• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Umaga and Masoe in bar brawl

D

Dumbo

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/Super_12/story_51468.shtml

'The matter is now being investigated by Hurricanes team management'
Retired All Black captain Tana Umaga and his Hurricanes teammate Chris Masoe are being investigated after an altercation at a Christchurch bar allegedly involving the two.

Hurricanes team management acknowledged the incident the players' alleged involvement in a terse and brief statement released on Sunday, but declined to elaborate.

Umaga turned 33 on Saturday, but it is not sure if the incident had something to do with his birthday and post-match celebrations.

Earlier in the day the Hurricanes were beaten 19-12 by the Crusaders in the inaugural Super 14 Final.

According to unconfirmed reports Masoe has assaulted a patron at a Christchurch bar in the early hours of Sunday morning and Umaga had then allegedly attacked Masoe, because of his behaviour. Some reports claimed that Umaga used a female's handbag to attack Masoe.

The Hurricanes statement: "Hurricanes team management have today [Sunday] been advised about an incident involving team members Chris Masoe and Tana Umaga at a Christchurch bar following Saturday night's Super 14 Final.

"The matter is now being investigated by Hurricanes team management and further information will be provided once the details surrounding the incident have been fully established.

"Due to the fact that information is still being gathered, it would be unfair to prejudge the events that occurred until a full and accurate picture is available."[/b]

Wooooooow...

yeah its on the news here, who cares? no1 was heart

except masoe was crying in the corner after umaga hit him with a handbag

oh and the ladys phone was broken 2

This is just too funny!
Originally posted by foxsports

umaga_hadbag350.jpg

Tana Umaga, Chris Masoe (inset) and the ex-All Black captain's weapon of choice.
Umaga 'hits Masoe with handbag'

From correspondents in Wellington, New Zealand
May 29, 2006

NEW Zealand rugby officials are investigating allegations that Hurricanes and All Blacks forward Chris Masoe punched a patron in a bar before being hit by teammate and former All Blacks captain Tana Umaga, who was armed with a woman's handbag.

Masoe, one of the 'Devil's Henchmen', the Hurricanes' trio of loose forwards, was reported to have burst out crying when Umaga hit him.

The brawl erupted at 7am yesterday morning after the Hurricanes had spent the night commiserating following their 19-12 Super 14 final loss to the Crusaders.

A 24-year-old Christchurch man, who did not want to be identified, told The Press that he was in a bar where Masoe, who had been drinking and playing pool, tripped over his feet.

Masoe then turned and punched the man in the jaw, the patron alleged.

"He just hit me in the side of the jaw. I was real shocked. I thought 'what the hell'. It just came out of nowhere," the man said.

"Then Umaga hit him a couple of times with the handbag as if to say 'you idiot'. Masoe started crying. It was crazy."

"I mean a handbag, of all things," she told The Press. "How hilarious... he hit him pretty hard. We heard it crack across the bar. He cracked him up the side of the head twice.

"The Chris guy got quite upset and started crying. They got them out the back door of the bar."
Hurricanes public relations manager Greg Palmer issued a statement saying team management had been advised about an incident involving Masoe and Umaga in a Christchurch bar.

"The matter is now being investigated by Hurricanes team management, and further information will be provided once the details surrounding the incident have been fully established," Palmer said.

"Due to the fact that information is still being gathered, it would be unfair to prejudge the events that occurred until a full and accurate picture is available."

All Blacks manager Darren Shand would not say whether the incident would affect Masoe's future, but he said all incidents involving All Blacks players and alcohol were investigated, even if the players concerned were not in camp with the Test squad at the time.

"We need to investigate the incident and then determine what happens from there," Shand said.

The incident is the second involving the Hurricanes this year.

Jerry Collins and Lome Fa'atau were involved in a bar altercation in South Africa in March.

Agence France-Presse

Originally posted by Ripper@May 29 2006, 04:18 PM
Don't f*** with Tana.
I love it, Umaga bashing a prop till he cries ... and with a handbag! LMAO
Tana is a legend.

Your just jealous because all those little homo League Players use fists and the like to fight each other like a pack of girls.

Handbags are the new Baseball bats.

Umaga should go join the WWF, he could have the hand bag as his trade mark weapon :D .

Come on Sanzar and Ripper. You two mods need to post us up pictures of your own handbags!

Then we can all judge who'd *****slap the other best!

Haha there already is a wrestler named Umaga, pics are in the Separated at birth thread, and also I heard it was really Nonu's handbag Umaga used to hit Masoe :p

its a respect thing more than anything...masoe wudve creamed umaga if he wasnt one of the most respected samoans in the country..

umaga is practically a chief...and is held quite high in both the nz and samoan communities..so it was only rite that he didnt fight back becoz he wud get a beat down by every other samoan in da country

dont doubt masoe though..i mean i wouldnt talk smack to him about this incident...he will kick anyones ass other than umagaz

R-E-S-P-E-C-T....

Originally posted by dobrien7@May 29 2006, 05:50 PM
Haha there already is a wrestler named Umaga, pics are in the Separated at birth thread, and also I heard it was really Nonu's handbag Umaga used to hit Masoe :p
All makes sense... he has to keep his eyeliner somewhere.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@May 29 2006, 05:18 PM
its a respect thing more than anything...masoe wudve creamed umaga if he wasnt one of the most respected samoans in the country..

umaga is practically a chief...and is held quite high in both the nz and samoan communities..so it was only rite that he didnt fight back becoz he wud get a beat down by every other samoan in da country

dont doubt masoe though..i mean i wouldnt talk smack to him about this incident...he will kick anyones ass other than umagaz

R-E-S-P-E-C-T....
Yeah, all the same chiro, the guy did start crying :D .

alcohol was involved....there are certain people that are gonna cry if they get they ass kicked while intoxicated by someone in that high position.......aussies aint **** anyways

mealamu > cannon bwahahaha...he had a grill like a bbq after that scrap

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@May 29 2006, 05:41 PM
alcohol was involved....there are certain people that are gonna cry if they get they ass kicked while intoxicated by someone in that high position.......aussies aint **** anyways

mealamu > cannon bwahahaha...he had a grill like a bbq after that scrap
hey no need to get angers....

we believe you chiro...we do...

.. :lol: :lol2tn:

He cracked a person in the face for no good reason. Last time I heard that happen, a league players career was ended...

Latest posts