• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

U20s Six Nations

Needs to ensure there is enough blockers around the ruck. One of Youngs' biggest failings too at times.

Needs to ensure there is enough blockers around the ruck. One of Youngs' biggest failings too at times.
Yes - comminication is key there; though his technique for the box is also pretty lazy - plenty for him to work on.

TMO has a bee in his bonet over that?
Pulling the hair? FFS.

We have killed so many great chances this tournament with atrocious passing / handling. Can get away with being gym monkeys at this level but once these become seniors they need to be doing those basics much better.

We have killed so many great chances this tournament with atrocious passing / handling. Can get away with being gym monkeys at this level but once these become seniors they need to be doing those basics much better.
Good theory but... we're not, and never have been, big gym monkeys at this level

I dunno,
We've never necessarily looked like bodybuilders like the South African age grades do, but quite a few years we've just outmuscled the opposition and are rarely the smaller side
Though we're also pretty consistently the most experienced side (as in they've got a lot more senior rugby under their belts) so could be down to that in an arm wrestle

So assuming England go onto win, Ireland need a BP win against France and hope Italy beat England by more than 7 and without England getting 4 tries, and then have a better points difference?

I dunno,
We've never necessarily looked like bodybuilders like the South African age grades do, but quite a few years we've just outmuscled the opposition and are rarely the smaller side
Though we're also pretty consistently the most experienced side (as in they've got a lot more senior rugby under their belts) so could be down to that in an arm wrestle
That's the stereotype - I don't recall it being an accurate one in the last decade or so.
I do remember a match against Wales about a decade ago when Jiffy just kept complaining about how much bigger and heaver the Englash lads were, and that's why Wales didn't stand a chance - until they showed the stats that Wales were about half a stone per man heavier and IIRC 1 or 2 of the English players were actually bigger than their Welsh counterpart.

I think it's just one of those things that "everyone knows" and isn't actually correct.

Yellow right decision. However, what was ref on about the team yellow. Foul play shouldn't cancel the team warning out.

Wales were right in it..... up to the 3rd minute.
When your set piece is getting demolished that badly your never going to win. A few players did look ok in patches but nowhere good enough in all facets of play.

Wales were right in it..... up to the 3rd minute.
When your set piece is getting demolished that badly your never going to win. A few players did look ok in patches but nowhere good enough in all facets of play.
Discipline has been pretty shocking too. I know they're young and the refs aren't the greatest (that applies to both teams obviously) but still, not good enough.

Discipline has been pretty shocking too. I know they're young and the refs aren't the greatest (that applies to both teams obviously) but still, not good enough.
I noticed the Welsh team have stood out this year for how much they are involved in handbags and scrapping afterwards, it's happened in all their games.

Latest posts