• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Official Millennium Magic Meetup

You could of crashed the night at Matt's I am sure he wouldn't of minded he had a balcony!!!

Did any of Matts flat survive that weekend?

If it's as bad as it sounds, you can all sod off before I try to rearrange the R06 tournament!

Well, the 5 mile exclusion zone around my socks might have made the room look a bit untidy, and the pizza boxes... and Charlie....

As for the PS2 incident... only one person can take responsiblity for that I'm afraid...

I kept the Balcony very tidy...

Just because you and tim were slobs, don't drag me in on it...

Did any of Matts flat survive that weekend?

If it's as bad as it sounds, you can all sod off before I try to rearrange the R06 tournament!
[/b]

The bathroom survived...ironically considering all the pizza's, chinese and alcomohol we drank.

It's sounds as if it's on this time next year. Mite, you've got to come to that one.
More than welcomed to crash at my place.

Although after the weekend we had we should try and do it as often as possible. I mentioned the GB internationals in October, you're all welcome to come up for Saints - Wigan as well. All I need is about 2 days notice. You can come up for the worst game imaginable should you want to.

I'm up for an excursion.
I'd like to go travelling this time.
And i'd love to see (my new adopted team) Saints playing at home.

Give me thte details of the Grand Final.
Where will it be held and what date are we looking at?

Also, do the Saints have a DVD of last seasons performance?
I mean, everything won last season, surely they made a dvd about it, no?

I've also just remembered the Challenge Cup final, which will be held at the NEW Wembley!

Sat August 25th at 2:45pm will that one be.

Grand Final is held at Old Trafford on Saturday October 13th kick off normally at 6:15pm.

The international test between GB and New Zealand (remember to be respectful) is held Saturday November10th at Wigan's JJB Stadium.

I will be definitely at the test match and at the finals if Saints are there, but if you guys want to go to one of the games anyway then I'll be more than happy to go.

For all your Saints needs, visit www.saintssuperstore.com for anything you need. The 2006 season review is knocking about somewhere but it's hard to get it online. I would have no objections to getting it for you from the shop and mailing it down.

Wembley sounds like a plan; If Saints havn't started their pre season games (Hey, I have to watch them against at least one Premiership side next year!) I may just be up for that.

I would be up for that certainly, with a heavy heart admittedly if Saints aren't there. The only problem with that is we would need to pay out for a hotel for the weekend.

...now remind me again, is EasyHotel the hotel that supplies EasyWomen as well?

Well What a weekend I have just had, it has been absolutely fantastic...

Met up with 3 Great Gents and enjoyed a weekend packed full of Rugby League action...

The weeked started on Friday, when I got on a train from good ole Yeovil to Cardiff, a nice boring train journey took place, not much really happend along that... Once I was in Cardiff, I had to meet up with Tim and Dan whose trains were coming in a bit later than mine, Tim was the first to arrive closely followed by Dan...
This is where the first Task of the weekend took place, in finding where Matt worked... So off we went with our massive heavy bags to find Matt's shop, (Good Job I checked where it was first). We eventually found it, and to our suprise and possibly Matt's, he was stood by the door almost as if he was waiting for us to arrive... We were able to drop our bags off there, the next stop was a wonder around cardiff in search for a pub to sit down and chat, this was of course just Dan, Tim and Myself as Matt had to work...
Once Matt had finished we met up with him at the shop, and then walked back to Casa d'Matt. Tim cooked that evening a fantastic Spag Bog and it was bloody gorgeous (Cheers Mate)... Then we sat down to watch a bit of rugby, which was short lived as we had no beer... so off to Tesco's, where we stocked up on Beer, and a HUGE Cream Cake...
We had a good game of Terrorties in the park that evening which was a bloody good laugh, learnt that I couldn't kick for **** and Tim had a radar that caught nearly every ball that came his way... during the end we decided to run it, this is where I sidesteped Matt, to score lol fun times...
Then it was back to Matt's for some Pro Evo 5, Rugby 06 and Brian Lara Cricket...
Some great games of Pro Evo went on, with Tim being crowned the champ of the tournament... the cake was then cut into some huge ass slices and scoffed...

Saturday arrived and it was the first day of Millenium Magic... Matt went off and did some work in the morning while the rest of us slobbed about for a bit before walking into Cardiff to watch some of the Man United vs Man City game... We met up with Matt at 1.30 when he finished and went to grab some food at Pizza Hut, where we met up with lovely Graeme whom flogged us some Cheesy Bites with our 2 large pizzas... (very very very camp)
And then it was down to the Millenium Stadium for the first game of Rugby League... Catalans Vs Harlequins, it didn't look like it was going to be a good game on Paper, but was one of the better games of the weekend really enjoyable the crowd weren't too much behind them tho... The next game was the grudge match that had been mooted all weekend as the game to watch, this was the Hull FC vs Hull KR, after Paul Cooke leaving Hull FC and moving to Hull KR just a couple of weeks ago the tensions were defiently there... Matt met a lovely gentlemen who poked him in the face a couple of times, and also enjoyed having mens head in his groin... rather weird person... (Hull FC fan say no more) it was a good battle and the underdog side winning the battle, which made it even more enjoyable... The final game of the day was the big one for Dan more than anyone else St Helens vs Wigan... this was a local derby that really got the tensions going, but the Saints (my adopted side) soon started to take control of the game, apart from a final couple of minutes come back from wigan, they were no real threat... The best part of this game was the mocking on the Wigan fans (Mutants as they were refered to)...
A Fantastic day and a great way to get into the game... We rushed back to Matt's place to get changed and ready to go out... this is where the evening gets a bit patchy, someone will fill in the blanks tho... We went to Walkabout in Cardiff, which was an interesting place... During the night there was a powercut and I managed to get a chant of DER DER DER DER DER DER, going round the whole place which was very impressive... There was nearly the customary punch up, but it didn't evolve to anything...
We walked back to Matt's and Spent ages chatting in the evening...
Sunday was a case of kind of recovering from the night before, which wasn't as heavy as was first though... We were a bit later moving the morning, after challenging Matt to a game of Pro Evo, the PS2 then decided to break :( which meant I couldn't complete my thrashing of him on it... Once we got moving we went and had a chinesse all you can eat at China China, which was bloody nice, and off to watch the Rugby...
We were a bit late for the first game, which was Huddesfield vs Wakefield, we didn't miss much very very poor game, Wakefield should of been shot to be honest they were that bad... After this game we decided to move to the top tier to get a different angle and it didn't really matter where we were sat to be honest... Salford vs Warrington was an interesting game, but the classed shined through from Warrington, who ripped a sorry Salford apart...
The final game of the weekend was Leeds vs Bradford, which was without a doubt the best game of the weekend, it had it all the chase and the skill and the photo finish (or so it should of been) Leeds chased the game right the way through, and then after a couple of poor decisions they managed to win it just as the hooter went...
We came out of the Millenium shocked but fully entertained, to find it was ******* it down with rain... so walked back to Matt's place and got totally soaked... when back at Matt's we decided to order a Domino's Pizza, once we found out where the nearest one was... While we were deciding what to order we watched an Turtles episode which was great... also attempted to try and fix matt's PS2 without any success... We eventually ordered pizza and waited for the pizza guy to come, when he did he had forgotten our 2 bottles of coke, and left to get them.. The rest of the evening was spent watching family guy episodes and talking about rugby and tramps...
Monday, was the end of our weekend, we eventually got packed up and headed off to Cardiff, said our goodbyes to Matt, and slowly all drifted off on our own little paths...
But all in all a fantastic weekend of rugby and friendship

So Thanks Guys for a Great Weekend...

I think that was one of the many schemes Nelson Mandela found himself signed up for over the weekend....

I don't like how Charlie suggested my thrashing (2-0 down at the time) was a done and dusted deal, with which i could never return...and very curiously forgot to omit the fact that i had previously caned the poor boy 4-1.

:p

Latest posts