TRF Lions Podcast Series

Getofmeland

The Dorset Drinker
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
The first in a series of special Lions podcasts is now live and available from the forum homepage. This week, Tom (cYril), Rob, (TRF_Cymro), Iain (TRF_SelimNiai) and Killian (lucky number 7) discuss the Lions captaincy debate and make our picks in some key positions. We also look at what areas the Australians will be dangerous in the upcoming Test Series.

For the various options to listen to the podcast click here

We will be doing regular podcasts throughout the Lions tour, Subscribe through Youtube, iTunes or any other media source to enable you to keep up to date with the series.

Everyone just forgetting that Heaslip is Ireland's captain.

Also pretty sure Brown is the Scotland captain for SelimNiai.

If you enjoy are podcasts make sure to like and share them on our Facebook and Twitter pages

Great podcast lads but Kelly Brown the token Scot? tut tut tut.

Matt+Scott.jpg

If you're talking about the Lions captain you might as well call it the BODcast (Pun it to the limit).

The POCast, surely?

"We're kicking off tonights POCast with..." and other such kick related jokes would be a must.

I was going to make a Robshaw captaincy joke, but that's enough of a joke as it is.

Trolololollol cotroversial

Last edited:
Enjoyed the podcast. Not sure about Cymro leaving Faletau and Phillips out, very controversial :p. I do have similar thoughts about Phillips though, but I'm not fully convinced with any of the other options to leave him out. Care and Youngs are liable to make some big mistakes or simply have off days. Still can't get over that box kick by Care that went backwards against Italy! As for Faletau, I do understand what Cymro is saying again, but for me he's still the best option at the moment. Morgan hasn't got the time to come back into the reckoning imo, and Heaslip hasn't been in the best of form, although could play himself back into the starting position on the tour itself.

For captaincy I'd be happy with AWJ, POC or BOD. I'm a little weary about Robshaw following England's collapse against Wales and Harlequins' no-show against Munster. I wouldn't have him as a starter either as I'd prefer SOB at 6 and Tips/Warbs at 7. I also wouldn't pick Warburton to captain the side. He seemed to play better when the captaincy was removed during the 6 nations, so I'd let him concentrate on playing.

Big thanks to Dull who is podcast sound guy who checks that what I've edited and what the lads have recorded sounds less fuzzy!

Always a fan of a good podcast ill give it a listen tonight