• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Under 20's Championship

Snoopy, you're the only guy I've seen with anything positive to say about McIlroy. That includes ex-Windy Gappers.
I thought he played quite well yesterday behind a beaten pack. He made a couple of half decent breaks and his service to Jackson was snappy enough.

Ireland Under - 20 v Scotland Under -20 (Friday 25th February, Kick-off 19:30. Tulloch Stadium, Inverness):

15 -Michael Sherlock (Clontarf - Leinster)
14 -Tiernan O'Halloran (Galwegians - Connacht)
13 - Alex Kelly (UCD - Leinster)
12 - JJ Hanrahan (UL Bohemian - Munster)
11 - Andrew Boyle (UCD - Leinster)
10 - Patrick Jackson (Dungannon - Ulster)
9 - Blane McIlroy (Ballymena - Ulster)
1 - James Tracy (UCD - Leinster)
2 - Niall Annett (Belfast Harlequins - Ulster) (Captain)
3 - Martin Moore (Lansdowne - Leinster)
4 - Michael Kearney (Clontarf - Leinster)
5 - Daniel Qualter (Buccaneers - Connacht)
6 - Shane Buckley (Garryowen - Munster)
7 - Aaron Conneely (Corinthians - Connacht)
8 - Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne - Leinster)

Replacements
16 - David Doyle (UCD - Leinster)
17 - Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf - Leinster)
18 - Iain Henderson (Queens - Ulster)
19 - Cathal O'Flaherty (Cork Constitution - Munster)
20 - Mark Dolan (Corinthians - Connacht)
21 - Gareth Quinn McDonogh (Shannon - Munster)
22 - Colm O'Shea (Old Belvedere - Leinster)

It appears to be a better team than the one demolished last time out by France. The coach appears to be building a squad with all the changes he's making game by game.

Snoop I haven't seen alot of him but I hear Murphy at 8 will be a good player.
Great to see Gareth Quinn McDonagh who always impresses me when training with Munster

Snoop I haven't seen alot of him but I hear Murphy at 8 will be a good player.
Great to see Gareth Quinn McDonagh who always impresses me when training with Munster

Watch out for Cathal O'Flaherty too. Scoring tries with Cork Con recently. I presume he'll be in the Munster academy next season.

He's at Leinster aye. He hasn't featured for the Seniors this season which is a bit worrying. On the other hand, we desperately short of young locks, a position that's notorious for players developing late so there's hope for him yet.

Jeepers Tadhg is subbing ...that chap is an utter monster...the amount of times he single handedly boutscrummed our front row at club level was mad..looking forward to seeing him get a run :)

Edit ---WOOOOHOOOOO 1,000 posts :p

Jeepers Tadhg is subbing ...that chap is an utter monster...the amount of times he single handedly boutscrummed our front row at club level was mad..looking forward to seeing him get a run :)

If that isn't a sign of the decline of this place is suffering then I don't know what is. :p

Agreed Profitius and I expect him on academy too. I've high hopes for academy in next 2/3 years that we can get good productivity

Ruddock is using lots of players this season for various reasons. Hopefully he'll find the best team for the world cup.

What's happened to Ciaran Ruddock?

He's not tall enough to be a lock and probably not good enough for the backrow. His brother looks like a real powerful player from what I've seen.

Never seen him play but heard good things about him and two years on the Ireland u18s club team shows he must have some pedigree. I hope he works out because the props dropped from the squad, Carey and Bealham, have looked nothing short of useless. I think Furlong may be eligible for this level again next year. He's in the Leinster sub academy as far as I know.

Alot of credit to Ruddock though he has really thrown himself in to this job and done alot of research into players and styles etc

Alot of credit to Ruddock though he has really thrown himself in to this job and done alot of research into players and styles etc

I agree. Kidney could take a page out of his book and try to rotate the squad and give different players a chance. Ruddock knows that not winning the U-20s isn't the end of the world he wants to develop players and teams for the future and that really is what the u-20s is all about.

Never seen him play but heard good things about him and two years on the Ireland u18s club team shows he must have some pedigree. I hope he works out because the props dropped from the squad, Carey and Bealham, have looked nothing short of useless. I think Furlong may be eligible for this level again next year. He's in the Leinster sub academy as far as I know.
At one stage I believe he was captaining either Leinster or Ireland 18's at the age of 16 or so the story went back in 2009