• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Rugby Magazine Show

D

DNAPlay

Howdi Everyone

As none of you know, I work in radio, and by right am thus involved in the media industry. A colleague and i have decided on an experiment of sorts, in which we are going to record a "rugby discussion show", which we will post on YouTube. We have a rough draft of how the show will work, but the basic premise is a birds eye view of rugby lovers sitting around a pub discussing the sport they love, albeit with an element of hosting/Q&A etc. We want to get the first segment recorded by Friday, just in time for the World Cup. Obviously the content will be South African orientated, but we'll include as much international flavour as possible. Luckily, with my job, I've had regular dealings with past and present players, both South African and international, a few of whom I've kept in contact with. If, (admittedly a big "if") the show were to capture a cult following, we may be able to entice said players to join us for a chat. As said, this is just looking at the bigger picture, but I'd much rather aim high, as I'm fortunate enough to have the facilities in which to make this happen.

The reason for my essay, is that i'd like to get TRF involved. As it's undoubtedly my favourite rugby site, I'd like TRF to act as the offcial forum for the "show", where viewers can discuss it, make suggestions, slag it off, or even, submit possible questions for possible guests (I'm aiming high remember). Would you guys be keen, and more importantly, getofmeland and friends, would you be happy with this?

Media and rugby are two things that I am most passionate about, and this is purely an experiment for now, but suggestions are most welcome, such as gimmicks for the show etc.

I eagerly await your feedback

Cheers

D

Sounds like an idea which could work, although it would almost be directly competing with the podcast. We can definately trial it if you can give us a sample show to test out.

You have my Permission to promote this place and if it proves popular, i will be more than willing to create you a discussion area on the board :D

If this does work and there is time to work on it, would it be prudent to switch gracefully from the podcast to this 'vodcast' via youtube idea? With DNA's idea, it might reach many more people than with the infuriating iTunes podcast listings!

I think its a splendid idea.

Thanks guys for your positive feedback - we're delaying recording until next week, so that we can review the matches played, as opposed to previewing them. Nothing irks me more than ppl presuming what will happen.

Thanks guys for your positive feedback - we're delaying recording until next week, so that we can review the matches played, as opposed to previewing them. Nothing irks me more than ppl presuming what will happen.

[/b]
So what are we to presume about your show?
Oh, wait, you hate that, my bad.

;)

This better not mean the end of the TRF podcast, coz that show was becoming legendary.

It's official - we'll record tomorrow night, meaning it will hopefully be up by Thursday lunchtime.

Will keep you all posted...

And yep, like St Helen's said, this is a project in which everyone can contribute.

Cheers

D

Latest posts