• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tri Nations: Springboks - All Blacks @ Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium (20-8-2011, 15:05)

It just seems there is a ton of inconsistency from the referee. I think the only call he hasn't made against the All Blacks when he should have was the forward pass from Jimmy. Adam Tompson was penalised for coming in the side of the ruck, which was a bad call in my eyes because when he committed to the blowover he went directly over Toeava, but momentum from the tackle was still turning Toeava at the time and once Thompson had already gone over, he ended up being inches to the side of Toeava.
In almost every ruck you see the Springbok loosies coming in the side.
Plenty more to talk about, half time analysis is on.

Well a very interesting first half....

The Boks have taken every opportunity and their defence had been huge at times, but they have also been carved up on several occasions, lots of positives and if they hang on for the win it will be a great platform for them to launch thier World Cup campaign from, I must say all the team are looking several degrees sharper than last week against the Aussies.

The Blacks, Finishing Finishing Finishing... actually for all the lack of finishing it's a hell of a good performance considering how many new combinations are out there. I think Weepu on for Cowan will make a difference, Jimmy is looking a little slow on delivery even for him. But unless they have a huge second half I don't think either Gear or SBW are going to the world cup.

Stand outs: for SA Morne Steyn for NZ Israel Dagg

Lucky All Blacks for not getting yellow card for that tackle by Kahui.

right decision..wrong reason

The TMO is not allowed to adjudicate on actions before the try line... the linesman should have seen and called that.

Is the TMO SA? because lol....

EDIT: Also will he get reviewed because of that?

Lucky All Blacks for not getting yellow card for that tackle by Kahui.

lol really??... i think the law is if your hips come higher than your shoulders... and Du Preez was dumped on his ass not his head...

Did you see the no arm shoulder charge earlier?... No comment??

too many dropped balls near the try line lol

Thompson just penalised for not releasing Habana, immediately after Habana didn't release Ellis. WTF?..
Thompson has been a damn liability for us today.

SA didn't play great, the AB were awful... It looked like the forwards were afraid to keep the ball in hand. Brussow man of the match IMO

Well, South Africans will be very happy today and so they should be. The All Blacks threw plenty at the Springboks and showed some real class, but they failed really badly at finishing, I think they dropped the ball just before the try line on five occassions, could be more. Alot of opportunities they just couldn't execute and come away with the points.

Stand out "stupidity" moments were when Whitelock tried to steal the ball from the ruck 5 metres from the line and the ruck had been formed already for quite some time[not to mention he had a couple players on him], Thompson breaking off when the Boks got a tighthead and he tried to take the ball whilst Spies still had it in the scrum[he should get dropped from the All Blacks for that indiscretion alone], The forward pass from Slade to Kahui, along with his silly pass which got intercepted by Pietersen who was pretty much standing still in line with the player Slade was trying to pass to. PUTTING ANDY ELLIS ON[it's personal lol], Giving Cory Jane less than 15mins.

Disappointed Slade didn't have a good game, wondering what the result would have been if he played better.
Thompson as well gave the boks a lot of points. So many breaks haha, was so frustrating to see the AB's hardly convert.

EDIT: Oh and why isn't Hosea impressive anymore *sadface*

Kaino just summed it up for me...

"We got penalised quite a bit and Kevy[Mealamu] went over to ask what it was for so we could try to counter it but we never got told anything"

So South Africa start with the TRF Shield and they finish with it too :p

Boring game but a win's a win, congrats to the Boks

Disappointed Slade didn't have a good game, wondering what the result would have been if he played better.
Thompson as well gave the boks a lot of points. So many breaks haha, was so frustrating to see the AB's hardly convert.

EDIT: Oh and why isn't Hosea impressive anymore *sadface*

I ask the same question... I didn't even want him to start tonight, just knowing we have left behind 9 of our front liners and we have a player like Cory Jane sitting on the bench for Gear who has been highly unimpressive this season

Latest posts