.

im not voting yet...way too early to tell.

At the moment obviously im very undecided. I mean HB have the pedigree and all that. And if im honest, it looks like they might be lazy in the making of the game and it could be an updated version of 08...if thats the case, they could have easily released a rugby game every year then...waiting four years for an updated version is a little frustrating and feel we are being cashed in on. But going by the latest review of their demo..it doesnt sound that way...lets hope it wasnt a biased view. That said the last few rugby games from HB were great to play against your mates but playing solo was very boring at times except for world league. so online play will be great.

Now i dont really care for graphics and all that, as long as its not complete crap. look at jonah Lomu rugby...crap graphics, but its the best rugby game ever made in my opinion and i still play it. And if im being honest, the only reason why im going to buy Sidhes' game is because they have clubs and a franchise mode AND because Jonah is helping out with the game...and we saw how successful the last game he was involved with was. .

Thus I know RWC will be great fun playing with friends and online....im convinced of that....im just hoping single player will be a lot better and harder and not just an updated version of 08 (id feel cheated). Otherwise it will be ace. Now Sidhe is very much up in the air with me, but Jonah being involved is very promising. lets hope its not like their rugby league ***les. If it is, then HB will be top dog, despite lacking in graphics (apparently), licensing and game modes.

I voted HB but have changed my mind and cancelled my preorder. Sod playing with Wales only, I wanna play with my regional team.

What will you do if the Ospreys aren't in Rugby Challenge though?
They haven't announced any NH licenses yet, so for all we know they have only Top 14, or only Aviva, or no clubs and just NH international sides.

They haven't announced any NH licenses yet, so for all we know they have only Top 14, or only Aviva, or no clubs and just NH international sides.

i think they only have the international sides

I will just assess the situation closer to the release date when the teams and gameplay is finalised. I think I can say for most that the game which stands the test of time will be the one with club teams. RWC may be a great game but will be very limited with international sides only.

Since RC is on the PC even if teams are missing they ll be mods to add them in just like people did here for Rugby 08.

It's funny how HB Studios have been so quiet about this ***le for months with no information then along come another developer from nowhere and steals its thunder. Now, the ***le that we've all been looking forward to has been put on the back burner by fans. It must be a wake up call for all developers out there...Don't get lazy.

Been waiting years for a PS3 rugby game and 2 come at once:)

In licensing and other SIDHE undoubtedly done the best job at, in terms of gameplay until they are released both ***les may not know, but be guided by some video flutes to make public soon.

If there's no Osprey team in RC, one could just create them in the in depth create option.

I would be very surprised if we did not see the Heineken cup teams. This game could potentially sell masses to the UK, Irish and French gamers.

I would be very surprised if we did not see the Heineken cup teams. This game could potentially sell masses to the UK, Irish and French gamers.

prepare to be surprised (if that's even possible) as this game will feature the 20 world cup teams.

Latest posts