• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

unsung heros of world league

A good No.8 is N.Breedt from the Sharks is only 26 points and is in the 80's for tackling strength and rucking

Gordon Bulloch is a great hooker, 92 for hooking I think and only costs about 34 points! Plus he wins loose ball constantly.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Apr 13 2005, 12:47 PM
for ppl who are wondering what team Rua Tipoki is on hes on the blues and is a good center hes the fdastest center in the game i think speed=90 Randell is also a good winger his speed in 96 and is good all round but with guys like howlett and caucau im sure you wont care much.

Anthony tuitavake and Roy Kinikinilau are both good centers as well they're both strong and got good speed round 88.
u sure his on the blues? i dont see him

Originally posted by Padz+Apr 15 2005, 06:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Padz @ Apr 15 2005, 06:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ALLBLACKS
@Apr 13 2005, 12:47 PM
for ppl who are wondering what team Rua Tipoki is on hes on the blues and is a good center hes the fdastest center in the game i think speed=90 Randell is also a good winger his speed in 96 and is good all round but with guys like howlett and caucau im sure you wont care much.

Anthony tuitavake and Roy Kinikinilau are both good centers as well they're both strong and got good speed round 88.
u sure his on the blues? i dont see him [/b]
hes not in it. he should be but hes not. look in the draft thing back off options or something, it says he has no club.
just wondering, what are the draft teams or whatever, theres 3 of them and i wouldnt have a clue what there for. and also, if you modify the lineups, do they go back to defult in world league?

Okay, been playing a lot of World League, and seeing as I put so much effort into it, I thought I'd report back a little, it just feels great to put it all into words......

First season was a bit of a disgrace, newcomers Leinster arrived on the Third Division scene without a single International class player among their ranks, and to boot, an inexperienced manager. After scraping together a couple of decent results, the first player incoming was All Black and Highlanders hooker Anton Oliver, and on his debut he managed to grab a try. But good performances and inventive play in the backs were/was hard to come by, and mid season saw the worst possible run of results, with the Irish province losing 37-17 to Brescia, 34-10 to Glasgow, 15-12 to Treviso, and the most embarassing of all, the 52-22 cuffing at the hands of the Cats

Only near the end of the first season did things start to look a little brighter, this coinciding with the arrival of Piri Weepu from the Hurricanes, and with him came finally a little reliability with the boot. A couple of good results in the final two games earned Leinster some credibility, and they finished the season in a fifth place, that really masked an altogether poor first season in charge for Paul Mullaney. But it was all to change when the second season came around.

But there was not to be an immediate turnaround. As results were still mediocre at the turn of the season, the manager realised that changes had to be made. A deal taking strong scrummager Afoa from the Blues was completed, and this sparked a turnaround in style of play, which involved keeping the ball tight to the forwards, and trying to break the line with the likes of Oliver and the newboy Afoa. Weepu's consistency with his place kicking continued, and this saw Leinster rise to the upper reaches of the Third Division table, and into a position to challenge for the ***le. Their position was only strengthened with the arrival of pacy centre Ranby from the Chiefs, and it was his try from a beautifully orchestrated set play that sealed a crucial away win against Ulster, 12-6. Come the final two games, there were still four teams in contention for the top two places, and the promotion to Division two. Leinster had to beat the Dragons at Newport in their penultimate game, and although it was tight they came out on top 25-21. Other results went their way and they headed into the final game of the season four points behind Ulster, but with a game in hand. Unfortunately, the Queensland Reds found themselves in the same position. This inevitably led to a nervy performance from Leinster against a stubborn Neath Swansea Ospreys outfit led by intelligent kicking from Gavin Henson, but a late flourish saw them score the two tries to gain them a bonus point and guarantee their promotion to Division Two. The celebrations were put on hold until the Reds result came through, but the champagne was only on ice for a short time, as the news came through that the Reds had in fact lost to the cats at the Queensland Oval.

The Third Division Championship was theirs, and with it promotion, and 40 bonus points to add to their current amount of 31 points. In came young versatile back, Paul Mullaney ( me ) and Barbarians, Stormers and South Africa flanker Schalk Burger.

( A good tip here is to create a player, and to give him incredible stats, but only give him an average goal kicking stat, and no special abilities. Mullaney, who I created, has stats in the 90s for passing, speed, handling, acceleration and kicking, but is only worth 26 trade points, plus 6 for maintenance cost. )

If u go 2 squad management, an select replace on any player, u will b sent 2 the nationality screen. Go along 2 New Zealand an scroll down to the centres, where R.Tipoki is. Select him an he will b in the Blues squad pretty good an cheap player @ wing or 13.

Hope this helps.

add prop B. Nolan - Highlanders to the list

cost 24 mnt 5
great value!!!!!!!!!

add jon smit - sharks
add sr naevo - fiji

Just won Division Two, pretty much at a canter, was never in doubt. Knockout Cup was a bit of a dissapointment though. Friday night and I found out that it was London Wasps in the next round. Felt a little too tired to play so I decided to leave it until the morning which maybe didn't help as it took away my momentum. This didn't seem to matter much in the opening exchanges and I was soon in a 10-0 lead. But I was given a warning as to what life would perhaps be like once promotion was achieved to the Premier Division stage of the World League. Wasps ran riot and ran and kicked 31 points through my defence to give themselves a 31-10 victory and knock Leinster out of the knockout cup. Immediately after that game, I cuffed Llanelli, with the 45-10 scoreline made only a little more acceptable with Watkins scoring the Welsh outfit's first and sole try of the game. Promotion and the Championship were achieved therefore without any great difficulty, but I hope things will be of greater difficulty in Division 1.

Team so far.....

1. J. Afoa
2. A. Oliver
3. T. Smith
4. J. Muller
5. V.Matfield
6. S. Burger
7. M. Zwicker
8. N. Murphy
9. P. Weepu
10. P. Mullaney
11. L. Tuquiri
12. B. McCarthy
13. M. Ranby
14. J. Simpson-Daniel
15. R. Damm.

Obviously the places taken by the original default players in the team will need to be filled, but there are other areas I think need to be strengthened by bringing in a few world class players. A top drawer fly-half perhaps, could be drafted in, and Mullaney would be moved out to fullback or to scrum-half thanks to his versatility. The back row is an area I would like to add another two of the World's best, perhaps Betsen, Harinordoquy or Magne. Then I intend to bring in another couple of top-drawer centres, and allow Ranby to be used as extremely effective cover. I'll maybe start First Division tomorrow, first game against the Stormers at Cape Town.

contepomi stay ontopic. there are millions of world league threads out there to put your storys on. this is to show who economically who to pick.

btw, since its the hollidays now ill do the economy team tomorrow.

Hah sorry I guess I've got a bit carried away. ( Looking at your pic I just realised, my bro looks a bit like Paul ***o )

Anyway, a tip, I've got 86 maintenance points to earn in Division 1, going to be bloody hard.

Originally posted by contepomi@Apr 18 2005, 04:35 AM
Hah sorry I guess I've got a bit carried away. ( Looking at your pic I just realised, my bro looks a bit like Paul ***o )

Anyway, a tip, I've got 86 maintenance points to earn in Division 1, going to be bloody hard.
yeah, even a pic of the ginga maori paul ***o makes me feel all fireie

made the team up. Price often made a player go up a spot, it almost works out to 5tps = 5-10 skill points.

ok here it is the economy team:

1) C. Corrigan - 33/9 Leinster © - (only in because of captaincy, otherwise O. Durandt - 25/5 - cats)
2) D. Coerzee - 25/5 - Bulls
3) O. Hassan - 25/5 - Argentina
4) B. Grissing - 34/9 - Leinster (most expensive)
5) K. Robinson - 29/7 - Cheifs
6) R. Pugh - 29/7 - Neath-Swansea
7) S. Jennings - 29/7 - Leinster
8) S. Lauaki - 24/5 - Cheifs
9) J. Cowan - 28/7 - Highlanders
10) L. Arbizu - 27/6 - Argentina
11) S. Bobo - 24/5 - Hurricanes
12) H. Paul - 27/7 - Glochester (K)
13) J. Simpsondainel - 25/5 Glochester
14) S. Danielli - 24/5 - Bath
15) Duraham - 25/5 Nothampton

heres how i judged it: (in no order of piority)
PR= Strength, Scrums, Tackles.
HK= Strength, Scrums, Tackles, Hooking.
SR= Lineouts, Tackles, Scrums, Strength. (hard to find a decent yet cheap SR)
FL= Tackle, Strength, Speed, Rucking.
N8= Tackle, Strength, Speed Rucking. (Also hard to find)
SH= Passing, Handling, Acceleration, Kicking. (Alot of cheap quallity players out there)
FH= Passing, Handling, Speed, Kicking. (VERY hard to find a cheap one.)
WG= Speed, Acceleration, Handling.
CT= Speed, Acceleration, Handling, passing. (since kicking CT's are cheaper than kicking FH, was hard to find one.)
FB= Speed, Handling, kicking tackling. (The hardest to look for, if their tackling or handling is lower than 70, there not worth looking at.)

brian habana is one of the best centres in the game - and he is only 26 cost

if he isnt in your team - YOU'RE A FOOOL!!!

he is way better than bobo/paul - he can even play wing

spd 91, acc 90, agil 86, str 80ish

the same goes for J.Muller - one of the best rated second rowers in the game - only cost 25! spd 77, lineout 89...

i did have a serious look at him, but paul is really only in the team for kicking. very hard to find a decent kicker, cheaply, that doesnt ruin a position completely. Weepu or fairbother, both from the hurricanes, are both options, but weepu has shocking (passing? or something important for a SH) and fairbothers scrums arnt as near to the other props.

If you dont need to worry about kicking and/or Captaincy then yes, both corrigan and paul would not be in the team. but you do have to worry.

I cant remember weither habana can play wing or not, so ill take your word on it, but if he can, then yes he could take the place of Danielli.

Simpsondainel is a good pick imo in world league, because he can play: wing, Centre and flyhalf so with a bit of movement, he can ge effective everywere.

heres the close calls in it:

Kaino in the No.6
Rauluni in SH
O. Ai'i in FH
Mcallister in FH
habana in CT
Tune for FB, untill i saw his tackling was only 44, which could turn into a worst senario (thinking back to one Jonah lomu try
<
[not againced tune, but againced catt)

come to think of it, a big BIG one i left out, rua tupoki, from the nz maoris. you have to put him in a lineup before you start wl, (he plays for the blues) very good buy, unless youve already started

Latest posts