• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF revamp - your thoughts

good work on the changes site looks a lot more modern and fresh now. I do have one complaint though, the black trf logo thing that is being used does not look good with the blue used throughout the site. the contrast between them is just too harsh. I would recommend a different shade of one of the two if these colours must be used together.

I dont know if its my browser but its quite a long time for pages to load. Theres a shitload of errors (42) through my firefox from just this thread .

"image_resizer is not defined"??????

^ Yeah, I have a problem with the Add Reply not loading, so I can only use fast reply. I am just putting it down to beginning bugs and will give it a few days, growing pains?

I've also just noticed that the voting polls and lastet post menu/GUI down the righthand side of the very front page overlap the blogs introduction writing quite a bit (Same thing Speedy was talking about?).
Also when you reply, I see there is a new format/inferface where you type the post in. What code or inferface (don't the right word for it) is? It doesn't show up on Opera Mini v4.1 (the latest version). Can you give the format name so i can get a mobile browser that supports it.
One more thing is that when you click on the lastet post menu/GUI it brings you to the 1st post and not the lastest post.

I think the reason why everything is overlapping in Opera Mini is because the resolution for that is fixed at something like 800 x 600.

Your best bet for getting full support for this would be to use a webkit based browser like the Nokia Browser for example. The problem with that is that you'd have to turn all the images off because it'll run out of memory really quickly.

If you must use Opera Mini, please select the "Lo-Fi Version" option which is located at the VERY BOTTOM of the page in the middle of a dark purple bar.

EDIT: as for the error codes and parts not working, I've posted this via Add Reply just now, I think these are just growing pains as BLR said which will need working on.

The latest posts, polls and who's online to the right are all overlapping the front page articles for me too. That's on both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. I'm sure it'll be an easy fix once identified.

Thanks Prestwick, I should of been more specific, I was at an internet cafe when i saw polls and stuff overlapping.
Also can someone tell me the new format/interface used to post? Lo-fi is horrible! Lol

Can you guys tell me what screen resolution your monitors were at when you viewed the site? That way we can alter the front page.

The screen resolution is important here and I understand that even in the UK there are Internet Cafes in hostels or Libraries which have PCs still running at a resolution of 800x600 or 1024x768 for example.

EDIT: AFAIK under testing, it stops overlapping at a resolution of 1280x960.

FURTHER EDIT: Okay, I've gone over the settings and its now rendering acceptably for those whose resolution is at 1280x960.

One way to solve the problems of overlapping is to close the right hand toolbar. Yup, the right hand toolbar is "collapsable" and if you click the ***les (for example just click "latest posts from the rugby forum" it will collapse into itself and suddenly open up acres of brower real estate. Do this with the rest of the toolbars on the right hand side and it will open the overlapped information that was hidden for those using the site at resolutions 1024x768.

I'm getting logged out constantly of the forum, and it tends to be if i use a control menu (rep, inbox etc) i just got it from another topic as i was about to reply to this thread. It can be AOL, but i didn't have it on the old site. It's not a problem, but it's annoying.. although i am 100% certain it is AOL, as i get it on other similar forums.

Front page is pretty confusing but otherwise its fine. Thought it was pretty good before exept some of the out of date pictures.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Aug 25 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Front page is pretty confusing but otherwise its fine. Thought it was pretty good before exept some of the out of date pictures.[/b]

If you could point out the out of date pics, I will sort them out... Cos we have moved the location of the forum, we are still experiencing problems with images...

Also I have now fixed the latest posts, its not the best but it will do for the time being, I would like this to be linked to the user group, but I am unable to find anything at the mo...

The Tri-Nations table in the 2008 Tri-nations area appears to have gooooooone!!!!

Hey smartcooky, you seem to be good at getting results out of Charlie. So:

The Super League table appears to have gooooooooooooooooooooone!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Aug 25 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey smartcooky, you seem to be good at getting results out of Charlie. So:

The Super League table appears to have gooooooooooooooooooooone![/b]

Done

If we request help with something, do we have to say it like the Scottish referee out of Gladiators?

<Charlie> TRF Front page you will go on my first whistle, TRF Forum, you will go on my second whistle....

Feel free to do so. But if you're talking about rep you have to sound like Hulk Hogan.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 25 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If we request help with something, do we have to say it like the Scottish referee out of Gladiators?

<Charlie> TRF Front page you will go on my first whistle, TRF Forum, you will go on my second whistle....[/b]

:lol2tn:

Class one!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Aug 26 2008, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can you guys tell me what screen resolution your monitors were at when you viewed the site? That way we can alter the front page.

The screen resolution is important here and I understand that even in the UK there are Internet Cafes in hostels or Libraries which have PCs still running at a resolution of 800x600 or 1024x768 for example.

EDIT: AFAIK under testing, it stops overlapping at a resolution of 1280x960.

FURTHER EDIT: Okay, I've gone over the settings and its now rendering acceptably for those whose resolution is at 1280x960.

One way to solve the problems of overlapping is to close the right hand toolbar. Yup, the right hand toolbar is "collapsable" and if you click the ***les (for example just click "latest posts from the rugby forum" it will collapse into itself and suddenly open up acres of brower real estate. Do this with the rest of the toolbars on the right hand side and it will open the overlapped information that was hidden for those using the site at resolutions 1024x768.[/b]

Screen resolution was exactly what was the problem for me. I was running 1024x768. With my 19" CRT screen, that was the best for me. Everything looks smaller at 1152x864, but nothing overlaps. So, I may just have to get used to this, lol.

Latest posts