• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Posters: Do they lift things? What do they lift?? Let's find out!

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

I'm getting closer and closer to CrossFit with every workout I do these days, desperately need gyms back.

big ginger 8

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Yeah I was trying to find it n all, lying bar-stewards
Be interesting to see how good Bish can get now he's full time on strongman

Supposedly our gyms open 4 weeks on Monday, gonna look like Bambie on ice underneath a bar

Bishop looked superfast there anyway. Really bad organisation on the deathlift, they were told at the athletes meeting they'd have to load their own plates but that was clearly scrapped early on screwing Aivars over.

Lucky ********. I've my next 21 weeks planned out but it's not gonna happen now. Think the original lockdown was three months without the gym can't imagine how low I'm going to have to build up from after 5.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

That flag hoist is gonna be interesting
My old gym had a pulley cardio machine thing, and it was absolute torture

Lucky ********. I've my next 21 weeks planned out but it's not gonna happen now. Think the original lockdown was three months without the gym can't imagine how low I'm going to have to build up from after 5.
Yeah I was only starting hit pre-Rona numbers when the Christmas lockdown hit, so it's gonna be back to square one again
Might use it as an opportunity to completely change up my plan etc.

big ginger 8

International
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Ridiculous time from Professor Hulk.

Really happy Tom Stoltman isn’t playing for Scotland tomorrow.

living sacrifice

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

So glad I bought some weights and have been smashing it this whole time. Strength and mass levels looking good. Home weights are a must at the moment

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

So glad I bought some weights and have been smashing it this whole time. Strength and mass levels looking good. Home weights are a must at the moment
I managed to get an elliptical from Decathlon on the day that lockdown was leaked (and a good job I did because they're still sold out now)
Only thing keeping me sane atm, ha (plus only thing keeping the lockdown snacking in check) - would love some weights but can't justify how much they cost, because I'll still use the elliptical when gym's are open but weights would be shoved to the back of a wardrobe somewhere

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

I managed to get an elliptical from Decathlon on the day that lockdown was leaked (and a good job I did because they're still sold out now)
Only thing keeping me sane atm, ha (plus only thing keeping the lockdown snacking in check) - would love some weights but can't justify how much they cost, because I'll still use the elliptical when gym's are open but weights would be shoved to the back of a wardrobe somewhere
I picked up a couple slam balls and couldn't recommend them more, have got an insane amount of use out of them. A few workouts online are absolutely killer. I'm definitely not losing muscle and building core fairly nicely. I'd say strength levels are dropping but not as badly as they could.

living sacrifice

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

I think I’ve spent around £300 in total on like changeable DBs 0-20 kg pair, then a pair of 30kg solid ones and then some Olympic size DBs and 42kg of weight for each one.

That lot, a pull up bar and then I use a kitchen chair for some exercises and a wooden bench we have in the house for other stuff. I’m not sure I’ll go back to the gym to be honest, it’s great a can get a workout in at lunch or early before work.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

I'm as weak as a little babby but God it's good to be back lifting weights again

Latest posts