• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2024 - Round 10

Saw that they got the win. S4C are showing it later tonight, so I'll have to catch-up. Dan Edwards continuing to impress which is great to see. For the U20's last year I was concerned he might be another 'flashy' 10 lacking the game management side of things, but if anything it's been that game management that's stood our to far this season for the Ospreys.

Real shame that Cardiff haven't been able to translate their close games into wins like the Ospreys have, or they too could be in the upper half of the table and pushing for a playoff place. Crowd and atmosphere looked great at CAP again saturday, despite the weather, so they really need to repay those supporters with some W's soon.
Yeah it was a funny game, Ospreys scrum was very strong with what looked like Smith doing well (even Henry looked alright when he came on which is something I never thought I'd say - maybe that's a tad harsh)

Yeah, Edwards looks alright, especially for a 20 year old. I thought he ****** the drop goal coz he hesitated just before kicking but he took it very well, big pressure kick. Scenes when it went over.

Yeah it was a funny game, Ospreys scrum was very strong with what looked like Smith doing well (even Henry looked alright when he came on which is something I never thought I'd say - maybe that's a tad harsh)

Yeah, Edwards looks alright, especially for a 20 year old. I thought he ****** the drop goal coz he hesitated just before kicking but he took it very well, big pressure kick. Scenes when it went over.
Smith should be in the Welsh squad ahead of Mathias who continues to struggle in the scrum.

I think something has gone on there. Doesn't make sense. He must've done something that ****** Gatland off.
I think he's sometimes struggled to translate his scrummaging onto the international scene. However I'd argue that he's often been second/rhird choice which has meant being paired with underpowered tightheads.

I think he's also just returned from injury, so maybe that counted against him, although it doesn't stop Gatland selecting other injured/injury prone players in his squad.

Saw that they got the win. S4C are showing it later tonight, so I'll have to catch-up. Dan Edwards continuing to impress which is great to see. For the U20's last year I was concerned he might be another 'flashy' 10 lacking the game management side of things, but if anything it's been that game management that's stood our to far this season for the Ospreys.

Real shame that Cardiff haven't been able to translate their close games into wins like the Ospreys have, or they too could be in the upper half of the table and pushing for a playoff place. Crowd and atmosphere looked great at CAP again saturday, despite the weather, so they really need to repay those supporters with some W's soon.
Crowd size has been good at Cardiff, they say 12k but there were empties in the usual places.
Atmosphere though is still shockingly poor, too many grumbly old men whinging into their pints (like me) and little to no fan engagement from the club. It still bothers me that they arent interested in doing away fixture tours or anything, but then for 4.95 a coffee from a van dome players own what do you expect?

Games have at least been competitive, the red card killed us Saturday, but ultimately it's a conservative game plan that's keeping the score down, we hold on, that and Young's try line turnovers lol we wont convert these types of close losses into wins, not until we can find ball carriers or ball players...

Latest posts