Ulster v Leinster

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Ulster.png
V
Leinster.png
</div>

Plenty of changes to the Leinster side for the top of the table clash at Ravenhill. Gordon D'Arcy is back to partner O'Driscoll, who skippers the side in Cullen's absence. Dempsey and Nacewa are in on the wing for Horgan and Fitzgerald, Berne and Keane start at half back. McCormack is in the front row and Toner starts in the second row alongside Hines with McLaughlin also starting having been on the bench at Brive.

Ulster rest Paddy Wallace and Stephen Ferris yet again misses out, he's had **** all game time so he'll be struggling to get a start against Australia if he misses out next weekend. Whitten into the backline is the only change from the Edinburgh game while in the pack Tamaiti Horua, Nigel Brady, Dan Tuohy and Chris Henry all start.

Hard to call given all the changes but no Wallace and Ferris for Ulster is probably a bigger loss than all the changes for Leinster.

Ulster: Clinton Schifcofske; T Nagusa, D Cave, I Whitten, A Trimble; I Humphreys, I Boss; T Court, N Brady, BJ Botha, D Tuohy, R Caldwell, T Horua, W Faloon, C Henry.

Replacements: A Kyriacou, B Young, E O'Donoghue, R Diack, P Marshall, N O'Connor, S Danielli.

Leinster: R Kearney; G Dempsey, B O'Driscoll, G D'Arcy, I Nacewa; S Berne, C Keane; R McCormack, B Jackman, M Ross, D Toner, N Hines, K McLaughlin, S O'Brien, J Heaslip.

Replacements: J Fogarty, CJ van der Linde, M O'Kelly, S Keogh, S Keogh, J Sexton, L Fitzgerald.

Referee: Andrew Small (RFU).

Oh Jesus Berne at 10 again, spose he cant do any worse then last time.

A lot of first teamers being rested so I'm surprised that VanDe Linde isnt given a start. Maybe its too early.

Well looking at how the Welsh and English players are falling like Skittles it seems to be working okay.

we're not exactly immune ourselves with Ferris and Flannery not looking too good to make the Australian match.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 23 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
S Berne, R McCormack[/b]
Oh ****. At least Van Der Linde and Sexton are on the bench in case they screw up.

I've no problem with Berne in the centre but he seems an inadequate flyhalf. I'd much rather see Ian McKinley or even Isa Nacewa given a run in the 10 shirt.

Who'll be Leinster's placekicker?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Oct 23 2009, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 23 2009, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
S Berne, R McCormack[/b]
Oh ****. At least Van Der Linde and Sexton are on the bench in case they screw up.

I've no problem with Berne in the centre but he seems an inadequate flyhalf. I'd much rather see Ian McKinley or even Isa Nacewa given a run in the 10 shirt.

Who'll be Leinster's placekicker?
[/b][/quote]

Berne. He's done it already in pre-season and in the league and Europe.

Not sure what the story is with tv coverage for this one, tv listings say it's on Setanta 1 but I think they said Setanta Ireland on the Hub last weekend.

16-14 to ulster according to the internets. Didnt see a bit of it, but its on Setanta ireland at midnight tonight. May give it a look.

This could have been a good game if the IRFU didnt ruin it. Didnt get to see Wallace vs D'Arcy or Humphreys vs Sexton. Shame.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 24 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
16-14 to ulster according to the internets. Didnt see a bit of it, but its on Setanta ireland at midnight tonight. May give it a look.

This could have been a good game if the IRFU didnt ruin it. Didnt get to see Wallace vs D'Arcy or Humphreys vs Sexton. Shame.[/b]
Sexton came on but Humphreys was well on top in game by time Sexton arrived and wasn't able to stop Hump's confidence.

BOD was unbelievable and seemed to glide past players with ease but Leinster and Munster it seems (while struggling a bit) seem to be concentrating on H'Cup alot more than ML this year. I know they picking best players etc when possible but same intensity etc isn't there unless it a derby game.

Must also say Ulster and T Nagusa in particular have impressed me so far this season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 24 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Leinster and Munster it seems (while struggling a bit) seem to be concentrating on H'Cup alot more than ML this year.[/b]
Oh I'd dissagree with you there. I think they are both trying but they arent playing very well.

The intensity is never going to be there thats the nature of the HEC really.

Great result for Ulster, they've found their feet a bit this season it seems? Whats the difference up there? Something in the water?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Oct 24 2009, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (munstermuffin @ Oct 24 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leinster and Munster it seems (while struggling a bit) seem to be concentrating on H'Cup alot more than ML this year.[/b]
Oh I'd dissagree with you there. I think they are both trying but they arent playing very well.

The intensity is never going to be there thats the nature of the HEC really.
[/b][/quote]
Oh don't get me wrong I agree they trying just maybe the interest isn't as good as previous seasons like is 'the belly' gone????

In H'Cup even Munster and Leinster (to a lesser extent) are going through the motions but hope it matter of peaking when it matters.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Oct 24 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Great result for Ulster, they've found their feet a bit this season it seems? Whats the difference up there? Something in the water?[/b]
The flyhalf. Last season Ulster would lose a game and scapegoat the 10. This season they're being more consistent with their selections, most notably at 10 where Ian Humphreys is a far better player than Niall O'Connor.

Another big thing for them is that Humphreys has developed into a far more consistent kicker. Whereas last season they blew a lot of games due to goalkicking percentages being below 50%, this season iHumph is kicking around the 75% mark.

Truie. humphreys was 4 from 5 in this one. He's doing well to be fair to him.

On current form it would be between him and Sexton for the Irish 10 position. O'Gara just seems to be getting worse and worse.

I think Berne missed the first three for us.

Latest posts