• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Under 20's Championship

It will be a good test and hopefully someone else stands out and show that its not only Gilroy, Conway etc. that should be considered for the provinces.

Was about to say how well France were playing and then I saw them do a disgusting spear tackle on Ireland 14 and it went unpunished.

Ye France have taken their opportunities and although our lineout has been good and we have looked dangerous, we haven't been able to keep sustained pressure on them and our handling and tackling is poor.

_41814364_starwars416.jpg

Bring it

I see the wee Scots got a fair pasting from the Frenchies
49-5 I think

Gads min

Yep the French were good. Massive pack (2 Islanders as well), and a clinical backline. Very good FH as well...

That was an excellent French team. Even if Ireland had their unavailable players back, they still would have lost heavily. The Irish pack was muck- only Annett and Murphy of the forwards showed up.

As I often bleat, results at this level don't matter, what you want to see is individuals showing they have the talent to make it at a higher level. As such I was impressed with Paddy Jackson (Ulster have a gem on their hands), Jordi Murphy (very busy around the park and strong off the back of a retreating scrum), Tiernan O'Halloran (great attacking ability), Niall Annett (all action) and to a lesser extent Blaine McIlroy. If those players make it along with the unavailable Andrew Conway, Brendan Macken, Luke Marshall, Craig Gilroy and Eoin McKeon, this will have been a decent year for the u20s. What was a bit worrying though was the play of the tight five. Apart from Niall Annett, they're a long way off even provincial A level.

The islander second row (forgot his name) was brilliant in open play. F'n massive too.

That's Sebastien Vaamahina, over 2 meters tall apparently. Yeah he looks good. If he can beef up a bit, he'll be a nuisance with his very good hands already.

Indeed. He played like a backrow. In many ways his ball handling skills reminded me of Imanol Harinordoquay. France's lineout was fairly poor though so I suspect he'll need to improve in that area of the game.

Last week's results mirrored the real thing. With a spectacular win for Wales last night, complete withg a 30-man brawl at the end, let's hope it's the same this week.

Last week's results mirrored the real thing. With a spectacular win for Wales last night, complete withg a 30-man brawl at the end, let's hope it's the same this week.

Not too far off... bodes ill for Ireland.

Snoopy, you're the only guy I've seen with anything positive to say about McIlroy. That includes ex-Windy Gappers.

Both Conor Carey and Ian Henderson have started games for the Ravens this year. They've looked a bit undersized there too... I think both have a chance of making it, just not as developed as the French boys. There's a chance of that going for the others.

Latest posts