• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF's Top Ten Games of All Time

10. Operation (N64)
9. Ludo (Xbox)
8. Screwball Scramble (TG-16 CD)
7. Yahtzee (Snes)
6. Hungry Hungry Hippos (Sega Master System)
5. Snakes and Ladders (N64)
4. Buckaroo (Megadrive)
3. Monopoly (Megadrive)
2. Chess (N64)
1. Jenga (Arcade)

hehe

10. Fifa 98 (PC)
9. Football Manager 2006 (PC)
8. COD 2 (PC)
7. Elastomania (PC)
6. GTA 3 (PC)
5. Doom 2 (PC)
4. Jonah Lomu Rugby (PS1)
3. Super Mario Bros. (Snes)
2. International Rugby League (PC)
1. Tetris (Snes)

Damn that was hard one, I don't think I got all my favourites in there but the important ones are there. [/b]

International Rugby League over Jonah Lomu Rugby? I mean, it's a good game, but come on!

Keeping in mind this is a best of and not necessarily the most influential list here are my picks.

<div align="left">
  1. Paperboy (Multiformat)
  2. Half Life 2 (PC)
  3. Tetris (SNES)
  4. The Sims (PC)
  5. World of Warcraft (PC)
  6. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
  7. Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic (Multiformat)
  8. Pokemon Yellow/Blue/Red (Gameboy)
  9. Doom (PC)
  10. Lemmings (Multiformat)
I'm pretty sure more of those are multi-format, but meh...that'll do.

I could probably make 3 or 4 different top 10 lists....Super Mario/Mario series, Final Fantasy series, Deus Ex, Banjo Kazooie, Gran Turismo, Golden Eye, Resident Evil, GTA, Shenmue, MGS, Age of Empires etc... (Come to think of it, maybe they should all be in my top 10?!)
</div>

10. Call of Duty 4 (PS3)
9. Doom (PC)
8. Defender (Arcade)
7. Tomb Raider (PS1)
6. Fifa 2005 (PS2)
5. Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)
4. Madden 2001 (PS2)
3. Unreal Tournament (PC)
2. Golden Eye (N64)
1. Street Fighter II (Arcade)

<div class='quotemain'> 10. Fifa 98 (PC)
9. Football Manager 2006 (PC)
8. COD 2 (PC)
7. Elastomania (PC)
6. GTA 3 (PC)
5. Doom 2 (PC)
4. Jonah Lomu Rugby (PS1)
3. Super Mario Bros. (Snes)
2. International Rugby League (PC)
1. Tetris (Snes)

Damn that was hard one, I don't think I got all my favourites in there but the important ones are there. [/b]

International Rugby League over Jonah Lomu Rugby? I mean, it's a good game, but come on!
[/b][/quote]
Lol well I was hooked on IRL more, mainly because of the club comps

My bad could somone change my number 1 pic to Street Fighter 2? To whoevers tallying up the points.

1. Street Fighter 2 (Arcade)
2. Jonah Lomu Rugby (PS1)
3. Crash Bandicoot (PS1)
4. Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (PS1)
5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PS1)
6. Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
7. International Track & Field 2000 (PS1)
8. Mario Kart 64 (Nin-64)
9. Gears of War (Xbox 360)
10. Bioshock (Xbox 360)

1. Counter Strike PC
2. Jonah Lomu Rugby PS
3. Metal Gear Solid 1 PS
4. GTA 3 PC
5. Crash Team Racing PS
6. Team buddies PS
7. Chess PC
8. WoW
9. TF2 PC
10. Alex the Kid Sega

1. Call of Duty 4
2. Half Life 2
3. Duke Nukem 3D
4. Medal of Honor
5. Rainbow Six Vegas
6. Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
7. Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed
8. Rugby 06/08 - Same game really.. :(
9. Brial Lara Cricket (From 99 I think it was)
10. Atomic Bomberman

1. Warcraft 2 (PC)
2. Jonah Lomu Rugby (PS1) <====almost made me fail high school
3. Quake 2 (PC)
4. Street Fighter 2 (SNES)
5. ET's Rugby League (AMIGA)
6. Starcraft (PC)
7. Baldurs Gate (PC)
8. Speedball 2 (AMIGA)
9. Aliens vs Predator 2 (PC)
10. Battlefield 1942 (PC)

All these game except Baldurs Gate are on this list for the sheer amount of fun they have provided from playing multiplayer.

Here is my list, pardon me if I drone for a while but I thought a detailed description as to why they in the list wouldn't be a bad idea.

10. Jonah Lomu Rugby (PS1)
Some memorable gameplay matched with some less memorable graphics, but as it was made for the PS1 we can forgive the publishers for handing us the king of rugby games.
9. Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
Sweet ass cars alongside sweet ass graphics could only lead us to PGR2. Probably the best in the series despite PGR3 and PGR4 having obviousley nicer graphics and some great tracks to race on...the online racing was supreme and kept me going for months.
8. Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox)
I didn't play much of this little number online as I was more into Halo 2 at the time, which is not intended to bash Tom Clancey in anyway whatsover. It was the storyline and addictive gameplay that got me hooked, lets hope for a better RS after Vegas 2 proved quite...dissapointing.
7. Gears Of War (X360)
This baby was a huge hit for Microsoft, all over the world with users still tuning in for some great online gameplay today! The graphics where schwweeet to say the least, and the story wern't too bad either.
6. Guitar Hero 3 (X360)
The highly anticipated GH3 was a sure fire hit with the musical rythmn crowd, with there being a cool ass setlist applying to both the younger and older generation, but on the other hand it lacked some spark in the DLC section, with DLC becoming available "every now and again" at extreme prices it kinda provides a kick in the teeth to the GH3 fanbase. It was a great ***le but the lack of dazzle and shazaam with the DLc leaves this ***le in the number 6 spot...sorry Activision.
5. Halo 3 (X360)
Well, what can I say? Was it better than Halo 2? What's with the ending? Does that suit really make Master chief look fat? Well, I can certainly say it is a great feast for hardcore Halo fans with a vast array of online modes to choose from with millions tuning in a week, I still remember seeing well over 700,000 people playing on release night. The story being slightly...different to what Io expected it to be, still nonetheless it appeals to millions around the world so it can't be that bad a game.
4. Guitar Hero 2 (X360)
Great tracklist and nice smooth graphics secure the number 4 spot for this genius musical rythmn game, the only thing missing is online multiplayer but hey ho, this thing is a classic and cannot be thrown in the bin...the Xplorer controller makes it a tad difficult..:)P)
3. Halo 2 (Xbox) Classic online multiplayer defeates Halo 3 hands down! The graphics being shinier in Halo 3 doesn't mean it's a better game than Halo 2. The online modes and story IMO where a lot more fun to play. Don't get me wrong, I wreckon Halo 3 was a beast but, Halo 2 was bigger.
2. Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (X360)
One of the best FPS of all time, with an addictive XP ranking system and nice graphics along with some cool maps make this a nice ass game. The plot was a bit dim but it doesn't take anything away from this little gem.
1. Rock Band (X360)
Here it is! My current all time favourite taking the Xbox 360 Centerstage! ROCK BAND! Drums are challenging yet insanely fun with the addition of an awesome finger shredding guitar and pro looking microphone. This ***le has everything...a tracklist of 71 mint tunes, weekly DLC averaging 6-7 songs a week with the odd album here and there...at the moment an amazing 181 songs are available for download for both Xbox 360 and PS3 users, bringing the total amount playable to 239. When you have finished drooling over outburst of awesome...you have the added sweetness of Rock Band 2 due for release in September. Backward compatability of the music DLC ensure you won't have to play disc swapping when wanting to play tunes from both ***les, all in all it was announced at a recent E3 event that the total amount of songs available with DLC and Rock Band 1 and 2 etc will reach an amazing 500 by fall of 2008. excellent periphials and smooth yet fun graphics make this unmissable. This ***le applies to the serious gamer along with the fun gamer, it has shipped over 3 million bundles worldwide and 15 milllion songs have been downloaded by fans of the genre all over the world , thats a heck of a lot of MS points!.
This kick ass game pi**es all over The Guitar Hero franchise and deserves its countless number of awards.

10/10!

I know most of them are pretty recent, and some of them would probably fall out of the top ten with years to come but that is my current list of games I adore and find memorable.

It's quite tough to decide which one is the best but I don't think number 1 gets a shout even though it was a good game at the time, online multiplayer is almost required in games today to become successful.

10. JLR (PS1) - Greatest rugby game of all time. Nothing else has even gone close because of the flawed presentation.
9. Toca World Touring Cars (PS1) - Spent so many hours wishing I was a touring car driver... GO THE HOLDENS!
8. FF8 (ps1) - Better experience then FF7 for me. Still never finished it but very addictive utill **** gets weird.
7. NFL2k5 (ps2) - One of the best American sports games i have played. still playing to this day!
6. Call Of Duty 4 - What else is there to say??
5. Counter Strike (PC) - Ahhh cant beat a game of 1.6
4. Quake 2 (PC) - Fav FPS of all time. OMG I loved this game soo much! BETTER THEN ANY HALO CRAP!
3. Red Alert 1 (PC) - Bench mark RTS. classic multiplayer!
2. GTA: Vice City (PS2) - I felt as though I was Tommy by the end of this game! Best atmosphere and still beat the crap outa GTA:SA
1. World of Warcraft (PC) - Yeah I Play this game. and Im good! what you gona do bout it?? 10million people cant be wrong! come join me on Aman'Thul Server!

Oh god damn, I forgot all about Whacky Wheels, Midtown Madness 2, Cannon Fodder and of all things, Crimson Skies!!!

Oh god damn, I forgot all about Whacky Wheels, Midtown Madness 2, Cannon Fodder and of all things, Crimson Skies!!![/b]

I said 10 was not enough...
[/b]
And 20 is too much. If you want to create a spin-off thread then be my guest. I just wanted to have an air of officiallity (is that even a word?) about the final list. :(

HAHA! wacky wheels takes me back... shooting hedgehogs at that stuuupid camel i was always the sharks good times

Latest posts