• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

U20s Six Nations

I noticed the Welsh team have stood out this year for how much they are involved in handbags and scrapping afterwards, it's happened in all their games.
Been a frustrating campaign for them I guess. They're meant to be a young team as well apparently though how true that actually is I don't know, it's something our coach said after Ireland smashed us.

Been a frustrating campaign for them I guess. They're meant to be a young team as well apparently though how true that actually is I don't know, it's something our coach said after Ireland smashed us.
Don't think so, they were at it in the Italy game too where they won.

E6GWBTVWQAE3BlQ.jpeg

Been an odd competition for England.
Some really promising players but at the same time I disliked how little rotation has been.

No one in the back 5 of the scrum for me has stood out. (Which is odd)
Some promising backs

Riley and Relton prob had the best 6N's for England.

Could see Relton getting some game time for Exeter with Cuthbert not being replaced from outside

Very strong from Osborne, will be interesting to see if he ends up at fullback or in the centre.

Lovely worked try, much needed because the momentum has all been with France the last 10.

Woeful lack of backfield cover and then switching off for the penalty. Still a well deserved lead for France.

If one/two stand out players could be picked from each team, who would you go for?

I'd suggest Sheridan and Doak have looked pretty much a class above for Ireland

If one/two stand out players could be picked from each team, who would you go for?

That's harder for Wales as it's not exactly been a great campaign and no one has made me stand up and think wow (like Costelow did against England a couple of years ago)

One that springs to mind is Deaves but he only played the first game against Italy then got injured then was on the bench against Scotland in the last game, came on then got a red card for a eye gouge (which I think was unintentional so a bit unlucky for him but there you go) but he did look impressive in the mins he got.

I don't really want to say Costelow or Hawkins as they've been getting minutes for their regions so other than them I would say Mann our captain looks tidy and while Carwyn Tuipolotu never got a chance to impose himself as we got dicked on in all the games he does look a very good carrier. Can't remember his name but our hooker looked good in the last game too.

TLDR - No one really. We looked a bit ****.

I can't remember individual performances too well so I'll go for ones I feel I remember seeing doing good things, Sam Riley and Jack van Poortvliet.
Bristol's South African lock looked good, but he's not eligible to play for England for a few more years (which is why it's such a **** take he was even in the squad)

Can you qualify for 20s through just playing club rugby in the country? Might have missed a memo on this one.
Yes, as it doesn't tie you to a country, there's no eligibility criteria (other than age and gender) - so you typically play for your local if they'll have you as it's just easier all round.

Think Kendellen has been the big one, but I would say that as a Munster fan. Mix of his captaincy and what a dog he is impressed me. So willing to carry and made so many turnovers. I think he might struggle with his power in carrying a bit but he's only young.

After that Doak looks pro ready easily. Can really do it all. Doesn't need to put on size as an already hefty nine obviously and can break games open.

Osborne was really impressive too and will be playing in the URC next year.

Soroka on athletic ability alone will have a good career all going well. Super explosive, can play a few positions and will probably put on a few KG going forward.

Think a good few other lads will have pretty good careers as well. Talented group with plenty of ability who mostly lost out in the physical side of things. Back three and back row were both pretty good units. Two props Illo and Saunderson will need to improve on the technical aspects, but they're worth a good look.