• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Trf team of tournament

I'm glad NZ lost............ they ruined my pick so far. :pThey picked my 2nd row of choice so far at 6,then preceded to take him off at half time. Itoje put one of the best 2nd row performances I've seen in a while so he now gets thrown into the mix. I was joking about him in the SA thread but Jake Ball has been consistently pretty good so far for Wales, no blinding performances but he's been a solid 7/10 every game so far.

For tighthead prop I think sinckler has stood out for his carrying but also his role as first receiver. I don't think any other side uses a prop as a distributing first receiver like England have.

So in TRF team of Tournament my choice for 15 is
B. Barrett.
Have to say underwhelmed by full backs in general so no real debate.

When is the deadline for selection as I'm currently in a real quandary about Curry or PSDT at 6?

Dupont the clear winner for me, no other scrumhalf came close.

Faf did pretty well in a role he wasn't particularly suited for, both Welsh options had decent tournaments, and Aaron Smith showed his ability at times. Can't say I was as impressed by Nagare as others, he was fine but far from exceptional. Other than that.... meh. Murray was good against Scotland and then s****, much like Ireland.

Im still gonna giver underhill the nomination.

kolisi would win captain of the tournament but he just wasn't as much of a wow factor as underhill. Don't wanna knock underhill for a game where he played well but his team got dominated. He was dynamite in every other game.

Sure

tenor.gif

What is that? :confused:
In case you're serious... it's the term for your classical French scrum half. Where as the 10 generally runs the tempo and the plays for most sides, in France it tends to be the 9, which through some serendipitous stroke of coincidence aligns perfectly with the most famous angry small French fellow Napoleon himself.

Was a great tournament. Came here for a list of peoples RWC XV. But I see yall did individual players.. thats awesome too. Heres my RWC XV.(I picked some from minnows, dont kill me)
1. Mtawarira
2. Horie
3. Sinckler
4. Itoje
5. Snyman
6. Kolisi(Really wanted to put Curry but, Kolisi was captain of tournament to me)
7. Underhill
8. Savea

9. De Klerk(Had a good game in the final that convinced me, or it wouldnt been Dupont)

10. Pollard(No one really stood out and he landed difficult penalties to keep the scoreboard ticking in the final)

11. Radradra(Honestly the best 11 of the tournament to me)
12. De Allende(Consistent throughout)
13. Ringrose(Initially had Tuilagi, but he went missing in the final, great talent but too inconsistent)
14. Kolbe(His try in the Final was brilliant work and cemented this for me or I would have gone with Penaud)
15. Barrett(No one really stood out at 15 either but Barrett was instrumental in alot of what NZ did and was the most consistent of all the 15s)

Still digesting that final, Ford may have played himself out of contention and Pollard may have played himself in. This is tough.

Still a couple of others too.

Was a great tournament. Came here for a list of peoples RWC XV. But I see yall did individual players.. thats awesome too. Heres my RWC XV.(I picked some from minnows, dont kill me)
1. Mtawarira
2. Horie
3. Sinckler
4. Itoje
5. Snyman
6. Kolisi(Really wanted to put Curry but, Kolisi was captain of tournament to me)
7. Underhill
8. Savea

9. De Klerk(Had a good game in the final that convinced me, or it wouldnt been Dupont)

10. Pollard(No one really stood out and he landed difficult penalties to keep the scoreboard ticking in the final)

11. Radradra(Honestly the best 11 of the tournament to me)
12. De Allende(Consistent throughout)
13. Ringrose(Initially had Tuilagi, but he went missing in the final, great talent but too inconsistent)
14. Kolbe(His try in the Final was brilliant work and cemented this for me or I would have gone with Penaud)
15. Barrett(No one really stood out at 15 either but Barrett was instrumental in alot of what NZ did and was the most consistent of all the 15s)

I thought of all the English players Itoje and Underhill performed best out of a retreating pack. So I agree with your pack aside from no8, though not entirely sure who I'd pick.

Ford was under pressure and got constant poor ball, so I wouldn't let his final performance rule him out.

Over the whole tournament I would pick Tuilagi over ringrose too.

Latest posts